PDA

View Full Version : connecting the navman tracker to smartcraft gauges

Bed Bug
11-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Has anyone succesfully connected their Navman GPS to the Merc Smartcraft gauges? If so how did you do it?

mercmatt22
11-24-2004, 09:26 PM
never heard of it but I think I have a smartcraft class next month and I can ask. Its either december or febuary i dont remember

merklebob
01-20-2005, 05:57 PM
i think you will find it wont work. smartcraft needs nmea 2.0 or less to work. the navman's i have seen are nmea 2.2 or higher. for reference the garmin 45 and streel pilot monocrome will work correctly with smart craft. i have talked to garmin and all their gbs "mouses" do not work. i have a garmin 35 whick is used for most all gps speedos, but it does not work with smart craft.

if you find a mouse gps that works please lets us know.

my hope is,, now that mercury owns navman, it will produce a gps mouse to work with their system

bob

Bed Bug
01-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah I have not been able to get it to work. I think it is only NMEA 2.0 but no luck. The4 only other question I have now is that sine I cannot get the GPS to connect then why do I have trouble getting the speedo tp display the speed using the water tube? It works for little then drops off, I have to check the system out but so far everything is intact.

mercmatt22
01-20-2005, 09:40 PM
I was in merc class the other day and we were talking about smartcraft being gps compatable and it now is and if i remember right they said navman. Contact your local dealer and they can tell you. If they dont know off hand tech services is just a phone call away.i will be back in class the 2nd and 3rd of next month E-mail me at mercmatt19@cs.com and remind me to ask.