PDA

View Full Version : License plate TR. wire storage.

Techno
05-14-2001, 03:19 PM
This probably doesn't apply for many people but my gas fill is under my license plate. I usually stuff all the extra trailer wire into the bumper. I got a brain stain to mount 2 cord hooks on the back of the plate and wind the cord on these. Simple enough.

Ron V
05-14-2001, 04:28 PM
My old car had the gas cap under the rear plate, and I miss it. Used to be able to pull in to whatever pump was convenient. Now I have to pay attention to which side I pull up to the pump on. Good idea on the hooks.

Scott
05-14-2001, 07:17 PM
I like the idea :D

It does howerver lead one to believe that Techno has to much free time on his hands and should come over to my place and sand on some epoxy! lol

Techno
05-15-2001, 07:49 PM
I'm still playing with gauge wiring. I thought of it the same day I used one of those tool mounted cord hooks(vacuum cleaner,A power tool used for removing dog hair from the carpet). Opened the plate up for a fill up and wire spilled out, saw the bolts on the plate mount and Wa La.

Scott
05-15-2001, 09:22 PM
That just shows to go ya :)

Ya just never know where the next great Idea will come from!
Dog hair? We use that same tool but it's usually cat hair and all 3 women (wife and 2 daughters) in my house long hair...It's everywhere.