PDA

View Full Version : good camera?

montiboats24
12-28-2004, 03:41 AM
does anyone know of a good camera that has good zoom and can take very quick pictures? but still is perty cheap?

inspectorlance
12-28-2004, 03:57 AM
Good question. I am wondering what feature on a digital camer lets you get the good shots of a fast moving boat ??

I have a good quality camera, I just barely know how to use it ? or havent read the big book on it yet.

Lance

Scream And Fly
12-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Nikon Coolpix 5700, 8700, or 8800. There is no other.

inspectorlance
12-29-2004, 05:05 PM
What feature on a digital camera lets you get the good shots of a fast moving boat ??

Lance

Scream And Fly
12-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Lance, that 'feature' has less to do with the camera and more to do with the photographer. That said, an SLR is a much faster focusing camera than any point-and-shoot. But that doesn't mean you can't get good shots with a p-a-s camera - I use both, and understanding the limitations of the camera and working well within them is the key to getting good photos. Too often people stress camera features they will never use rather than focusing on their own photography skill (no pun intended).

I'm actually going to featuring an article on basic photography for events, etc. I thought some members might find it useful.

Greg