PDA

View Full Version : Ford Transmission Warranty Problems

150aintenuff
12-29-2004, 09:33 PM
I own a 1996 f-250 with a powerstroke and the DAMN AUTOMATIC thatis so famous for CARNAGE of EXPENSIVE PARTS it has 222000 miles and the trans was Just replaced for the 4th time at 200,000 miles and I was just told that after 9 months and 22,000 miles that a 3 year /36000 mile warranty would not cover the damage to the Torque converter, front pump, and planetary gears that GRENADED in my truck becayse FORD is claiming that it was "modified" from factory condition because I have a BANKS Trans Command hooked TO THE HARNESS of the transmission. .. NONE of the transmissions I have had installed in the vehicle HAVE EVER EVEN had their transmission pans removed because the tranys dont last long enough to get to the transmission filter change interval...

any one else have this problem with getting replacements under warranty????

I have filed a law suit against the dealer that installled it last april siting the fact that they APPROVED the replacement last time WITH THE BANKS on it, and even stated that the banks KEEPS the parts TOGETHER

so this should be interesting...

AwesomeBullet
12-29-2004, 10:11 PM
I feel this could get real interesting.... :( Unfortunately the Ford warranty is written so that ANY modification to the original factory unit will void the warrranty. Installation of aftermarket products/devices/performanes enhancers is definately a no-no in Fords view. It is written strong enough that they can fall back on it with absolutely no worries in cases like this. Your dealer, on the other hand, can really have his hands tied right now if they told you it was ok to use it AND it was approved under the warranty. Only sticky spot here is that you must have it in writing from the dealership at the time of installation that everything would be a-ok with the Banks unit.

Ford is famous for doing this and trying to weasel out of a warranty issue. But let me suggest something. Check into a Jasper re-man transmission for your vehicle. When they re-man a unit, a lot goes into r&d of why the original units fail. They then redesign whatever is causing the problem to be certain that the units Jasper sends out will not meet the same fates as the factory units. I have had the chance to go to the Jasper plant and see this for myself. We use Jasper for all of our engine and tranny replacements and have had only one problem EVER with a Jasper transmission. Ford C6 tranny, had a sticking governor. No big deal, Jasper next day aired one to us and the customer was back on the road. Oh, and they come with a nation-wide 3yr/75000 mile warranty that is your warranty, so it is good at any shop that deals with Jasper. Just a thought for ya.

beer30
12-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Was the dealer the one who told you that the trans. would not be replaced, or was it a Ford fact. rep.? Did you call the Ford Consumer line ( 800-392-3676 )?Chuck.

150aintenuff
12-30-2004, 01:18 AM
Beer 30 It was DEALER who INSTALLED trans WITH BANKS TRANSCOMMAND ALREADY INPLACE!!! when asked about aftermarket parts the dealer who sold installed and CLAMED to have repaired the trans 7 times prior to it going out IN 9 MONTHS!!!!! NEVER said trans command was problem or would cause warranty to be void and yes it is in writing.

also I have sunk 10 grand in to repair bills "not covered" in warranty on said transmission over last 9 months due to "not internal parts" (trans cooler, that CAME WITH TRANS KIT, trans cooler lines, ELECTRONICS GALORE (whole transmission PCM went out in 5 miles) if i win thew suit i will either get 1 or the other of 2 things. the truck will recieve a 6speed conversion using the new dodge 6 speed OR i will have a new truck as the lemon laws in my state allow up to 3 times the dammages amount spent on remoding the orginal problem

This transmission LITERALLY SHIFTED RIGHT 5 times every shift after that was slow lagging and had about 1500rpm slip PER shift and the converter would lockup properly but under throttle it would slip up to 750 rpms under load so it was never right.

Rickracer
12-30-2004, 07:09 AM
It is built to take the abuse. They have one living behind a 750 horse PS. I just talked to my Jasper rep a couple of weeks ago about them, because we have a bunch of customers with modded or programmer equipped Ford PS diesels. Check them out here: http://www.jasperengines.com/monster-box.htm .

