PDA

View Full Version : Satalite Radio

Dd24skater
12-04-2004, 07:13 AM
I have been giving XM radio some thought and wondered if anyone else can give me any feedback on it?

EJP71
12-04-2004, 07:58 AM
I used to think who would want to pay for it and then I bought a 04 dually and it was standard equipment. They gave me the first three months free. I figured after that was up I wouldn't renew it. It only took a short time for me to decide I would never do without it. I work offshore and even added a couple of them aboard our boat. When my new boat is ready at the end of the month you can be sure it will be in it as well.:D Eric

Bruster
12-04-2004, 08:13 AM
Sirius. Wouldn't be without it. I never listen to radio anymore. Listened to a 10 minute version of Suzy-Q yesterday. There is a lot more content, pro and college football, hockey, basketball, Fox News etc. and if you are a Howard Stern fan, he has a contract with Sirius.
This should start the argumet that regular radio is free, why would anyone pay for it!
Sattelite radio will be standard equipment on most new cars in a few years. That's how big it is. The stock has been making a lot of people really rich too!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BLUElixir
12-04-2004, 08:16 AM
After installing it in my car over a year ago, I can't do without it. The variety of music is amazing (especially for my area of the country) and the reception never fades in and out. I have XM but I have heard others rave about Sirius as well. Without a doubt, GO FOR IT!

Terk makes marine antennas if this is for a boat.

BLUElixir
12-04-2004, 08:20 AM
For XM; if you have one person in your family who has an account, they will pay $9.95 per month but everytime you add another receiver to that account its something like $7.95 per month (instead of full price).

I'm not sure about Sirius but its probably the similar.

LakeTrash
12-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Nothing like being in no mans land at 3 am and having 100+ channels of crystal clear radio.

Much better than the old choices - a preacher trying to save me or that guy talking to folks who have all been to the mother ship.

LT

The Big Al
12-04-2004, 09:29 PM
I have been an Xm Listener from the first year. I have 5 units.
The price is 9.95 per month and u can add unit for 6.95 per month.
they also have yearly pricing.

The best thing about xm, NASCAR channel, CNN and ESPN.
Also if you buy a complete system, (ALPINE) that has the info screen and has a lot more info.
Xm is always having special channels and event's also.
In the last 3 years i have listens to the world series, Superbowl and can recieve all of the NASCAR races and NASCAR shows.

Wife likes the jazz channels a sesonal channels like now they have a X-mas miusic channell only.

go to www.xmradio.com

thanks Al

NOTE: XM is already available on GM, BWW & Dodge. XM also has the fastest and largest customer base. Xm is partners with KENWOOD,ALPINE, DELPHI And SONY!!!

go to both sites and look at lineup and price!
www.sirius.com
www.xmradio.com

The Big Al
12-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by LakeTrash
Nothing like being in no mans land at 3 am and having 100+ channels of crystal clear radio.

Much better than the old choices - a preacher trying to save me or that guy talking to folks who have all been to the mother ship.

LT

yea I miss that late night adds.
"ARE YOU UP LATE BECAUSE OF MONEY PROPBLEMS, IF SO GIVE ME A CALL."

Bruster
12-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. is a provider of satellite radio service, offering over 100 Streams to subscribers throughout the continental United States, including 61 streams of commercial-free music and over 40 streams of news, sports, talk, entertainment, traffic, weather and children's programming. The Company's 61 original streams of commercial-free music are produced at its national broadcast studio in New York City, and cover most genres of music. Its non-music streams include programming from CNN, ESPN, NPR, FOX News, The Weather Channel and traffic for America's top 20 markets from Westwood One, a provider of traffic reports. Sirius is also a satellite radio provider of live sports programming, featuring up to 40 National Hockey League and National Basketball Association games each week, and has agreed to broadcast all National Football League (NFL) games and become the Official Satellite Radio Partner of NFL.

I think I saw BMW and Dodge on that list.....

