PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Switzercraft Reunion

TomAprilsswitzers
03-24-2005, 02:47 AM
Hi Everyone, The 3rd Annual Switzercraft Reunion Will Be Held On Sept. 10, 2005 At The Harborside Marina In Wilmington Illinois. Anyone With A Hot Boat Of The Past (SWITZERCRAFT,VAMPIRE AND HUSTLER Of Illinois),or Any Hotboater For That Matter, Are Invited To Attend. As Of Right Now Bob Switzer And His New XP Tunnel Will Be There And The Big Attraction For Switzer Lovers Will Be The Miss Diablo III (a Very Rare Switzer Flying Wing) And Kenny Kitson (WHO RAN THE DIABLO TO MANY WORLD RECORDS) Will Also Be In Attendance, And Jack Lewis The Man Who Engineered The Design Of The Vampire. For More Information Call Tom Or April Arambasich At 815 954 6483.

triple dude
03-24-2005, 09:24 AM
Sounds like a pretty cool get together. How's attendance been in the past??

MN4V
03-27-2005, 11:05 AM
That's a nice race site! It's the site of many OPC races in the early 70s.
But the marina has been improved. It has a nice bar/restaurant for cold beverages. Only about 30 minutes west of Kankakee, IL
I've never seen a wing in person, I would really like to see one run.
Mark Nelson

ponyboy
08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Well I for 1 cant wait !!! I just finished a 65 glasspar G3 in red with a 76 85hp merc. It wont be the fastest boat there by a long shot but it will be there. I will bring a freind with a 14' allison running a 140 merc. and 1 more freind with a 16' sidewinder runnin a 115 merc.and possibly more?

BIRDZY
09-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Had A Great Time Tom . See You Next Year. Also Enjoyed The Wing.

MN4V
09-10-2005, 10:56 PM
The wing was cool! I should be able to post some photos on Monday.
Mark Nelson

MN4V
09-12-2005, 10:22 AM
A few photos from Wilmington, IL. Sept 10, 2005.

MN4V
09-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Two More of the Wing.

TomAprilsswitzers
09-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone, well the 3rd annual Switzercraft reunion is over. WOW..it turned out great. We had about 23 boats in all,maybe a couple of more but I lost count. April could not make it, she had to have her appendix removed a few days before all this happened.

Well Bob & Carol Switzer showed up,with a vintage,in perfect shape, Switzer SS. Kenny Kitson and his family showed up,along with Jack & Bev Lewis. A wing racer from the past also came down to meet everyone, and that was Boots Spellman from Spellman Marine in Wisconsin. If any of you guys go to the Switzer Wing Site, his old Wing was the "Wet & Wild". Also in attendance was Halold Semburger, a great racer from the past. And it goes on & on.Total people in attendance was 65,not counting the people from the rivers I was raised on who came down to see our boats. I really loved the old Carlson Racing Tunnel and the boats that Joe Ball from Dragonmaster Outboards brought down.

Well anyway, everyone who was in attendance, would like to have it next year at the Harborside Marina & we have been invited back by the owners to use thier facilities again. I would also like to thank Val & Brad collins for all the pics they took and we're hoping that or little get together will get into Hot Boat Magazine.

This was our 3rd reunion, the 1st one was attended by myself, my wife April ,Larry Jawjoka and his son, and our dog Roxy. There were only 2 boats, April's GL-21 and Larry's 14FT Holiday.The 1st reunion was held in Antioch,Illinois, very near where Switzers were last built.

The 2nd reunion was held in Black River Falls Wisconsin,that one saw 4 boats and about 17 in attendance. So I am really pleased on our Rally this year. We are thinking about having it next year on the 1st weekend on August of '06. I would like some opinions on this,It seemed that the weekend after Labor Day worked out great but I feel that it is a little too close to the OPC Races held in Kankakee Illinois on Labor Day weekend every year. But Jerry Sellner, the 2004 Formula V Champ did make it to the 2nd & 3rd reunions, after racing the weekend before. Nice Shooting Star Jerry and it was great you were able to make it this year.

So please feel free to email me or call with some input on next years date, otherwise I will plan it again for the weekend after Labor Day. Tlord91154@aol.com or 815 954 6483...Again thanks to everyone, Tom & April Arambasich.

TomAprilsswitzers
09-28-2005, 11:07 PM
I wanted to send some pics of the reunion but all the picture files are 1.75 or greater, anyone want me to email then to you,I do not know how to shrink them to fit....

TomAprilsswitzers
12-27-2005, 09:30 AM
:) :D THE SWITZERCRAFT REUNION REGATTA 2006 WILL BE ON THE 1ST WEEKEND OF AUGUST....AGAIN IT WILL START ON FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MARINAS BAR FOR AN INFORMAL MEET & GREET, THEN THE PICNIC AND BOATS ON DISPLAY WILL START AT 1030AM AND GO ALL DAY LONG. WE WILL HAVE A GROUP PICTURE AGAIN BETWEEN 2-3 PM. ONE OF THE "OLD MUSCLE CAR" CLUBS FROM THE AREA SAID THEY WILL BE THERE TOO TO CHECK OUT OUR BOATS AND FOR US TO SEE WHAT A REAL MUSCLE CAR IS. SOUNDS LIKE FUN.
IF THE 2006 REUNION HAS A BIG TURNOUT, WHICH I THINK IT WILL, THEN IN 2007 A THIRD DAY CHARITY POKER RUN FROM HARBORSIDE UP RIVER TO BIG BASIN MARINA THEN THROUGH THE DRESDAN LOCKS TO 3 OTHER MARINAS WILL BE ADDED. THIS IS ONLY IN THE PLANNING STAGES AT THIS TIME BUT IT IS VERY DO-ABLE IF EVERYONE ARRIVES IN TIME AND WE CAN GIVE THE ARMY CORP OF ENGINEERS AMPLE NOTICE THAT WE'RE COMING. ALSO IF THE MARINAS THAT ARE ON THE COARSE THAT WE WANT TO TAKE WILL SIGN UP FOR IT, BUT I DO NOT FORSEE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THAT. I SHOULD HAVE FLYERS FOR REUNION 2006 AVAILABLE BY THE END OF JANUARY 2006 :) :D :eek: :cool: ;) THANKS, TOM ARAMBASICH. 815 954 6483/815 476 6483/TLORD91154@AOL.COM/TLORD91154@COMCAST.NET