As far as dealing with Ford, believe me, they deal with this all the time, and their response always seems to be the same, they take all of your money that they can get, and then don't back their product. :confused: :mad:

pyro
12-30-2004, 11:10 AM
I have 2 friends who have late 90's F-series trucks, a 250 extended and a 350 short box. Both of their transmissions failed for the first time under 50,000 miles, and they were all-stock. Ford would only split the cost of repair for one, and the other guy was hosed for 2,500 to fix it at a shop because Ford wouldn't help. These were defective transmissions, pure and simple, a flawed design and Ford knows all about it...

rock
12-30-2004, 11:59 AM
My timing sucks. Yesterday I ordered a Ford re-man tranny for MY 99 F250 PS. I pulled up to a stop sign and that is what the tranny did. It stopped. No warning , no slipping, nothing, it just quit. Pumped original fluid out and new synthetic in at a local dealer about 40,000 ago. I dropped the pan to make sure it wasn't something simple like pick-up falling off and it was like new in there. There was some metal in pan but total was about the size of a BB. Sure wish I had heard about the Jasper tranny yesterday.
Rock

Ray Neudecker
12-30-2004, 03:11 PM
I would have a hard time jumping on Jasper's band wagon. I bought one of their high perfomance engines (installed by their dealer) for my Class C motorhome which began to knock within 300 miles. After a delay of six weeks, they finally shipped a replacement. It started leaking oil before I left the shop. It leaked a little over a quart every 100 miles. They sent me to another dealer who kept it for a week and managed to get the leak down to a quart every 200 miles. On their advice I used and added oil while waiting for another replacement engine. The oil accumalated under the chasis and caught on fire before it arrived doing extensive damage to the motorhome. They jacked me around with one tale after another until it was too late to pursue in court. One year limit in Tennessee. These were engines they had supposedly assembled and run prior to shipping. Many dealers in this area will no longer sale their product due to similar experiences.

stvhelm
12-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Ronnie got a motor from jasper engines last year and put it in his dually and it already quit working. not a jasper fan either

rock
12-30-2004, 04:19 PM
You can get a good Ford, a bad Ford, a good Chevy, a bad Chevy. I just started to remove my tranny and unless things improve dramaticly (sp) it ain't coming out anyway. Sure glad I have a Ford mechanic for a friend that boats but doesn't work on boat motors. Gonna be a long week-end. At least I feel better about getting the Ford tranny.
Rock

Ted Stryker
12-30-2004, 05:16 PM
If Toyota made a 3/4 and 1 ton truck, Ford and Chevy would need to just pack it up and go home... It gets frustrating to pay these huge dollars for some of the things that these vehicle do....

Rickracer
12-30-2004, 06:49 PM
....I've had experiences with quite a few rebuilders and Jasper is by far the best out of the bunch I've dealt with. The large majority of the other brands products are pure junk. Any of Jasper's products that I have had a problem with has been backed swiftly and decisively. Then again, I am not "their" dealer. But on the subject of the Ford trannys, the OE product is garbage, and most of the rebuilt stuff is too. At least the Jasper trans has addressed most (if not all) of the issues that have caused the demise of a large percentage of the OE transmissions. They have invested in test equipment that allows them to dynamically bench test valve bodies for leakage, and in the process, have found many that need to be scrapped due to internal hemorrhaging.

To sum up:
Ford = garbage
Jasper = some serious improvements, including testing.
Re-engineered clutch packs
Re-engineered valve body and accumulator
Re-engineered torque converter
Upgraded planetaries to Ford's heaviest duty applications
:cool:

baja200merk
01-10-2005, 07:33 PM
why is it that you cant find a new a 99 up f250 , 350 with a manual tranny?
a friend of mine from kissemie fl (sp) has a 00 250 4door AUTO psd and has had lots of trouble wit it... my neighbor has a 03 4 dr long box f350 psd 6spd and besides bangin the fender up in the snow he hasnt had a problem with it almost 90k on it now dads got a 97 f350 psd and had a problem at 140000.. the bearings dropped out of the pressure plate, threw it all out of balance still worked fine but if you pushed the cluch in while you were doin over 2000 rpm the whole thing would raddle and shake cause it was out of balance they were replaced and the problem dissapeared...

point is
IF AUTO MATICS SUCK! WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BUY THEM??

