PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a new truck!!!

WARLOCK
03-10-2005, 01:29 PM
I was going to buy used and ended up with a new one. I traded my 97 Dodge 2500 cummins in on a 2004 2500 Dodge 2500 crew cab Cummins. This thing is loaded. I get it in about 2 weeks. Now all I gotta do is get the plow and tool box off. I went to Ford and I found that they are having transmission troubles. I've got two friends who are mechanics at a Ford dealer and said they just got recalled again. I will admit that the 6.0 powerstroke has some balls. Maybe a little too much for the trans. I've always liked the Cummins and the new 600 Cummins is awesome. Later, Dave

Forkin' Crazy
03-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Cool! My buddy has a new one, and you can't hear the engine running at highway speeds. BTW the early '04 Dodges had some problems with the auto tranny. I have an '01 Dually with the enhanced Cummins and a Power Puck. Even with the 6 spd std, I can out run my buddies Z71! :)

1BadAction
03-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Hey 1badstream, If you have nothing good to say(and you usually dont) just shut up and go away.

point taken, post deleted... although excuse me for being pessimestic about the beautiful great excellent wonderful trannys in the dodge trucks, that our work vehicles just loved to puke every 30k :rolleyes:

for the record, I have plenty of nice things to say, but with an attitude like yours i can see why you wouldnt notice. :cool:

triple dude
03-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Congrats!!! Can't wait to see it (in Ottawa). Kurts right--no one guy should be able to buy so many toys in such a short time. ;) I'm working on my shopping list for this weekends fest at McCormick Place. That little trip is gonna cost me some dough. :eek:

WARLOCK
03-11-2005, 08:04 AM
The color is graphite (gray). I've heard about problems with all the brands. I decided on the Dodge because I've had such good luck with my 97. I also has a tranny problem with the 97. I got it fixed and drove it another 100,000 miles. They all have good points and bad, I just decided to with the best deal and CUMMINS. Later, Dave

WARLOCK
03-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Clyde, I'd say I'll meet you this weekend at McCormick place but, I've got a date with my wife in Cancun Saturday morning. I'll be gone for the week and then I'll pick up the new truck. Later, Dave

racerx
03-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Warlock going to Cancuhn,must be goin to visit the relatives.

triple dude
03-11-2005, 03:10 PM
A new truck, a recent Viper, a rebuild on THREE outboards AND a trip to Cancun!!!! Some guys have got the life!!!! :D

Father Steve
03-11-2005, 05:44 PM
He has spent money on. He will not have any to have fun in Cancun.

OR WILL HE!
Stayed tuned! We will hear about it Later.

Have a great time Dave. Tell the better half I said Hi!

Steve

Father Steve
03-11-2005, 06:00 PM
I forgot to say congrats on the truck. Sounds like you did like the color of my new Dodge.

Remember if you have any of the boy's from Canada in your back seat to either watch out for mail boxes, or keep the child safety lock on that is on the door so they will not be able to open it while you are still moving!

Steve

triple dude
03-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Went to the Chevy/Vette Fest. Wanted to pick up some odds and ends. Most of the parts that were there were for older Vettes. Otherwise, you had to sit down with one of the aftermarket sales people and put together an order list. I didn't have time for that. So for $15 in parking, $14 for admission, $6 in tolls and more for gas, I walked away with two catalogues I could have ordered for free over the net. :(

WARLOCK
03-23-2005, 06:03 AM
I picked up the new truck last night. I love this thing but I also hate to see the old one go. I had really good luck with it. This new Cummins is so much more quieter and more powerfull. The new coil over suspention is also such a better ride. It was pretty nice this morning, I got in the truck and turned on the heated seats and my ass was nice and warm. Ah, luxury! By the way boys, I saw more topless women in Cancun the first five minutes, than all last year at Blarneys. Later, Dave

triple dude
03-23-2005, 09:46 AM
THOSE are the pictures your wife deleted.

picklefork_cowboy
03-24-2005, 01:25 PM
I bought a 2005 dodge single cab 4x4 dually.It has cummins (600)6 speed 4.10 gears cold air intake ,straight exaust and stacked chips.Was gonna put propane on it but I have no rpm's left.103mph 1/4 mile,109 mph top end.How is that for a standard shift diesel?

WARLOCK
03-25-2005, 10:16 AM
It's pretty awesome how much power they are getting out of diesels these days! I'm gonna leave mine stock... so far. Later, Dave

picklefork_cowboy
03-25-2005, 02:04 PM
I would have left mine stock but fuel mileage sucked so I put a chip on it then just got carried away.

triple dude
03-25-2005, 02:48 PM
With those quarter mile speeds, what are your E.T.s?? High 14's?????

WARLOCK
03-28-2005, 08:17 AM
What kind of fuel mileage were you getting (stock)? Later, Dave

picklefork_cowboy
03-28-2005, 02:11 PM
not realy interested in E Ts but I think 14.6 this last time .Stock fuel mileage on the way home from dealer was 9.6mpg.I also have 4.10 gears.

