PDA

View Full Version : Maybe gone.....but not forgotten!

JTS Racing
05-15-2001, 05:39 PM
Been traveling a lot lately. Just got back this past weekend from doing my first testing in a ProMod. Yes Barney, one of dose "bath tub car engine boats". Went good,,,I'm still here:). Is being converted over the next couple weeks to a TAH, then I go back for seconds. Less of um I hope;). It's been fun with the "clamp-ons" and my U/O is still in the works. Hope to still make some of the races with ya this year.

This board is great and has some very unique personalities. Will miss some of the BS that keeps it so interesting. Afterall, how long can ya talk about just engines???...OK, forget that last statement:D.

Ya keep the wet side down, and I'll be around from time to time just to say hi!:cool:

Jeff

or from the other side
"Merlin"

Scott
05-16-2001, 08:46 AM
Hydro...

Will always look fer yer posts. You were the first to answer my first post (back when I was a JR member lol) appreciated yer straifght foreward help to someone new to the sport!! Always the best of luck to ya!

Scott

Liqui-Fly
05-16-2001, 09:47 AM
The one guy that didn't say "huh???" when I said I had a Stratos VT Rocket is announcing his departure from the board. Stop in and out of the BYB chatroom....I've been absent as of late....still working on The Fly and the temp has dropped here so my urethane in the bilge is taking a bit longer to cure (yep did the bilge too). Being different is always a pain in the ass...hope to see you in Plymouth. David

JTS Racing
05-23-2001, 11:10 PM
OK.....this should make most of ya happy.

Getting to run one of the faster rides on water is like an 8 yr old thats going to Disney for the first time. Can't wait to do it, spend several days and lots of time.

Guys it's great,,,,,but,,,,,Those things are suposed to go fast. They are loud, lots of vibs in the capsule, gives you that tingly feeling all over, but no real challenge to drive. Just remember ta shift at the right time. Can jus dump tha throttle and they still go straight.

Don't get me wrong,,,I have it bad....I want ta go faster, but there is no replacement for the clamp-on. Adrinilen doesn't start ta flow until the "zone" or "edge" is reached. If you've never been scared, then you've never been there:eek: To be the underdog and go out there against something that sounds BAD, looks BAD,,,is suposed to be BAD,,, and BEAT um with a drink mixer,,,There's nothing like it.

Don't think I will be giving up the outboard scene as soon as I thought:D But I'm not closing the door on the other side either;)

Scott
05-24-2001, 07:06 AM
Glad to hear....

We can still count you in our numbers! So where ya runnin' this "tub"? Is this solo for fun, or drivin' for someone else? Others may know the details, I was not sure.

Be Safe!
Scott