PDA

View Full Version : E-Tec

Mark
04-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Does anyone know of any of these engines with some hours on them yet. Although only fairly new I was hoping some of the professional users may have some time on them and was woundering what their experiance has been.

It's very hard to get over the Ficht history even though design and company ownership has changed.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks Mark

seacow
04-08-2005, 12:38 AM
have a customer with several hundred hours on a set of 250's, no problems at all!!! Just got through ordering 3 more sets of 250's for some of our pro series fishing guys we sponsor at the shop because they are satisfied with their fellow competitors who also are having incredible track record. As for the smaller engines we have sold about 40-50 in the last year, only problem we had was 2 75hp engines had loose starter bolts, they didn't even know it but when they came in for other boat problems we did an inspection and found it, all is great for us in North Carolina, USA so ask around but we are having a hard time getting these engines because people are asking for them instead of the darn Yamaha 4 stroke craze that everyone was on for so long, thank GOD.

sho305
05-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Last week I saw a triton with a 250 on the back on the highway...it was an etec. I hope someone posts some running info/opinion on here soon.

seacow
05-23-2005, 07:05 PM
http://www.dealerport.com/brp/Doc/0/S1TG030ISHO43DEREGQ4ENCF19/PE309a.pdf

I would have posted the whole thing on here but not exactly sure how to do that, this is the Test straight off dealerport site.

sho305
05-24-2005, 12:26 PM
That link asks me for a password.:(