KEVIN
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRANNYS!

The Big Al
01-10-2005, 07:43 PM
If Toyota made a 3/4 and 1 ton truck, Ford and Chevy would need to just pack it up and go home... It gets frustrating to pay these huge dollars for some of the things that these vehicle do....
And you think Toyota would have a better price.

The Big Al
01-10-2005, 07:58 PM
why is it that you cant find a new a 99 up f250 , 350 with a manual tranny?
a friend of mine from kissemie fl (sp) has a 00 250 4door AUTO psd and has had lots of trouble wit it... my neighbor has a 03 4 dr long box f350 psd 6spd and besides bangin the fender up in the snow he hasnt had a problem with it almost 90k on it now dads got a 97 f350 psd and had a problem at 140000.. the bearings dropped out of the pressure plate, threw it all out of balance still worked fine but if you pushed the cluch in while you were doin over 2000 rpm the whole thing would raddle and shake cause it was out of balance they were replaced and the problem dissapeared...

point is
AUTO MATICS SUCK! WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BUY THEM??

KEVIN
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRANNYS!

My friend in Alaska has 250k on his automatic Ford! My other Freind has 165k on his! I have 80k on my psd!
So what's your point!
Sound like a broke record! my friend this my friend that!
If man makes it! It will break!
So! What's your point!
My this-my that!
Makes my a%% crawl!

baja200merk
01-11-2005, 01:17 PM
My friend in Alaska has 250k on his automatic Ford! My other Freind has 165k on his! I have 80k on my psd!
So what's your point!
Sound like a broke record! my friend this my friend that!
If man makes it! It will break!
So! What's your point!
My this-my that!
Makes my a%% crawl!

point is
AUTO MATICS SUCK! WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BUY THEM??

So what's your point!!
haha dick ^^

i recomend you go get that ass crawling problem checked out by ur doctor you have something wrong...

what year are ur friends trucks sweetie?

thanks 4 answerin my question :rolleyes:

rock
01-11-2005, 03:38 PM
$2695 retail. 3 year 36000 miles. Don't know what the Jasper would have cost but I don't think Jasper would have paid labor and all if it puked. Ford will. 200,000 miles and it's rolling again. Thanks to S&F member, Ford tech.
Rock

baja200merk
01-11-2005, 05:06 PM
rock
if its a 3 year or 36000 mile warentee? doesnt that mean it is over in either 3 years or 36000 miles which ever comes first?
how did you get ford to pay for it with 200000 miles on ur rig?
kevin

The Big Al
01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
haha dick ^^

i recomend you go get that ass crawling problem checked out by ur doctor you have something wrong...

what year are ur friends trucks sweetie?

thanks 4 answerin my question :rolleyes:
OK! TOOK YOUR ADVICE!
WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND WHAT DID THEY FIND?
YOUR HEAD UP MY A^^!
YEA, THATS RIGHT! YOU!
SO THEY GAVE ME A LAXATIVE AND I TOOK A BIG CRAPP, AND YOU FELL OUT!

FIND YOUR "NEW" 1999 OR UP TRUCK?
WELL DID YA?
I KNOW WHERE A LOT OF 2005'S ARE!
AND MAYBE A 2004!!!
THEY DO HAVE 6 SPEEDS!!!

PERSONALLY!
I THINK YOUR FULL OF CRAP!
YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS!
NEVER MIND FRIENDS THAT OWN A REAL TRUCK!

O!
THANKS FOR THE ADVISE FOR THE DOCTOR! MAN FEELS MUCH BETTER TO FLUSH YOUR BUTT DOWN THE DRAIN!

