PDA

View Full Version : Deck with hard-wired remote???

225ho
12-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Hey folks,

I've been looking up and down on the net for a head unit that will accept or has a hard wired remote. I plan to mount the deck in a water tight compartment and listen to mainly CD's and XM radio via XM antena on the rear of the boat. I need a unit that has a hard wired remote for basic power and volume controls and such but can't find this anywhere.

Thanks for the help,

Brandon

dma251
09-11-2005, 06:26 AM
I know that Clarion makes wired remotes for their M455 and CMD4 models, Jensen offers them for the MCD6115, JBL and Polyplanar make them also. I think if you look around at the marine stores like West Marine and Boater'sworld you will find what you need.

Good Luck.

hsbob
10-21-2005, 02:51 PM
you maybe able to use an infrared unit. there are cabinet pass threws the have a small button to recieve the ir control pulses and re brocast them next to the head unit. try the wood working stores or

http://www.smarthome.com/8225p.html it $100 but i've seen them some were for arround $50. crutchfield may have them also.

150aintenuff
12-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Most of the wired remote systems are either Jensen, or Clarion with a few JVC units.. most units with the remote feature arent that good, over priced, and arent knowwn for longevity... keep that in mind

jmc
01-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Sony also has a wired remote that works with most of their units.

http://www.savinglots.com/caraudio3.asp?subcat=Accessories&subcat3=marine

Riverman
01-05-2006, 01:27 PM
I think the head unit is going to go the way of the dodo. I like the idea of just amps and speakers with an Ipod dock. I have yet to see something like that though.

Hottrucks
01-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Check out some of the Hot rod sites it's common to have a good? deck hidden somewhere (trunk) and retain the stock radio in the dash for the OEM look they have to have.. I ran into this also with my 32 Ford and had a remote unit it wasn't great but was better than nothing..

I guess the real question is whats wrong with your dash they sell boxes with covers just for boats with any luck the water line won't get that high???? you could always glass something under the deck also