PDA

View Full Version : twin 225 Opti's Water Pressure -- Big Difference? Why?

shooter810
05-28-2005, 04:17 PM
I am running an 289 W/A Intrepid with twin 225 Opti's. Today while I was doing my pre-season checklist (live in WI) I notice with both motors running at the same RPM and close to the same temp. One of my motors had almost half the water pressure the other motor had. Both motors were passing water...

Both motors had the impellers replace mid-last year.

That begs the questions; Do I have a problem or something I should be concerned about? If so, what should I look at to try and resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shooter810

seacow
05-28-2005, 05:27 PM
are you using smartcraft? or live guages? If live guages you might simply have a bad guage, try swapping pressure line to the other guage and it should tell you. My guess is that if everything checks fine with temp, etc. then all is well. Optimax will sound buzzer if water pressure is too low.

1BadAction
05-28-2005, 05:51 PM
you might want to pull the water pump and make sure all the "blades" are facing the same way... could be the gauges too. if the opti senses anything wrong it WILL let you know with some kind of beep or blip or horn... they are like R2-D2 back there :rolleyes:

shooter810
05-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Yes, they are "gaged" with SmartCraft and I have the pressure listed on the Starboard and Port gages. The temps after warm up are within a few degrees...

Thanks again.

AlaskaStreamin
05-29-2005, 06:21 PM
My 300 ProMax's have different pressures and have new pumps, hoses, and guages. Temps are close so I live with it.

sosmerc
06-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Just for kicks you might want to try swapping the water pressure transducers to see if the problem follows the transducer. (if you had said the temps were also different I could buy that no two Optimax engines seem to run at the same temp....but since the temps are the same at the same rpm...I would expect the pressures to be very close...so I'm thinking one of the transducers is different...maybe not bad, but just different??!!)

shooter810
06-15-2005, 08:48 AM
The problem followed... Thanks all for your help and advice. What an awesome site.

Thanks again.

F26
07-26-2005, 07:30 PM
My 300 ProMax's have different pressures and have new pumps, hoses, and guages. Temps are close so I live with it.

check your thermostats and make sure there is no trash or broken.