SO BRING IT ON!

LETS SEE JUST HOW SMART YOU REALLY ARE!

Rickracer
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Jasper does pay labor, I know, I've collected a couple of labor claim checks from them. But in over 10 years of dealing with them, a couple of labor claims isn't too bad. :cool:

baja200merk
01-11-2005, 07:01 PM
ss eingine
holy **** bro r u 11?
let me go get my lil brother he is much better at this 5th grade **** talking contest...

""I THINK YOUR FULL OF CRAP!""
i dont care hahaha!

""I KNOW WHERE A LOT OF 2005'S ARE!
AND MAYBE A 2004!!!
THEY DO HAVE 6 SPEEDS!!!""
exactly a lot of 2005s u know why they are on a lot? cause no one has bought them!
so you are agreeing wit me in saying, alot more people buy autos cause as you said all the ones on the lot are 6speeds. ya dick...

ur hilarious you actually think that i would sit here and make that **** up haha!

b4 u ask...
my point is (as you have explained) all the 6speeds are still sitting in the lots even trucks from 2004 my question was and still is WHY do people buy the autos instead of the mauals if so many people have problems with them?

look bro i fight all day in school... i come on here to talk maturely (incase you dono what that means copy this into ur isp address bar- Http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/maturely) about ussually mechanical type hobbies that seem to baffle most others my age... so stop your bickering cause you arent going to win nor r u gonna get any where! im not going to show you the pictures of me and the friends (whom i supposeably dont have) wheeling on my local beach last saturday. thats simply because you are not worth it...
i feel weird talking like this cause if u were in front of me i would probly knock u out on general principal, but cause i cant theres no point in this and all you are doing is ruining/interupting a pretty educational thread...

To all OTHER S&F members---
i didnt mean to offend any one in my previous reply, and if i came off sounding as i knew it all i didnt mean to cuz i definatally dont. thats why im on here!

OH YEA SS ENGINE U NEVER SAID WHAT YR UR FRIENDS TRUCKS ARE? JUST CURIOUS...

thanks kevin

The Big Al
01-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Ok! BAJA!
This Is My Point!
For The Amount Of Trucks On The Road The Automatic Transmission In Trucks Today Is Better Than It Has Been In A Long Time.
Any Time You Have A High Selling Vehicle You Will Herd About All Kinds Of Problems.
The More They Build The More It's Going To Break.
And I Know You Know! That Most Of These Problems Are Created From Modifications And Abuse!
Some (not All) Buy A Super Duty Truck Or Duramax And Pull Bull Dozers 80mph Every Day And Exspect Them To Last!
It Can't And Won't!
As For As Fords Being On The Lot!
They Always Have Been, Ford Believes In Stocking The Dealership! Move Um! They Build Them Every Day.
Also Check The Stat's Ford Outsold All Other Makes In 2004!
Beat Gm By Over 2 Million Vehicles.
Now The Reson I Got Bent At You! This My Friend Has This And My Freind Has That! It's An Old Record!
If You Don't Own One! If You Haven't Had The Problem, Then Why Bash It?
Your Statements Or Unfounded!

Know! Start A Question!!! Who Owns A Truck And Has Had No Problems?
See What Ya Get!

As For As The Name Calling! You Ask For It!
You Know You Did!

So?

baja200merk
01-11-2005, 07:35 PM
I was simply asking why would automatic owners rather autos? especially if they are prone to problems? is there something that they make much easier than a stick would? is ther somthing they excell in or is it just they are easier to drive?
its obvious your gonna have problems manufacturers are human too, and as i stated my imaginary friends have had some...

haha actually one of my firends ran into a fine problem last night when he stopped in brooklyn at 330am on his way home from work for fuel and the packy pumped super into his 97 350 (same as my dads)... will update u on the damages but thats all i know as of now:o
kevin;)

Charlie M
01-11-2005, 10:15 PM
What we need here is some acutal first hand information. Not some story from my second cousin's, great aunts, frined's friend. These stories just get tossed arround way to much be of any use :D

Posts like this helped me make up my mind when I was looking for truck. My last truck was a dodge with similar transmission failures and hearing about these Fords.... the only solution I seen was buying a truck with a real transmission...allison 5 speed. Could not be a sissy ass toy ota or datsun.

