PDA

View Full Version : Almost Unlimited!

JTS Racing
04-16-2001, 10:56 PM
Typical unlimited outboard 1/4 mile drag Hydro. 16' ultralight, Kevlar/Carbon composite safety capsule. Steering system with rudder. Engine ???:D,

OK edited with update.....still building, but more to come!!

KG4
04-18-2001, 10:15 AM
Good luck and show em how its done.

wetvette
05-06-2001, 10:45 PM
Good luck with your set up I have a CCC 6 carb 12" mid 2 speedmaster units and 6 props thinking about seting on a Mirage custom ture tunnal please keep in touch

Freddie Webb
05-10-2001, 10:35 PM
Wetvette, I have some CCC stuff. Please let me know if you ever want to get rid of those parts. You should try the CCC on your 15' Allison. I thought about it on my 14' call me crazy but, just curious. I know someone who ran one on a 16' Allison. He was radared at 99 in the 1/8 at which time he over trimmed and blew over! Keep me posted about your boat you own two of my favorites, Omc race parts and a short Ally (small boat fan). If you want to get rid of 15' let me know. A good friend of mine is about to worry me to death about mine.

TD
05-10-2001, 11:07 PM
buy some OMC parts in the near future. Have a little project in mind. Be needing a v4 powerhead, trick midsection and lower unit.
Ron

Freddie Webb
05-11-2001, 05:23 PM
The 16' allison I'm refering to was set up for top end. The boat was racing circle track with 1/8 mile straightaway. He made it out of the first turn in the lead and you know the rest of the story. I didn't mean to mislead you about the 1/8, I was just trying to emphasize the acceleration.

KG4
05-14-2001, 03:16 PM
Hey Freddie I own a 15 GW Invader Its pretty close to an Allison it has center steering and is very light.Did these boats ever race in ovals? Thanks Bob

JTS Racing
05-15-2001, 05:26 PM
Hey Freddie, I ran a little 14" Ally a couple of years ago just for fun. And believe me it was fun :D. Heard you got what was left of Peter's stuff??

Ray Neudecker
05-15-2001, 06:10 PM
KG4 My first race boat was a14 ft GW Invader with a 125 tower of power. They were extremly competitive in circle boat racing in the mid 60's. One of the first black racers,who went on to champ boats or factory unlimited then was Art Kennedy. He drove for the factory and dominated several classes until he moved up in a 14 and a 15ft.Invaders. They were faster and handled the rough water better than the Allisons at that time. They would not turn as well. Of course Paul Allison corrected that and that was the end of their reign. This was a time when horsepower changes were coming every year and race boats were also redesigned continously. It was very difficult for race boat manufactor to stay on top long. After the second time I barrelrolled it in a turn, I went to a different boat myself. They were a sweet driving boat in its day with the horsepower avilable. We ran in the 70's in circle race setup with a motor today's Yamaha 90 would spank.

KG4
05-15-2001, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the info on on the invaders Ray,Very cool have a good one. Bob

Freddie Webb
05-16-2001, 12:45 PM
What do you mean by let the battles begin? Do you have a 14'allison or were you refering to Gus's allison? I look forward to meeting you Jeff(Isn't that right). I've heard good things about you. Gus is one of the finest people you ever want to meet. I'm sure you've heard many stories about the Weeks (the Omc MAN of Drag racing in late '70s and early 80s).

JTS Racing
05-17-2001, 09:26 AM
Hey Freddie. Yep dats me! The shot of the little Ally on his web site is me driving. Was taken at the Sooner Nationals in Chickasha Ok. The "There can be only 1,,and the battles are about to begin" jus refers to the start of the race season. There can be only one winner:). We got way to many problems this year. I have also been getting some seat time in a ProMod and hopeing to hang on and make a run at a TAH spot. Then again, it might not be for me. But won't know till I try. Not going to leave the outboard scene, but it has been moved to 2nd place. Doing all I can to make at least one of the ODBA events this year.

Between tha little U/O Hydro "Fantasy", tha PM, tha paying job, tha boys ball team, tha wife,,,,,and keeping tha grass mowed so da neighbor don't throw us out, I have had little time to get on the boards. Had to make a decision between this, eating, and sleeping..lol Was in the office this morning and took a short break to answer this from were my e-mail was flagged. Wish I could be around more often, but damn there jus ain't enough time. I'll still try to get around from time to time. Good luck with the Ally. One of the funest rides I ever set in.

Look forward to meeting you to.

Later:cool:

WillyT
05-17-2001, 04:21 PM
Speaking of GW Invaders, does anyone remember the Tunnel Torpedo that they made? I think it was a 15' or 16' boat. I believe it was the only tunnel in the GW line. How did they run and do you ever see any still around?

JTS Racing
10-16-2001, 03:36 PM
One of the latest pic's....Only a few more details and rigging.

JTS Racing
10-16-2001, 03:38 PM
A sneek look at the inside.....

Ok...from another angle.......

TMc
10-16-2001, 04:01 PM
Hydro you looking for a motor I got a OMC 3 liter on a 12" mid with fuel injection and nitrous.Let me know if this might intrest you. TMc

KG4
10-16-2001, 04:11 PM
i need one of those hydros.I like it

Unloaded Racing
10-16-2001, 05:36 PM
Your boat looks great when Steve and I were looking at it with you at Jasper I just could not believe how good it turned out. Good luck and if you need anything just let me know.

Tim

Psyco
10-23-2001, 10:18 PM
Where are the bullet holes I suggested? Do ya kneed me to cum over and put them on for ya? Other than that, she is a VERY fine piece of flotsam. Hope she runs as fast as she looks.;)

dan agnew
10-28-2001, 10:16 PM
Is that a PUGH hydro? it look cool and i think it will boogie!!!!
Danny

JTS Racing
10-28-2001, 10:42 PM
Jus tell me wer Iz can getz sum of dem bullet holez and Iz'll stick um on. But fer ya'z info it izn't going to Afgoneastan fer um...LOL

It's not a Pugh. The hull is one of a kind, designed and built by a friend in Ky and a lot of "extras" built in for lift. It was an open cockpit in its early days and I ran it one year as such. Had plans to install a capsule, and after trying ta push it faster, a NOS/Alky fire in Oct of 00' made the plans a reality sooner than expected. Built a shop behind the house, had'ta have one of those, and started work on a friends ride. After taking his home in Feb of this year, started the remodel on mine and itz been a long summer. It's 16' long and jus under 6' at itz widest point at the sponsons. Rigged with a mild OMC and turning around 8 grand, it ran 9.0's @ 126-128 mph in the brackets on jus fuel....no NOS. Not sure of the engine type for next year yet but...... Can't wait till spring!!!!!!:D :cool: :cool:

JTS Racing
11-02-2001, 09:50 PM
As per some request...the pix have been replaced with a different view...

TWright
11-11-2001, 04:15 PM
Hydro, I don't have your e-mail address. Shoot me something and I'll send you some of the Jasper pictures I took. And yes the hydro is looking great!! Tom