PDA

View Full Version : St. Johns River Wheelie Video...

Scream And Fly
11-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Here it is, by Lee Dashell.

Right-Click and choose "Save Target As..." (http://www.screamandfly.com/video/st.johns_2004/st.johns_2004.wmv)

I think the footage is great and so is the editing, but I'm going to inject a comment here.

It appears as if nobody is wearing any safety gear at all - this is a concern especially since the boats depicted are being operated in a very unsafe and unpredictable manner. I hope this isn't the kind of boating we want to promote.

Well, I'll keep it simple: We'll be at the Speed Shootout (and other events), but the rule for us is, "no safety gear, no photos or video."

Greg

Tom Foley
11-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Lee , Parker , Dave !!! Wow !! I saw this video Sat night , but great stuff !! We headed back to the ramp after Michael broke and didn't see this live ! Tom .:D :D :D :D I always wear my jacket !

Corona Mike
11-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Greg, You are correct. At the Top Speed shoot-out, Rob has already let EVERYONE know--no LIFELINE no radar,gps,recorded speed. Thanks Greg. Mike T.

WOT RACING
11-18-2004, 07:48 PM
THIS FILE IS HUGE!!!!!!!

Im typing this while I wait for the file to download.....

I cant wait Im getting so fired up to see this thing.

Lee, Thank you so much for coming down and hanging out with us. I know that it took a lot of time just to share this kind of professional work. We are so lucky that there are good people out there like you and Jason that are willing to work even while having fun!!!! I hope you guys can come kick the chit with us over on the Suwannee in March......

David

Hot Shot Merc
11-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Thats Parker at his best and WOT,not bad for a rooky outboard guy:p .I have to agree with Greg totaly about the safety gear or lack there of.I have been known to run over 100 mph quite a few times without my Lifeline so for me to preach about it would suprize some of you however I think when promoting hot boating on a web site such as this,I feel that Greg's comments couldnt have been more accurate.That is very dangerous and I even saw a few times where there was what appered to be a beer or a mixed drink in someones hand while in a high speed wheelie.I know you guy's where having fun but its time to think about how wreckless that actualy was.I'm sure the locals arent makeing any plans to welcome you back.:eek: Like Mike said before,We will enforce this issue to the fullest at the Top Speed Challenge.No Lifline=No speed pass's.Parker,you are definetly the wheelie king.But If I have to buy you a Lifline myself I will.Wake up man!;)

mr fun
11-18-2004, 08:10 PM
nice work from all angles, espically the cinamatogratophy (sp?) osprey, damn fine job! apollo until now is the only other person i've seen do as well. hats off to all our contributors in this creative art form. i hate missing being there as i'm in project mode but hopefully we'll be a part of the next one, if not just cooking! WOT you get the "rookie of the year" nominee from the fun one, (cerntianly no rookie talent) just remember them babies. fun out :cool:

Ospreyproduction
11-18-2004, 08:20 PM
You gotta admit.... it sure is fun to watch!!!

BIG NEWS...Tom Foley RC Hydro boats should be coming by the end of the day tomorrow. Let me tell ya, thats some cool video. We have a shoot in the morning and we gotta do all this stuff on the side. It's nothing real fancy because it ties up a $200 per hour edit bay. Gotta get in and get out. Hope everyone enjoys!!

Not gonna make it to the Swannie River Trip March 4,5,and 6 because my wonderfull wife bought us tickets to see the Eagles "Farewell Tour". Oh I'll be telling them farewell alright!!! I thought that they already said farewell about 6 or 7 years ago. How'd I get caught up in this again???

STV Dreamer
11-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Cool vid. clip and some awesome wheelie action. Thats nuts....but cool.

Hot Shot Merc
11-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Your kidding rite?The Eagles over the speed run at the Suwannee??There's plenty of time till then,tell the Eagles to change the dates of the tour:eek: .I would have to get a new wife If I was in your shoes:D

Dinomite
11-18-2004, 08:34 PM
Lee Dashell great work! EXCELLENT Video.

Parker you are the king! Laughing.. You are really good!

Greg, thanks for the show, everyone here at work is watching the video now.

Dean

PARKER RABE
11-18-2004, 08:40 PM
lee u gotta be kidding me ....!!!!! u not going ? cancel that chit

Capt.Doug Metko
11-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Great video Lee! Can't wait for more...You need a body double for March!
Doug

Ospreyproduction
11-18-2004, 08:48 PM
I'll have to do another Swannie trip in MAY.

Call it the SwanniePalooza MAYFEST.

I just started somthing!