150aintenuff
01-12-2005, 03:42 AM
Hows This For First Hand Info!!!!!!

1I removed MYvehicle from the repairing dealer VIA TOW TURCK and removed the transmission, loaded it up in to MY other truck and carted it in to ANOTHER FORD dealership and GUESSWHAT MY 3 year 36K warranty was honored... and best of all the dealer whom Ihave now sued gets to pay the other dealer Labor to replace and Iget reimbursed for MY time to diagnose and remove the problem trans...NO QUESTIONS ASKED.... its amasing what happens when the owner of dealership gets called by ford brass... :D:D:D truck is currently in shop getting reassembled and NEW trans... 222550 miles and a 3year 36K mile warrenty on both engine and trans..... :D:D:D!!!!!

BEAT THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW SSR your becomming a PAIN IN MY REAR!!! you hijack my thread to be a jerk.... A$$ DICK!!!! maybe i should just run your lil stock PSD over.... REAL TRUCKS GRANADE CAR TRANYS....

150aintenuff
01-12-2005, 03:54 AM
also the lawsuit isnt finalized but it seems to have been settled by ford however it isnt over yet... there are some details yet to be discussed...so those of you that are assuming that i got a extreemly fast response it was only because the regional ford rep was there talking with the owner when i delivered the notification of a pending suit... I got phonecall today from same rep @7:30 this morning saying it would be "taken care of properly and you will be reimbursed for your inconvience"
ford really raised the bar in their responce solution and i am genuinly satisfied with the result but i am the type to finish what i have started so the saga continues.... atleast at the dealer level... at the corperate level all things are :D:D

The Big Al
01-12-2005, 07:32 AM
also the lawsuit isnt finalized but it seems to have been settled by ford however it isnt over yet... there are some details yet to be discussed...so those of you that are assuming that i got a extreemly fast response it was only because the regional ford rep was there talking with the owner when i delivered the notification of a pending suit... I got phonecall today from same rep @7:30 this morning saying it would be "taken care of properly and you will be reimbursed for your inconvience"
ford really raised the bar in their responce solution and i am genuinly satisfied with the result but i am the type to finish what i have started so the saga continues.... atleast at the dealer level... at the corperate level all things are :D:D

Way to go NMARTIN!! Sounds like dealer took you for a ride! (or lack of)
Glade it worked out!!

Dealers some times just don't care or take it to the next level.
But I can gaurantee that dealer with be checked on by Ford for service for a long time! They do care.

And I do like the info from a person who owns the problem.
I hate hearing about my buddy this and my buddy that when it comes to problems! ( as I guess every one knows):eek:

O! as for as your little note! I was not talking to you! I was talking to the PERSON (1) refuring to other problems they had no knowleage of!
They hi jacked your thread!
They needed to stay out, with unfounded problems!
Unlike yours!

I just responded to that person! So??

baja200merk
01-12-2005, 11:02 AM
npartin
glad to hear your good news!

didnt know a simple comparison would piss people off haha!!!

kevin

150aintenuff
01-12-2005, 12:21 PM
oh well... $hit happens... SSR no harm done but just have to keep everyone honest... and it will be done tomarrow :D:D:D:D:D:D

how about them I's Mys and what not... did it satisfy everybody:p:p

hhappy boating

150aintenuff
01-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Sounds like dealer took you for a ride! (or lack of)

LACK THERE OF IS RIGHT from the day i started the thread to the 5th of january..... and it still had to be towed out on the hook....BASTARDS!!!!!

rock
01-12-2005, 02:39 PM
baja200merk Ford did not pay for the tranny. I was fortunate enough to get it at $200 over dealer cost and it was installed by a certified Ford technician in my garage. What I tried to say was if it pukes again, Ford will change it, not one of my friends.
Rickracer I did not know Jasper would pay for the labor. That is good business on their part.
Rock

stokernick
01-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Don't know about other states,but here in N.Y. a simple letter to the StateAttorneyGeneral's office gives repair shops,dealers,etc their worst nightmare!!!!!!

