PDA

View Full Version : Screen names!

ramher
12-14-2004, 07:07 AM
I bet we only have 2,000 people on this board, not the 10,000 plus. Why because every time Greg does a up grade , things are screwed up. this is my third screen name just this week. I've e mailed the webmaster twice, no answer, so every time I come back It's a new name. I don't get it.:mad: I guess it looks good to have sooooooooooooo many members.

Spd-Kilz
12-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Before you went on your spaze attack, did you not read all the "Important Messages" Greg the administrator mentioned to do? One was that the site was under upgrades and would take a few days to be back to normal, and seconly, people were having problems logging in; so to resolve this problem there is a thread that tells you to clear all your Cookies, that fixed the problem you have for quite a few people. Check it out and I think you should appologize for such a harse message. Now for the email, are you even sure you are typing it in correctly. To add on top of that, Greg is extremely busy with the upgrades, so he often does not have this type to respond to emails and such. If you really want to get ahold of him, send him a Private Message.

Raceman
12-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Actually multiple screen names are a violation of the rule of this website and are vigorously monitored, although there has been a distraction with all the work involved in the upgrade. I assure you there are VERY FEW multi name users. It's a shame that you'd feel the need for such a negative post when the guy doin' most of the work around here is putting in 18 hr days (some longer) to get the upgrade done.

As far as the log in problems, did you clear your cookies as several posts and announcements have instructed? If so, and if you've written down your password there's no reason for difficulty logging in even if your computer isn't remembering your password.

As a side comment, this kinda stuff belongs in the lounge, since it isn't boat related. The work load around here is overwhelming Greg right now, and it's obvious that he doesn't have time to answer every E mail right now. Give it a little time and it'll all get straightened out.

Spd-Kilz
12-14-2004, 07:18 AM
I beat ya too it Raceman ;) I'm young and quick.

1BadAction
12-14-2004, 07:26 AM
Seems like a Troll trying to stirr up S... I doubt this is legit.

ok put it this way, what is your regular name?

Dukeofchippewa
12-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Before you went on your spaze attack, did you not read all the "Important Messages" Greg the administrator mentioned to do? One was that the site was under upgrades and would take a few days to be back to normal, and seconly, people were having problems logging in; so to resolve this problem there is a thread that tells you to clear all your Cookies, that fixed the problem you have for quite a few people. Check it out and I think you should appologize for such a harse message. Now for the email, are you even sure you are typing it in correctly. To add on top of that, Greg is extremely busy with the upgrades, so he often does not have this type to respond to emails and such. If you really want to get ahold of him, send him a Private Message.
should be given for harsh or nasty messages.......

Fish
12-14-2004, 09:24 AM
I have been through a few upgrades and have not had any problems, but then again, I am capable of dressing myself and not blaming others if I cannot figure out how to do something.

PhastBoat
12-14-2004, 09:26 AM
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2

stokernick
12-14-2004, 09:30 AM
don`t hold it in,Sam,let it out!!

rottenbrock
12-14-2004, 09:37 AM
I have been through a few upgrades and have not had any problems, but then again, I am capable of dressing myself and not blaming others if I cannot figure out how to do something.
:p :p

Thats funny. Hey Jody have you got the stv goin yet ? Me Johnboy and WOT went out sunday . Had a good time until WOT hit a big piece of wood cruisin the flats on the east side of Ft. Desoto by Shell Island .

luvgoing fast
12-14-2004, 09:40 AM
second post and you already bashing what i think is the best powerboat website on the internet. Learn how to use a computer and read SH** that Greg sends u when u sign up and that stuff wont happen.

Fish
12-14-2004, 09:55 AM
:p :p

Thats funny. Hey Jody have you got the stv goin yet ? Me Johnboy and WOT went out sunday . Had a good time until WOT hit a big piece of wood cruisin the flats on the east side of Ft. Desoto by Shell Island .

Hey Bob, parts are starting to come in but I think the holidays shipping rush is slowing them a little. Solid motor mounts arrived Monday, Jack plate should be here this week with a few other things. Hopefully all will be here before the weekend, can take it apart and get it back together and on the water by sunday.

Bummer about WOT, I hope it is not serious. The waiting is killing me, but I will definitely give you a ring as soon as I can get back on the water.

Raceman
12-14-2004, 11:21 AM
"I beat ya too it Raceman I'm young and quick."

Yep, it's a good thing gun fightin' died with the old west. I'd be in trouble around here.

Scream And Fly
12-14-2004, 11:26 AM
ramher - I received one single e-mail from you, and the text was as follows:

"What is going on?"

Doesn't give me much to work with, does it? If you have a specific problem, just let me know what it is, and I'll take care of it. If you're having trouble with your password, let me know and I'll reset it for you or email you a link so you can reset it yourself.

Remember, the forum upgrades are designed to provide you with added features so this free site is of better service to you. It's a lot of work, and believe me, database upgrades are never fun.

Greg

stokernick
12-14-2004, 11:41 AM
no pill for dumass

rock
12-14-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm one of the computer illiterates on this site and I have learned to navigate this new setup allready. Great job. 1 out of 10,000 ain't bad.
Rock

Dukeofchippewa
12-14-2004, 11:50 AM
ramher - I received one single e-mail from you, and the text was as follows:

"What is going on?"

Doesn't give me much to work with, does it? If you have a specific problem, just let me know what it is, and I'll take care of it. If you're having trouble with your password, let me know and I'll reset it for you or email you a link so you can reset it yourself.

Remember, the forum upgrades are designed to provide you with added features so this free site is of better service to you. It's a lot of work, and believe me, database upgrades are never fun.

Greg
As slow as I am I found my way around 99% of it.