Corona Mike
11-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Lee, how long does it take to listen to a bunch of old people sing? If it makes you feel that good, I'll sing to you when you get here:D :D Just get plane tickets to the closest airport for you and the wife, and I'll come pick you all up. Mike T.

BLUElixir
11-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks alot!

PARKER RABE
11-18-2004, 09:46 PM
guys i would of worn my vest if i thought i was in danger , when i do my serious wheelies i wear it , that ws just small stuff !:eek:

Hot Shot Merc
11-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Your allway's in Danger.I think you need to wear a helmut just walking around:eek: There called accidents.No body thinks there in danger when they have accidents.If you flipped or hooked and rolled even at slow speed,do you think that there is no chance that you could hit your head and get knocked out?Without a jacket and being unconcious you will sink to the bottum and dround.Just trying to make a point.There is no law against driving a high performance boat in a wreckless manor without a life jacket.Its common sence.I love you man and dont want to see ya get hurt or worse.:) Rob

PARKER RABE
11-18-2004, 09:59 PM
u guys !!!! u cant see it but i had a ski belt on ! serious ....u really think i would do that with no way to float !:confused:

ps...... rob i love u too :D

Hot Shot Merc
11-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Like a brother ;)

WOT RACING
11-18-2004, 10:04 PM
I was still wearing my sons floatys and I also had one of them rubber duckies around the waist!!!! I have worn them for years and dont want to take them off even in the bathtub:eek: ......

My wife just up'd my life insurance policy right after she called me an idiot. I told her Im only a Rookie now wait til next year:eek: :eek:

LEE FORGET THE EAGLES!!!! ILL BUY YOU ANOTHER COPY OF THEIR CD AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE. YOU CAN LISTEN TO THEM ALL WEEKEND INSTEAD OF ONE NIGHT!!!!

Fish
11-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by WOT RACING

LEE FORGET THE EAGLES!!!! ILL BUY YOU ANOTHER COPY OF THEIR CD AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE. YOU CAN LISTEN TO THEM ALL WEEKEND INSTEAD OF ONE NIGHT!!!!
WOT, I think the eagles are only available in 8-track LOL

Seriously, Lee's wife bought these things 4 MONTHS IN ADVANCE, do ya think it is important to her????? Anyone doing anything right now 4 months in advance????

blkmtrfan
11-19-2004, 12:16 AM
That video was awsome, one question why hasn't Parker flipped that thing yet :eek:

PARKER RABE
11-19-2004, 12:46 AM
i will if u want !

Trikki1010
11-19-2004, 12:54 AM
Anyone doing anything right now 4 months in advance????

Sure, nice for ya Florida guys. We up north folk ain't got nothin' but the next 4 months:D

THANK GOD FOR VIDEOS

Parker, if ya don't wear a life vest, that swelled head ought to keep ya afloat:eek: :eek:

Ya dance that right nice tho':cool:

MODVP22
11-19-2004, 03:30 AM
Gee Parker, for someone who went through the side of a boat once...come on now..that steering wheel is awful rigid, just like Randy at GPI said on monster nation. Don't become one of my customers Parker

MODVP22
11-19-2004, 03:34 AM
Ok, I just watched it. Parker stay out of my boat. I can't believe you still have a transom:p

Talon2.5
11-19-2004, 05:52 AM
i'll have to go to work early today so i can download this video, cant do it here at home

Dukeofchippewa
11-19-2004, 07:26 AM
Just sold my Lifeline & Gentex. Do they still make Gentex?

WOT RACING
11-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Seriously, Lee's wife bought these things 4 MONTHS IN ADVANCE, do ya think it is important to her????? Anyone doing anything right now 4 months in advance????

Iam planning four months in advance for something!!!!! The March Suwannee speed runs!!!!!! I already have my reservations and everything!!!!

Man O Man Skip Take a xenex before you watch this one......your nerves might be in the roof somewhere!!!! ;) :eek: I am sure you never woulda thought of this beautiful boat in such a elevated predicament......"Hope my spelling is right"

Sad thing is I had a life jacket that I brought specifically for this type of situation and it was never used:confused:
I guess I'm the dumb one...................[

PARKER RABE
11-19-2004, 10:04 AM
david - the funniest is your buddy in the back of your boat doing the motley crue sign the whole time !:)

WOT RACING
11-19-2004, 10:06 AM
LMAO!!!!! I dont know if it was because he was so drunk or so scared or so fired up>.............:eek:

He cracks me up.......

blkmtrfan
11-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by PARKER RABE
i will if u want !

