PDA

View Full Version : Question for Race Man

Audiofn
05-16-2001, 02:42 PM
Hey there you seem to be very knowledgable about inline 6's. I have a older distributer syle L6 and was wondering if it was worth the effort or even possible to change it over to packs. I actually heard that the distributers give a hotter spark. Another thing that I need is the internal wire harness for that motor. The one that is on my XS is all dried up. I thought I had a extra one but have not been able to locate it. One other thing this thing is impossible to start when it is cold. I ussually have to remove the cover and give it a quick shot of starter fluid. Is there anything that I can do about that? Thanks for the help

Jon

Raceman
05-16-2001, 04:59 PM
I've seen a T2 that somebody changed, but don't know what all it takes because I've never owned a non distributor inline. I got new internal harnesses for an inline about 3 years ago from Merc, but don't know if they're still available. If not I'm sure you can get em from Rapair. They haven't sold direct for a long time, so a dealer'll have to order em from them too. As far as cold starting I've always pumped the bulb until it's real tight and held the choke button down with just a little foot throttle, or the fast idle arm up on an old hand control. until they start. Mine'll always start going through that routine. If you pump the bulb a little too tight you'll see gas start to drip out the bottom pan which is also flooding a little into the carbs. That seems to be helpful if not exactly enviormentally friendly. The choke only closes 2 of the 3 carbs and it's a pretty sloppy seal too, so that's why they're a little harder to cold start than the newer stuff.

Audiofn
05-17-2001, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the info. I will try Merc first with the harness and try to squeeze a little harder LOL

Rickracer
05-17-2001, 06:22 PM
Email me if you're interested.