WWW.sirius.com

SIRIUS PARTNERS (http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1019257316845)

The Big Al
12-04-2004, 09:54 PM
you talking to me ?
That's SIRIUS?

Bruster
12-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by SSRENGINE
you talking to me ?
That's SIRUS?

Oh!, thats right, you're from down south and you just talking funny. Raceman talks like that sometimes too!;)

The Big Al
12-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Bruce Hazekamp
Oh!, thats right, you're from down south and you just talking funny. Raceman talks like that sometimes too!;)

Bruce!
You need to go to the XM site for some education!

And why do you want to agrue over Satilite Radio!!!
The man ask for some imput, I had some and I am a user!!
So, take your frozen Yankee Brain and get some knowlage.
That will help take the freeze out!

Man my car faster than yours.
Man fan blows more air than yours.
My Johnson is bigger than that!!
My radio is louder than yours!
No we want talk about who has the better boat, or car or truck. How dare we!!

Man this site is full of children!

Bruster
12-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Bruce!

Who's arguing? Just the facts.....
I just happen to know a little about XM and Sirius, and figured most everyone wanted ACCURATE information. Damn, you can't even spell the word, and you claim to be in the know?:confused:

You need to go to the XM site for some education!

And why do you want to agrue over Satilite Radio!!!
The man ask for some imput, I had some and I am a user!!
So, take your frozen Yankee Brain and get some knowlage.
That will help take the freeze out!

Man my car faster than yours.
Man fan blows more air than yours.
My Johnson is bigger than that!!
My radio is louder than yours!
No we want talk about who has the better boat, or car or truck. How dare we!!

Man this site is full of children!

The Big Al
12-04-2004, 11:24 PM
I rest my case!
Your Brain is frozen!

Bruster
12-05-2004, 11:18 AM
I rest my case!
Your Brain is frozen!

Case, you have no case....

No, it's not frozen, just cold and calculating, and you my friend have been in the sun way to long. :o

All anyone wants here is just good, accurate, information.

The Big Al
12-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Mr. Bruce let's dance!!

What info about XM is not correct?

AND YES!! I STAY IN THE SUN!!!

:cool:

175checkmate
12-17-2004, 08:48 AM
I bought and installed the XM system about 8 months ago. All I can say is I am not sure how I lived with out it. I live right next to BFE. Radio stations where a major problem as there where only 3 to pick from.
I bought the XM Rodie, small and compact, easy to use. Came with the tape deck adapter and the FM modulator.
$129 for the unit
$7.95 per month for the service

JustMercMe
01-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I love it......And I haven't had Howard Stern for a couple of years now. It will be great when he gets on Sirius. I'm trying to find the best way to put it in the Mirage now. I just love the selection of stations and how DJ's are uncensored. BAD ASS!

Tango
02-24-2005, 08:17 PM
I did a bunch of research before deciding on the Sirius Sat Radio. I ended up buying the "Sportster" version from Best buy and got it on sale for $117.00 with the car mount kit.

There are several different ways you can get the receiver setup in your car. One is to wire it to an auxillary input. Most aftermarket stereos have this. You can plug your Sportster right in. If you do not have an Aux input, then you just tune to 88.1 and listen in perfectly clear audio. Here's the really cool part... the FM transmitter is built into the Sat antenna so its pretty strong and very clear. If I have the Sportster on in the car, in the driveway, my stereo in the house picks up the signal and plays it throughout the house. My wife and I have also driven in separate cars and I could pick up the signal from as far as four car lengths away while driving down the freeway. Needless to say I have recently bought another unit for my car.

Another bonus is that you can listen to the channels via the computer. You just log onto the Sirius website, enter your account ID and listen to the same music you were jamming to on the way to work or home.

The service starts out at $12/month and then it goes to another $7 per unit. If you pay for the entire year up front its only $80!

The Sportster unit also has an audio output level adjustment. So if you wanted to install it on your boat, the only thing you would need is an amplifier and speakers. No radio needed.

Hope this helps.