The Big Al
01-12-2005, 06:15 PM
oh well... $hit happens... SSR no harm done but just have to keep everyone honest... and it will be done tomarrow :D:D:D:D:D:D

how about them I's Mys and what not... did it satisfy everybody:p:p

hhappy boating

Well, keeping me straigt would be a challange!:D

Thanks Al:)

150aintenuff
01-13-2005, 01:43 PM
the saga continues.........

trans is in BUT now saying radiator is clogged...... NOT!!!!!! so bought 26K GVW trans cooler with electricfan for 60.00 to bypass fords BS system.... to end it and get truck back on road. sure beats 702.98 for new radiator....

150aintenuff
01-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Well, keeping me straigt would be a challange!:D

Thanks Al:)

do I get points for tryin??????:p:p:p

Rickracer
01-13-2005, 06:26 PM
.... a filter kit that installs inline in the trans cooler line. I'm sure there are aftermarket versions as well. :cool: It might not be a bad idea to put one in.

The Big Al
01-13-2005, 08:13 PM
.... a filter kit that installs inline in the trans cooler line. I'm sure there are aftermarket versions as well. :cool: It might not be a bad idea to put one in.

Rick?
I think I'm correct! But Jasper requires the filter and a new cooler!
Correct?

I know he doesn't have a Jasper. just think they have a better idea!

Al

Rickracer
01-13-2005, 08:52 PM
...almost. Jasper at minimum requires the cooler to be flushed, at least in some circumstances, and they sell a flush kit for the purpose. I have an A/C flush kit that I use for that purpose. It holds about a quart and a half of solvent. I use either A/C flush or brakleen. Laquer thinner should work OK too. If that factory cooler is plugged???, it may be able to be flushed out, but I'd still run the aftermarket cooler in series with it, and add a filter, changing the filter after the first hundered miles of operation.

150aintenuff
01-14-2005, 01:24 AM
filters installed as they come with one from ford with reman, also new cooler infront of radiator is installed as well as full flush of system... I bought a new B&M RACING Trans cooler with electric fan that is 3 times the size of the factory secondary cooler so even bypassing the radiator tank isnt an issue...

got truck back and it runs great and actually has a solid feel.

now to put my little secret back in....Powerpack+6gun and Banks Brake... it is Horid guttless without it.....

It is however definatly more solid than the last one even without the added parts... 1st gear justs locks and goes, minimal slip, second gear same way.. solid shift to third, instant TC lockup, OD shift is firm for factory so i think we are good:)

also final bill $0.00 from ford, 59.99 from Shucks Auto Parts and 2.95 for a carls JR sandwich

not to bad for a 2600.00 repair.

Rickracer
01-14-2005, 08:23 PM
You go boy!!!! Good luck with it. :cool:

150aintenuff
01-15-2005, 02:35 PM
You go boy!!!! Good luck with it. :cool:

Took truck in to repair dealer and you should have seen their faces when they saw the new trans cooler... it is the same size as the A/C condenser.. with 2 electric fans on it. I went to my stash of extras and found 2 old temp gauges and installed 1 on hotside of trans lines right in the output for lines and the second one just before going back in to tranny and the temp difference was over 100* 180 on hot side and less than 100 on input side, used a glass and drained some out and used household thermometer... 75* with outside temp of 29* so i think there is enough cooling.... may be to much as with the Electric fans running I cant get any engine heat now..... or atleast not enough to defrost the 1/2" of ice that was on the windows thismorning. I will be putting them on a toggle or thermostat as soon as the weather warms up as no garrage it gets a little chilly in freezing rain.. :D :D :D

AwesomeBullet
02-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Rick, Jasper now says to install an external tranny cooler and bypass the existing in raditator cooler. They ship a new cooler and new, metal braided, larger transmission hoses too on some models (mostly Fords)....But we were told that flushing is no longer good enough for their standards. ;)

150aintenuff
02-13-2005, 02:56 AM
gues that im not the only one who think the factory cooling SUX and isnt adiquate for them tranys.