WARLOCK
03-29-2005, 12:14 PM
9.6!!! That really sucks! I took mine on about 425 mile trip this weekend and the mileage was 16.9. On my 97 Cummins I would get 17 mpg consistently. If I only got 9.6 I would probably drive through the dealers window. I used to check the mileage on my old truck every two weeks. This new truck has it all in the console. The dealer told me, and I knew already, that once the motor is broke-in, the mileage will get even better. I'm not sure of what gears are in it. Later, Dave

picklefork_cowboy
03-29-2005, 08:37 PM
If you didn't special order your truck it has 3.73 gears where your old truck probaly had 3.55's.I didnt let mine get broke in just chipped it.My console says around 16 mpg but manually divided it's wrong and everybody I talk to says theres is wrong also.I've been to several dealers and had the computer reflashed but it hasn't helped fuel mileage.

mouaclan
03-30-2005, 12:15 AM
'00 Toyota 4runner Limited. Been averaging 18 city. haven't yet took it on any trips yet, but just hitched up for first time this year. looking sweet i think.

WARLOCK
03-30-2005, 12:00 PM
I'll check mine manually and see what it is in the next week or two. I still love this truck. Later, Dave

MODVP22
04-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Ok Dave...pictures already! ;) Congrats onthe new ride

WARLOCK
04-05-2005, 05:35 AM
I know Tom, one of these days I'm gonna have to learn how to post pictures. The wife also never lets me hold the digital camera after I drop one a couple of years ago. You'll see it at the Rumble. Later, Dave

triple dude
04-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Have you ever noticed that when you're out in your car, there's never anybody to "run"? With the GTO, all I get is kids wantin' to run their Dad's LTD. I was cruisin' down I65 Saturday night in the new ride and some car came barreling up on me from the rear. I moved over and he pulled up. Turned out to be a new Chrysler 300 with hemi. I just kinda eased up alongside him and he did punch it. Alright!!!! It didn't take too much effort to put some BIG distance between us. Last night I'm going home and a couple of kids in a late model TransAm wanted to play. I punched it and built about a 15 car gap. Then I'd back off and the TA would close in. Then I'd hit it again and rebuild the gap. Did that about three times and let him go by. The driver wasn't too happy but his buddy was all smiles and thumbs up. Sometimes, life is just soooo good! :D

Father Steve
04-06-2005, 09:01 AM
you are teaching the kids a thing or 2 about respecting there elders.
We will have to line you and Warlock up with his new truck and see what happens. Do you think you can give him a mile or two head start.
See ya May 7th.

Steve

triple dude
04-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Don't know how I've missed meeting you from my St. Charles/Geneva/Batavia days??? I imagine that about now Dave is thinking,"I wonder if I could tow my boat to Ottawa with the Viper?" That's why I refrain from giving him chit. :D Actually,I might end up bringing the GTO depending on the weather. I need to hook up Jeff with a 3.5HP Mariner and two person raft that I picked up at a recent auction plus, of course, the Bloody Mary stuff. I think I'll need a lot of THAT. :eek:

Father Steve
04-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I was just over at Jeff's this morning helping him cover all his stuff he is taking down to the new hilbilly paradise. We have talked about the boat you have there and what we can do with it at the Island this year. I am not sure why we have not met yet but we will in a few weeks. And you are right about Dave, he will try anything once, well twice!

Later

Steve

triple dude
04-06-2005, 03:08 PM
I think Jeff wil fit in REAL well down there! ;) He'll show 'em what a real hillbilly is. HaHa

WARLOCK
04-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Clyde, if the weather is nice and my boat is not done, I might bring the Viper down. Also, how was that little club you guy stopped in last year? Later, Dave

triple dude
04-07-2005, 10:41 AM
The club was okay. Some of the performers were a bit on the chunky side but in that area, they're all cornfed. :eek: Jeff and my cousin sat at the stage and kept rubbing their heads on "those things." I think they thought it would make their hair grow. Don't think it worked. :rolleyes:

WARLOCK
04-07-2005, 11:20 AM
We'll have a few beers in us this year, so matbe we'll have to stop in there. Later, Dave

MODVP22
04-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Jeff who is moving where?

triple dude
04-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Don't worry, modvp. He's not moving into your area. ;) Racerx has bought a weekend getaway.

MODVP22
04-07-2005, 01:02 PM
OK, Too many Jeff's up that way...Yammer, Baker, Clienmark.. :)

triple dude
04-07-2005, 04:57 PM
I ditched the show queen so will be able to hang after boating. She had way too many "restrictions." :eek: Seems like there's another place in Utica, by Starved Rock, where ya see it all. Mark should know where it's at. I think he's left large volumes of dollar bills there.