PDA

View Full Version : Web Hosting Question.

Reese
01-22-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm thinking of starting a personal web page but not too sure how easy it is to do layouts, graphics (if any), etc. Do you need to know HTML language?

I want more than a photo album...but don't need anything real fancy. Any info would be great.

Scream And Fly
01-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Reese, you do not need to know how to program HTML, PHP, etc., but it sure does help, and it could be required if your site will be anything more than a basic site. There are many free resources on the web that teach basic HTML, which is still a useful language to know.

If you're a beginner at this, then you'll most likely make use of templates. Graphics are something that does require some degree of learning - depending on how complex you want to get. Again, you should be able to find free utilties on the web for making simple graphics for the web. Of course, if you really want to learn, there is no replacement for Photoshop (which is what I use for all graphics and editing work on Scream And Fly).

There are several good programs that are available that make editing websites easy - even Microsoft Word and Publisher include web templates.

Greg

Reese
01-23-2005, 06:26 PM
sounds like I might need to play with publisher first...$500 for photoshop it too steep plus the learning curve is kinda steep, but I'm sure your right that it's probably best for serious webmasters.