Bill Schwab
04-15-2006, 04:51 PM
You got lucky. The last F-450 we got rid of (and last rubber band drive transmission truck we will ever own) went through 4 trannies in 52,000 miles. Down time cost us what a new truck would be.

Aside from everything else posted on Ford coolers, the geniouses at Ford designed the transmission (E4OD, 4R100, and the newest rubber band drive the Torqueshift) so when you are in reverse, the trannies do not flow oil through the cooler. So, back up under load, like we do all the time, and you cook the oil, push the front seal out of the tranny and scatter the pump when you put the truck back in forward speed gears.

Rigth after we got rid of the last one the Ford fleet manager called and asked me if he could do anything for me (meaning can he sell me a truck)

My reply was as a matter of fact he could. I told him to place an E4OD input shaft on his desk chair, drop his drawers and sit down real fast.

Needless to say he has not called back in a year.

chynewalkr
04-15-2006, 05:03 PM
If you guys want to talk to someone who knows ford transmissions, talk to Gregg Evans at Factory Tech.

dspencer
05-04-2006, 08:36 PM
now to put my little secret back in....Powerpack+6gun and Banks Brake... it is Horid guttless without it.....

Is this a horsepower mod? I read through this whole thread and didn't know that you were cheating Ford for their transmission. You rant about the Banks part but say nothing about you horsepower mods? You should have paid to have another transmission put in and not made this thread. You should go by the the saying "you are your own warranty station" and pay for your broken parts if you mod your truck.

Did I miss something or was this whole post about 150 cheating Ford.

150aintenuff
05-05-2006, 12:39 AM
no it was the fact that the trans was installed the first time WITH the kit installed, they squacked about it after the first one failed due to a dealer instalation problem, which caused a trans cooler failure that caused a front seal failure on a brand new transmission that carried a 3 year 36K mile warranty. they knew the truck was modified before and still offered the warranty.. then tried to use the fact that it was modified to void the warranty... and I refuse to use that particular dealer and had to sue them to cover their mess, a fellow dealer in the area replaced the faulty trans about 24K ago and all is fine... as a matter of fact ive broken 4 sets of axle retaining bolts on the rear axle due to torque loading and also twisted a 10.5" full floater 35 spline axle shaft in half.... and the trans holds up perfectlly.. most temp ive seen was towing a 72' long 14' wide mobile home and it was 210* before cooler and 140 after with both fans runing ans i still have ZERO heat through the motor due to the fans even after placing them on a thermostatic switch motor never runs over 155.. which is where the thermostat just cracks open... the truck now has 254K went from 35's up to 39's still has factory gears(3.55) and with the banks, exhaust, six gun tuner and everything else ive done the 7" taller tire over stock isnt even noticed, allthough it doesnt have the acceleration it did when it was stock height.. it still runs better than bone stock factory.. the only nice thing i have to say about 39's with 3.55's is highway rpm..... 12-1400 at 70..... truck would get 18+ if i didnt have a pressure sensor that i cant reach on the back of the fuel rail that leaks.... i lose about 4 mpg due to diesel dripping out the return line... and havent had the time to let the truck shut down and get fixed..... but high fuel prices and the fact the truck is starting to get a bit tired i ay be going back to stock, sellig the chip, and removing the 7" lift... the truck got 22+ that way.. the key to making a e4od live is keep it ice cold... run lucas additive that allows the oil to stay on the parts when in reverse to avoid heat build up, and to either electronically or mechanically raise the line pressure to avoid the soft shift and slipping of the bands...

dspencer
05-05-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm not an expert so don't get me wrong. I don't know everything.......however I am talking about the powerpack and sixgun. You say that ford offered you a transmission with that warranty with those mods? I used to read a good deal about Fords, Chevies, and Dodges and have never ever ever heard of the manufacturer honoring a engine or transmission warranty with the horsepower mods you are claiming.

