PDA

View Full Version : Outboard Tech Library? Anyone?

LakeRacer99
04-01-2005, 02:52 PM
I am curious if anyone would like to see a technical library on outboards. Something similar to what is on biggerhammer.net only more readable/printable.
I'd like to see tables with what production parts are better than others.
You know, stuff for guys with production motors that need to hotrod on a budget. Models and part numbers of stock parts (gears, carbs, heads...etc) that we would desire. I like to know what to look for in the scrapyards sometimes.
This would be for all brands of motors, anything guys want to contribute.

This could be an easy reference for newer guys here to use as well...so the FAQ could be forwarded to this area.

I know there are alot of folks on here that went out and bought a new 280Merc and a new Allison or STV to run it on, but there are just as many guys here that can't afford that and have to tinker with production parts to get their "fix". I wouldn't want turn them away like Powerboat and Hotboat has done to us outboard guys.

Thanks,

Hottrucks
04-04-2005, 04:37 PM
I can feel the love on that Idea!!!

Tampa Cat
04-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Most of the Allison and STV boaters moved up from slower stuff.Each new boat was a neccesary step in the evalution of their skills.I think thats why we don't have more accidents.They didn't get a new old boat and go fast next week,the speed came a little at a time.By the time they bought the 100 plus boat they new WHY that boat was needed for safety. All the mistakes are still in that computer between their ears.If you make this information available to the new speedsters mayby they won't get so frustrated and move into a new boat and speed range that they(or you)are not ready for them to have.Is this the next step in the evalution of The GREAT SCREAM AND FLY? I personally will be very impressed when it happens.And yes I need the info!

Hottrucks
04-04-2005, 07:09 PM
I agree but you can't buy comon sence either!! and MOST performance accedents I would bet come from lack of ,as you put it, Computer skills not lack of $$$$ The second leads to lack of evolution of skill.

Tampa Cat
04-04-2005, 07:23 PM
I guess I assumed a reasonable amout of that,they got a boat didn't they?

LakeRacer99
04-05-2005, 10:45 AM
I can't comment on the common sense of others, to this day, some folks "intellegence" just amazes me.

So, do you think this info would help or is it reguarded as top secret info?

Scream And Fly
04-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Jason, we're already working on a database of that kind of information. It's a big project.

Greg:)