PDA

View Full Version : Set Photos As Desktop Background

Thomas H
05-06-2005, 02:45 PM
How do I set photos in Featured Photos and Gallery as my desktop background? Easy to do with photos in ads, right click and select background, done. Nothing happens when I right click photos in Featured POhotos or Gallery Photos. Thanks.

Spd-Kilz
05-06-2005, 02:50 PM
If you hover over the top left hand corner, a box usually appears. The first one is to Save it to your harddrive. From there you can make it your background;)

msc5195
05-06-2005, 03:01 PM
You can right click on the picture then choose SET AS BACKGROUND.
Make sure that you have the picture enlarged to it largets size. Setting a small picture as background will distort the picture.

Spd-Kilz
05-06-2005, 03:02 PM
You can right click on the picture then choose SET AS BACKGROUND.
Make sure that you have the picture enlarged to it largets size. Setting a small picture as background will distort the picture.

Not in the Gallery you can't:)
-Chris

pyro
05-06-2005, 03:10 PM
The gallery has the "right-click" function blocked to discourage people from remotely linking images. The "save" icon described above is featured only in Windows 2000 or Windows XP. If yours is older, then it gets more complicated. You have to do the following in this case:

In the "View" menu, select "Source" You will get a list of code for the gallery page you're on. Hit F3 to do a search on this source page. Search for "JPG", there will be several "JPG" hits on the page, but the SECOND one that shows up will usually be the one in the filename of the large image on the screen you want to see. Copy and paste this entire http address ending in JPG directly into the browser window and hit "go." This will display the image on the screen all by itself, allowing you to use the "right-click" to save it to your computer. You can also use the "set as background" function at this point.

This method ALWAYS works with ALL Windows operating systems and versions of Explorer.

-Chad