PDA

View Full Version : Outboard Wanted

EdMessmer
11-30-2004, 04:17 PM
I am looking for a Outboard "under 100 hp " that can be used on lakes in California.

Whats out there.

David_L6
11-30-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by EdMessmer
can be used on lakes in California.

:rolleyes: ;) :D

Jeff Akers
11-30-2004, 05:24 PM
David I'm LMAO :D :D

Ed,
What lakes in Cali do you want to run in?
you can still run carbed outboards in most of the lakes in the state.

You lookin for a fishin motor or somthing else?
I've got some 90 hp and 75hp E- tecs and a leftover 70 4 stroke.
Send me an e mail if your intrested.

...Jeff Akers...

Burley1
11-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Jeff Akers
David I'm LMAO :D :D

Ed,
What lakes in Cali do you want to run in?
you can still run carbed outboards in most of the lakes in the state.

You lookin for a fishin motor or somthing else?
I've got some 90 hp and 75hp E- tecs and a leftover 70 4 stroke.
Send me an e mail if your intrested.

...Jeff Akers...

Jeff,

what kind of money is the left over 70?

Rick

mendo
12-01-2004, 12:30 AM
The only major lake in CA that outlawed 2 strokes is Tahoe.

I have not heard of any other lake that outlawed only 2 strokes, did hear of a few that outlawed motors of all types (except electric trolling motors)

DarthVMAX
12-01-2004, 01:13 PM
Evinrude 90 ETEC
(look-up mid-sized ETEC you will se the specs and performance reports {impressive!})

http://www.evinrude.com/en-US :cool:

Backfire
12-02-2004, 12:56 AM
mendo Since some of the patrol boats on Tahoe are powered by the cleanest outboard, Evinrude, that would make your statement-wrong. If you check, DFI 2 strokes are allowed anywhere a motor is allowed , they even let 4 strokes play. There are a few limited areas in the state that no motor is allowed. Evinrude E-TEC's 2005 under 100 hp includes 40, 50, 60, 75, and 90 hp.
Backfire ;)

150aintenuff
12-10-2004, 03:57 AM
THe MAIN reason that cali has the emmission laws it has on boats was developed to limit the Jetski population.... it was started by people aroungd lake tahoe because of the noise and smoke.... not because the engines wernt safe for fish and other marinelife, but because millionaires couldnt sleep past 630 am... the easiest way to get lake tahoe back was to pass a law ststing that lake tahoe was a clean and prestine lake and should be protected... and guess what... two srtokes got quieter, less smoky( still not sure they are actually cleaner...)and best of all IT shut down the Performance shops that wernt a " racig shop".... so that the enforcement boats could catch the drunks riding jetskies.... (sorry for sterio type) the oneplace that a police officer can be outran is tahoe... lots of places to hide if you have faster boat. make it emmission motors only and gee... no more worries of 280's 300's and other hipo motors doin circles around their 150's...

that is how i heard it from friend who boats on tahoe every year... and he is not hapy about repowering his skiboat either...