PDA

View Full Version : meg welding mahcine..??

great adventure
02-15-2005, 02:29 AM
:confused:

AM I ASKING IN THE RIGHT PLACE??

RIGHT NOW I AM USING A WELDING ROD'S 4MM AND OVER
AND WANT TO IMPOVE MYSELF BY SKIPPING TO MEG WELDING
SO COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME MORE IDEA ABOUT THIS MACHINE

MY OLD MACHINE IS HOBART-USA

GA

1BadAction
02-15-2005, 03:08 AM
what material are you welding? steel? aluminum?

Miller and Lincon both make good machines. Their light duty stuff is pretty durable for use at home.

Riverratt
02-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Hobart also makes a nice unit for home use

RJSHADOW8021
02-16-2005, 03:33 PM
it is called a MIG welder, what thickness metal are you welding? you can get away with a 115W suitcase welder. that will weld uptoo 3/16in steel. if you are going to do alluminum then go for a tig welder, or you will have to get a larger 220W welder with a spool gun

mpcf1000
02-26-2006, 12:32 PM
if you are interested in wire feed welding
my best sujestion to you is to take a small welding cource at your local comunity coledge
wire feed or MIG welding has advantages and disadvantages over conventional stick welding
aluminum is a metal all to its own and needs spetial teckniques to work properly, it can be welded by MIG or TIG

benski
07-29-2008, 05:04 PM
You may have limited success teaching youself stick welding on steel, but I will just about gurantee you that you will be lost welding on aluminum with a wire feed machine, and REALLY lost doing TIG work on aluminum without some competent instruction. Do take a course at the local junior college, get some decent equipment if you are going to be serious, (the cheap stuff is just that..) and then you can charge your buddies to put together clean attractive and safe welds for them.