No don't :eek:

WOT RACING
11-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Would I be out of line asking if we could come up with a recognition for rookie driver of the year.:D :D Can I nominate myself.....lmao:eek:

Talon2.5
11-19-2004, 12:05 PM
ive got VHS tapes of me taking it that high before ;)

dont try too hard to be like parker though son, he has alot of expertise and seat time ;)

Talon2.5
11-19-2004, 12:20 PM
oh....LEE

AWESOME JOB ON THAT!! :cool:

PARKER RABE
11-19-2004, 07:13 PM
CAN ANYONE DO SOME STILLS ON THOSE RUNS , IN THE VIDEO I THINK IM ALOT HIGHER THAN THIS

Scream And Fly
11-19-2004, 07:35 PM
I don't know guys - it looks like someone could easily have been injured or worse. Pretty scary if you ask me. All it takes is one small mistake, and your world (or someone elses) will be a much different place.

Think about it.

Greg

luvgoing fast
11-19-2004, 09:16 PM
great video. just stay safe so everyone can party after lol :D

northeastcat
11-19-2004, 09:59 PM
WOW , that is crazy. Looks awsome ! Great video.

SleeveA
11-19-2004, 10:26 PM
:confused:

PARKER RABE
11-20-2004, 09:58 AM
WHAT !!!!!, WE WORKED HARD ON THAT !:mad:

Dukeofchippewa
11-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Only time I got that high in my Ventura was not on purpose. :o

Balzy
11-20-2004, 10:34 AM
we all love the video. The editing and footage is GREAT !!!!!!!! One of the best videos I have seen done. We all love seeing ya drive the boat like that. It's insane !!!!!!!! So as you can see your hard work paid off.:D ;) :p :cool:

What we don't agree with is the lack of safety gear. Some of us bust our arses to put out a good impression of our sport and it only take a couple of the wrong people seeing a video like this and they start spreading bad crap about everyone.:( :( :mad:

Monster Nation just did a great job of promoting our sport with the thing on Randy Pierson. They did a great job wearing helmets, etc. but I personally wish they would have had their lifelines on intead of 100 MPH vests for the filming. It would have stessed the safety factor more. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The whole world can now see your video and you guys are in T-shirts. Not Good !!!!!!!!

captcarb
11-20-2004, 11:31 AM
What he said.

PARKER RABE
11-20-2004, 04:40 PM
I SEE

rmh77
11-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Scream And Fly
I don't know guys - it looks like someone could easily have been injured or worse. Pretty scary if you ask me. All it takes is one small mistake, and your world (or someone elses) will be a much different place.

Think about it.

Greg

Now i know why gregs boat never leaves the garage;)

Scream And Fly
11-20-2004, 04:54 PM
If I use my boat it will get icky.

rmh77
11-20-2004, 05:08 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fish
11-20-2004, 05:25 PM
If I use my boat it will get icky.

Toooo funny!!!:D :D

Great video and editing Lee. Park, WOT and everyone else in the video, that wuz some really cool chit!!!

blkmtrfan
11-20-2004, 05:27 PM
So Greg if you were to use your boat, what water is closer to your new home, fresh or salt, I know in LI it was mostly salt, but if fresh, it wont get too icky ;)

Trikki1010
11-20-2004, 05:39 PM
Greg's home is like a time capsule, Even Walt Disney wasn't "frozen in time" that well :eek: :eek:

Greg is actually 180 years old :rolleyes:

BUT RMH, ya do have to respect and appreciate that safety IS a concern as we are getting additionally scrutinized by people from the other side. That alone is validation to help substantiate claims.

Especially on print, it's proof positive

Trikki1010
11-20-2004, 05:40 PM
And WTF is "icky" ????? :eek: :eek:

rossi
11-20-2004, 05:48 PM
That Talon in the vid. is one sweet boat !!

Hydrostream Ventura II/Merc

Ospreyproduction
11-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Everyone needs to settle down. Startin to sound like your own mom and it doesn't do any good. I have told Greg that in the future, no life jacket...no video. Going to the extreme of saying, "no Lifeline" no video is a little overkill. If you are wearing a life jacket...coast guard approved....I'm shootin ya...and postin it.

Ospreyproduction
11-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by rossi
That Talon in the vid. is one sweet boat !!

That Talon is a piece of chit!!!! lol....lol

Scream And Fly
11-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Scott, the "icky" comment was all for you - I knew you would like that one!

I live close to both, but my house is on gulf access property, which is obviously saltwater :). I much prefer the saltwater for general outings though - I grew up around it, so I guess it's in my blood.