Big Johnson V8
01-23-2006, 09:27 PM
The 2007 poker run sounds good. We came last year with Joe from Dragon Master. We will have 5 boats coming in 2006, cant wait.

TomAprilsswitzers
02-04-2006, 03:19 PM
The 2007 poker run sounds good. We came last year with Joe from Dragon Master. We will have 5 boats coming in 2006, cant wait.
Sounds Great Big J V-8, can't wait to see you guys there again. Pass it around to anyone who would like to attend, everyone is welcome. Tom Arambasich.:)

TomAprilsswitzers
02-28-2006, 10:17 AM
:D SWITZERCRAFT REUNION REGATTA 2006/ AUGUST 4 & 5..................SOME OF THE mUSCLE bOATERS DOWN HERE HAVE ELECTED TO HAVE A SMALL RIVER RUN WITH POKER HANDS AFTER THE GROUP PHOTO. THIS IS STRICKLY A VOLUNTEER EVENT AND NOT MANDATORY FOR ANYONE, BUT PART OF THE MONIES COLLECTED WILL GO TO A CHARITY. THERE WILL BE MORE INFO ON THE UPGRADED FLYER I AM WORKING ON RIGHT NOW...LETS MAKE SWITZER REUNION #4 A GREAT TIME...TOM & APRIL ARAMBASICH TLORD91154@COMCAST.NET

TomAprilsswitzers
05-02-2006, 08:45 PM
:D :) ;) ;) HI EVERYONE. ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE A FLYER TO THE 4TH ANNUAL SWITZERCRAFT REUNION REGATTA WRITE ME AT TLORD91154@COMCAST.NET AND I WILL BE GLAD TO SEND YOU ONE.THIS YEAR IT WILL ON AUGUST 4 & 5 AGAIN AT THE HARBORSIDE MARINA IN WILMINGTON ILLINOIS. ON FRIDAY THE 4TH THE MEET & GREET WILL START AT 7PM AT MACIES RESTAURANT LOCATED AT THE MARINA. ON THE 5TH ,THE PICNIC & REUNION WILL START AT 1030AM.THIS YEAR AFTER THE GROUP PICTURES ARE TAKEN THE AREA BOATERS WILL SPONSOR A MINI 20 MILE RIVER RUN FOR A CHARITABLE CAUSE THAT WILL BE ANNOUNCED THAT DAY.THIS IS STRICTLY AN OPTIONAL EVENT THAT WILL COST 25.00 A BOAT WITH 1ST,2ND & 3RD PLACE CASH PRIZES. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE. TOM & APRIL ARAMBASICH

4-MULA-V
05-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Tom I plan to attend with the 2 shooting stars, my 1750 and my cousins Switzer, Another friend of mine hopes to have his Wing ready in time to come. If you need any help let me know. Keep me posted. Send me your address and I will send you a TCPBA Twin City Power Boat Association newsletter, I will list the event there.

TomAprilsswitzers
05-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Anyone wanting a flyer for Switzer reunion 2006 please write me at tlord91154@comcast.net .I will send them out ASAP. Hey BIG JOHNSON V-8 if you can get me Joe's address to Dragonmasters I'll send some there plus a poster. Tom Arambasich

TomAprilsswitzers
05-01-2009, 11:31 PM
:cheers:Just a quick note to remind everyone of the 7th Annual Switzercraft Reunion Regatta will be on Saturday July 18 at THE BIG BASIN MARINA in Channahon Illinois...Starts at 10am...We are planning a River Run then hopefully some speed runs for fun.:iagree:
Hope a lot of you guys can make it:D, we had a great time last year...We will be in Muscatine on May 15,16 and 17 with 2 of our Switzers on display, hope to see some of you guys there too...Its a great time. Tom Arambasich

TomAprilsswitzers
06-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Tom I plan to attend with the 2 shooting stars, my 1750 and my cousins Switzer, Another friend of mine hopes to have his Wing ready in time to come. If you need any help let me know. Keep me posted. Send me your address and I will send you a TCPBA Twin City Power Boat Association newsletter, I will list the event there.

Jerry any of you guys going to attend this years Switzer Regatta?:cheers::thumbsup::):leaving: Tom Arambasich www.freewebs.com/switzercraftreunionregattas/

TomAprilsswitzers
11-20-2009, 05:17 PM
:cheers:The 2010 Switzer Regatta & Hot Boat Rally will be on Saturday July 17 at THE BIG BASIN MARINA in Channahon Illinois...Starts at 10, All boats & Boaters welcome!!Hope to see you all there, Happy Thanksgiving...Tom & April Arambasich:cheers:

Big Johnson V8
11-21-2009, 08:58 AM
You guys have a happy Thanksgiving also.