PDA

View Full Version : cable setback

E-rudesoldier
04-04-2005, 07:04 AM
My father was looking at putting some setback on his boat but where his cable steering comes out near the transome will not allow his cable to turn back any for setback. He was looking at my boat and I have dual cable steering and it looked like it would work on his but I have never heard of anyone useing a dual cable bracket on the motor without dual calbe. Any one have any suggestions.

Stretch
04-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Did you get it worked out yet? You could have the cable go through the transom..just get a nice boot, and make sure the hole is "far out" enough to make a gradual curve toward the motah.

-adam

E-rudesoldier
04-06-2005, 06:58 PM
we are thinking along the same idea just going to maybe cut the hole maybe more oval to get the cable back towards the motor more. The only problem is there is only about two inches between the hole and the bracket for the motor.

thanks Jake

Rickracer
04-06-2005, 07:44 PM
.... you probably won't be able to oval the hole enough. When added a jackplate to my Glastron C500, I went from splashwell steering to dual opposed at the same time. I attached a pic of the results. This setup allowed me to add 6", but would have worked as well for 12" if I so desired. :cool:

E-rudesoldier
04-08-2005, 04:30 PM
I think that will be what has to be done. Cutting a new hole is going to scare the heck out of the two of us cutting away at his boat!!! gotta do what ya gotta do though huh. funny we are doing all this to get a 15 foot starcraft bass boat with a 90 to go faster!!!

Rickracer
04-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Like ya say, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :D :cool:

150aintenuff
04-23-2005, 10:09 PM
OR rather than cutting the boat up convert to hydralic stering... then use original holes

Rickracer
04-24-2005, 04:06 AM
And here is a system designed just for that type application. Teleflex BayStar, for up to 150 horsepower. S&F discounted price.......$520 + shipping. Let us know if we can help. :cool: