PDA

View Full Version : kodak dx4530

bulldogdaddy
11-27-2004, 05:27 PM
well michelle just got me one of these for my b-day and seems pretty neet!
now does anyone have one of these cams cuz i'm not the best at understanding the manuals on them,lol
also got a 128 chip for it also.
i like the docking station that you just touch the button and it d/l right to the puter.
any tips on anything would be appriciated

sho305
11-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Make a habit of trashing your bad/unwanted pics. Otherwise after a while you got a bazillion of them....and the problem is finding anything when you have so many, or taking a long time to sort them out. So start by putting them in select folders per subject or date/etc., right when you get them in the PC. Kill bad ones on the camera or when you download. That is my biggest problem, as I take a few extra if I have room and then pick the best one to use in the end.

Maybe Santa will bring me a better camera....but he just got me a better video card in the PC, so maybe not. The prices came down some I see.

You will have to figure out how to manipulate resolution and size, and file types of pics for what you need to do with them. For example my crappy 1.3mp takes too good/big a pic for posting here, but not good enough to enlarge and print nicely...if you didn't know all that already.

bulldogdaddy
11-27-2004, 06:52 PM
yea,she got it on sale at wal-mart at black fri.,5 meg for $198:eek:
i'm still trying to figure out how it can make a 20x30 poster sise though!

sho305
11-28-2004, 02:06 PM
I saw that ad....and I was there! Up at 5:30am and out the door but we didn't hit wallyworld. How big you print depends on your photo software and printer to do that, but you would need a high resolution photo to start with. What you can do, is set the camera to lower res for pics you use as snapshots or to post here, and higher res for important pics you might want to print larger, or blowup for a project/etc. The high res takes up a lot of memory in the camera and lots of room on the PC, depending on what you have. With my little camera I have about a gig of pics on my machine, and yours would be 5x larger or more. Mine stores in jpeg(small file), if not then files are much larger. Now hard drives are pretty cheap these days, but I have no doubt organization is my largest problem. I went through all my pics a while back and made a bunch of directories/folders for them...it took a while. You would be much further ahead to start off that way.:)