The river is very close by though, so I have the best of both worlds here. I doubt my boat will ever go in salt though - although it's not nearly as bad as some people think.

Greg ;)

10.5' Tunnel
11-20-2004, 06:04 PM
I doubt my boat will ever go in salt

Does it ever go in fresh:p Great video! Don't you feel bad though putting your boat through that!

Balzy
11-20-2004, 06:42 PM
their own opinion. You have yours, I have mine. That's just fine. Don't get in a tizzy about this.

Like I said in my prior post. The video itself, the editing, the driving, is all A-#1. I think the stuff you guys did with the video is incredible. It's just the image we leave. RP had a jacket on for his TV deal, and that's fine. If you read my post again, I never said they shouldn't have put it on TV if he didn’t have a Lifeline on. I just think for the people that know the sport a little bit, it would have promoted a better image. It's just my opinion and I am entitles to it just as much as you are. Now I just read it may have been an old F-1 champ boat jacket and that's just fine.

I don't care what you film or post. All I am asking is that you think about it before you put it in front of the world. I could care less if you, the people in the video, or anyone else for that matter wear a vest at all. It's your life. It's like the motorcycle helmet laws. I never agreed that the states have the right to make you wear a helmet. Or even a seat belt for that matter. It should be up to the individual. I always wear a helmet on a bike because I choose to. It should be nobody elses bussiness. It's my life and as long as I am not endangering anyone else, that should be my decision. As far as Lifelines go, I wear mine because I want to for my own safety. Anyone riding in my boat also wears a Lifeline also, but again that's my choice. What other people do doesn't matter to me on their own local water. I just have a problem when I think it will be a detriment to our sport in the long run.

Get with it, this sport is gonna die if we don't pull together to promote it as a safe respectable sport. We have enough tree huggers against us now.

Maybe it's just me but we didn't get e-mail from the sheriffs department about our Poker run at BTTW by not doing everything right. This is proof that we bust our asses to put on a good show and promote the sport we all love.

Original Message -----
To: Mbalz@charter.net
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 12:22 PM

Mike,

Deputy Gorchals and myself would like to congratulate you and your BTTW group for having a safe day of boating on the Wolf River. We were impressed with your deep concerns for all the boaters safety and the attention to detail that all the boaters had with respect to boating law. It would be our pleasure to assist you again next year in any capacity that we can.
I also would like information on how I can obtain a photo of my ride in your boat. Please forward that information to me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you again!!!

Sgt. Gerald J. Poltrock, II
Weyauwega Police Department
Waupaca County Sheriff's Department Water Patrol

Like I started out, everyone has an opinion. They are like assholes, we all have them. This is just mine.

Wow, that was a lot of typing for my two poor fingers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:eek:

WOT RACING
11-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Ohhh boy................I guess I should of had the life jacket on that was only a hands reach away.....I am sorry that me and Parker got everyone all hot and bothered.

If your refering to the Talon that was haulin a$$ and doing Wheelies with the best of them. Thanks, it is one beautiful boat. I really thought this Video woulda got better press then just people bashing our un-intelligent boating activities.......:confused:

Park I guess we will have to get a pontoon boat with Triple 280's and get it up on a wheelie while one of us cooks burgers on the front:eek: :D :eek: Then people will be very impressed.....oh we will wear Lifelines and head gear!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Balzy
11-20-2004, 06:51 PM
that I didn't intend. We posted about the same time so maybe you didn't see my last post yet but like I said. I don't care if anyone out there wears anything. It's up to the individual. It's all about the press we get out of this stuff. I and many others work way too hard to promote this sport to keep it alive for all of us to not post a reply to this thread. Sorry if you disagree.

Trikki1010
11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Balzy
Get with it, this sport is gonna die if we don't pull together to promote it as a safe respectable sport. We have enough tree huggers against us now.

Well said...........Being of the same mold, I didn't heed this until those liberties were threatened to be taken away.....

Lee, Great job, not to take away from your thread:D

Hot Shot Merc
11-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Its not "just people bashing our uninteligent driveing" That people commented on.I read a lot of post that said how cool it was and how great the editing was.I dont understand why so much defenciveness about some concerns we may have.The way yall were driving around in a populated area was pretty much what will get the hot boat scene shut down around the state.There is a time and a place for everything.Looked like a swarm of bees.Dont get me wrong guy's,I love that **** and have a fast boat too remember?I just hope everyone can control themselves a little better at the Suwannee trip.We dont need to have a bunch of locals calling the cops saying that theres a gang of Hell's boaters on the loose reaking havach all over the damn river.We can fly this one under the radar if evryone uses ther better judgment.Rob Lankford.;)

