PDA

View Full Version : what are you running

barr151
01-15-2005, 02:27 AM
Call it cabin fever (ya right, in florida) or whatever you want. I was just thinking that we post what we drive on the water, on the road, in the snow and through the woods, but i don't remember seeing a post about what you have to get on the internet with? so to pass the time, I thought i would post the question "what are you running". I am also curious in what namebrand seems to have more problems than others.
I am using an outdated 4yr old E machine w/ a 1gig processor/512mb ram/ 3D agp graphics/dr-r burner/surround sound/ 19 in phillips monitor.
I have a laptop that is even more outdated, so i won't bore you with the details on it.
Yes i am getting ready to buy a new system and i am a little behind the curve so i am interested in seeing how far i am behind.
What about PDA's, does anyone stand out above the rest??

1BadAction
01-15-2005, 03:06 AM
interested in selling that laptop? the more outdated the better...

barr151
01-15-2005, 10:08 AM
na, i still like it and the kids use it when i am on the other computer. thanks for the offer.

150aintenuff
01-19-2005, 10:53 PM
1.5 year old P4 3.01 Ghz 533mhz bus speed Hyperthread 1gb ram MSI motherboard Nvidea 128mb Gforce FX 5950 videocard 250GB hdd with 120 GB serial ATA RAID for server aplications....

It is STILL CLOSE to top of line even though it is a year old, there are faster chips but why I dont need it.. and it was 4500.00 when i built it so it better stay fast for a year oor 2. The new chips arent any faster GHZ wise to speek of I thing 3.6 or 3.8 is king now but their bus speed on motherboards are 1066... Its the mack truck to corvet analigy.. corvet is faster but the mack truck brings the goods in one trip where as the corvet has to make multiple trips to cary same load.