PDA

View Full Version : New 225X

WillyT
05-17-2001, 04:37 PM
Anyone know the status of the Pro Max 225X? Last I heard, it was still not available for purchase. Is the holdup due to the addition of "11th hour" extra/better features or are they just trying to get it all to work correctly? Other than the new electronic oil injection and larger prop shaft, will there be anything new/better worth talking about? What will the new rpm limit be? How much horsepower increase, if any, is it supposed to produce versus the existing Pro Max 225? I thought the existing Pro Max was already pushing the 10% advertized horsepower "rule", so can they even call the new engine a 225? Thanks!

jimmyb
05-18-2001, 06:49 AM
production should occur this summer

there are very siginificant changes on 225X vs. the old 225. you will see it as soon as you take the cowl off. Gone is the old sytle "laser" front end. It is replaced by the 2.5L optimax front end, which acts more like the center horn intake. There are also numerous internal tweaks and improvments.

the 225x is definately stronger than the old 225. The powerband is much more broad and flat.

The rpm limit has not been fixed yet, but i hope it will be higher than the old 225