I'm not trying to say you are lying but you never mentioned THESE horsepower mods until the end of your thread. You also implied they were a "secret".

I'm sure your lawsuit you brought against Ford included the secret horsepower mods. I just read too many times where they were not honoring warranties with the mods you have, especially if the manufacturer was involved.

150aintenuff
05-06-2006, 10:16 PM
didnt sue ford, they wer honoring it because the dealer who installed it the first time failed to make note that their was HP modds done so by law in my state they were required to honor it... ford whined but covered it due to the dealers error, i had to sue the dealer its self to regain possession of my vehicle and not have to pay their clamed time in labor charges to diagnose a trans that when you dumbed fluid in it it pumped it immediatly out of the inspection plate around the flexplate.. they tried to say it was an 8hr period of time and i refuesd to pay it so legal issues had to be drawn up to reaccuire the vehicle, thats all... not a ford motor COMPANY problem,, local dealer problem only..... moved to next dealer, ford rep from factrory looked at truch and said we dont normally do this because your vehicle is modified, not only in HP but in height as well... but because the dealer screwed up the first time and didnt make note that it was modified before hand... they would cover their mistake and honor the remainder of the warranty.. and it is running flawless. my bitch that started this whole thred was that the original installing dealer tried to claim that the warranty was void due to the fact that there was a kit installed after instalation of the trans... to bad the transcommand was dirtier than the new trans.... proving it was there before the install... that is why the parts were deemed as secret..... also i was thouroly informed that if there was a next time and i did have to buy another trans that it would not be covered under anything... if it does ever fail again i will install a NVG 5600 6 spd... and ditch the bandy band crap.. i never wanted an automatic in the first place but when i bought the truck in 2000 there was only 1 extcab f250 with that motor, options package in a deacent color package (all DARK GREEN) in my price range.. 5 days after i bought it i got called on a dark blue identical truck with a 5 speed but couldnt get out of the green truck i have to get the blue one with out paying out about 5 K in rolled over negitive equity from my blown up 1998 nissan i traded in. that nissan will be the last import ill ever own.... it was crap... more so than the trannys in a ford.

expensive as hell to drive... but running great none the less..

dspencer
05-07-2006, 02:53 PM
I went back and read the thread and it seems like la la land to me but whatever. I have never heard of Ford wanting to replace a hot rodded truck transmission.

If you want to keep you transmission alive longer than the stocker, there are some reputable high performance transmission shops around.

http://www.brianstruckshop.com/ Brians seems to be the one most used on the Dieselstop.

At least that will keep the "Dodge transmission in a Ford" digs away. Good luck.

150aintenuff
05-11-2006, 04:27 AM
go look back up inaround 1-24-2005.... the trans WAS replaced UNDER WARRANTY over a year ago... 25K miles to be exact.. its fine, havent had any problems with it.. if it croaks again ill get a new truck and that is IF.. and frankly i dont really care if i did have a dodge trans in a ford, i have a dodge steering box, AC unit, Power break booster, and steering linkage in my 1968.. all were direct boltins ( ie same exact parts that came out of it originally that were more expensive at that particular time.. ) so what... also since when did dodge build the NEW VENTURE GEARING 5600... or when did ford build the ZF 5, what about this.. i have a dana 60 front under my f250 yes its a 60 and not the TTB 50.so dont even start that discussion.. .... did dodge build that to because their trucks use the dana 60 as well... what about chevy, they used it as well.... also it sould be noted that te original (not the one regaurding in the post) lasted 205K..... with all the parts i added..