WOT RACING
11-20-2004, 07:24 PM
I agree........I will say though that there was only about 7 or 8 boats with us right there in that general area.....out of all of those boats only two of us....Me and Parker were doing wheelies and running in a organized pattern. Please understand that other then the lack of life lines, Myself and Parker were in a route that was taken the same way on each pass. We would only go one boat at a time and tried to be respectful of the distance between ourselves and the boats around us. Please dont forget the quality of the photographer and his equipment. The were certainly using there focus abilities which makes us look much closer to him then reality. I understand and respect the concern for keeping this sport alive as much as everyone else here. I and Im sure its safe to say Parker as well care deeply for the sport and more importantly the people in it.

As far as the Suwannee goes it may not be a bad idea to call the Local FWC and let them know of our plans to have this event as one of two things can occur. Either we will tip them off and have a problem or we will be able to Join with them in creating a safe and controlled enviroment. If you choose to call them I wouldnt tell them the dates of our plans unless they want to be a part of helping us keep this event as planned. It would be much better to have a patrol there to help keep the pleasure boaters and fisherman under control during our passes. It is just a thought that could help make that trip more enjoyable instead of a trip of reakless driving tickets.

Hot Shot Merc
11-20-2004, 07:32 PM
If I call them they will ask to get permits that are not given without all kinds of legal crap that will just ruin for us.The river has no speed limits and as long as we are not running side by side.There is no laws broken.If people start acting a fool then we have a problem.I will address all of this at the drivers meeting.I am in the process of talking to an attourney about this.I will figure out whats best for us after our meeting.At the RBR last year and years proir,Russ Matos has been able to bring the fish and wildlife commission to speak to all the boaters about whats allowed and what is'nt.They were very welcomeing in part of the charity bases he was there under.Bare with me I'm trying very hard to make this work out.Common sence and safety are the words for today:)

blkmtrfan
11-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Scott, the "icky" comment was all for you - I knew you would like that one!

:D I don't like it when my boat gets icky either, but I do use it, LOL

Naw the salt isnt so bad, especially of you have some fresh to run it in after

blkmtrfan
11-20-2004, 07:42 PM
I don't want to jump on the "MOM" bandwagon, I just watched it again and think it is a great video, but in there scene where Parker passes the camera boat about 20 feet off the starboard side while wheeling thru the boat wake dancing from sponson to sponson kind of scares me a little, life jacket or not if his boat landed funny and hooked to port, it would be really spooky :eek:

Balzy
11-20-2004, 08:03 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself.

WOT, I understand how the camera works and how it can look closer than you are. Believe me, we have not been perfect angels up here in the north-woods over the years. A couple years ago at BTTW we had a bunch of people making high speed passes in a legal NON slow no wake zone through the middle of the town we launched in after our poker run. Even though it was all legal, we had someone call the cops. The cops came and watched us all as we loaded up the boats. We also had one of the bars (it was supposed to be our last poker run stop) all pissed off about the noise and fast boats and wouldn't even serve a soda or a beer to our crowd. Nothing was publicizes but I am sure we didn't leave a good image. We won't do that s$%t anymore. Again, it's all about the image we portray.

Go ahead and call em !!!!!!!! (The water patrol, the fish and wildlife commission, whatever) Especially if you can do even a very small charity donation out of the whole event they will be happy to be part of it. The police and sheriff’s dept here are always more than happy to participate and help in any way they can. It's also GREAT publicity for the sport as a whole. You can't get better coverage than having the authorities involved. Read the e-mail we got from the Weyauwega Police Dept. again. I took Gerry for a 90 something MPH boat ride in the middle of the event and he loved it and wanted a picture of it !!!!!!!!!! Mike Sufka has always called the authorities before he put on a MN Hotboat event too. If you behave and ask them to be involved it should all turn out just fine. At least it always has up here.

Rob, Good luck with the Suwannee event. I wish you guys the best.

captcarb
11-20-2004, 08:09 PM
I wasn't going to comment further than agreeing with Balzy, but your statement:

It would be much better to have a patrol there to help keep the pleasure boaters and fisherman under control during our passes. needs addressing.

What makes you think you have the right to take any action on the water that would require restricting other boaters activities without having a sanctioned event. You have accidentally made a point. These events should be sanctioned, insured, and fully coordinated with local government and law enforcement.

If that does not happen there will be more laws passed and insurance will be even harder to get and more expensive. It is already happening.

How many of you tunnel boat drivers have insurance? If you do not, why not?

Jim

allisonracer
11-20-2004, 08:25 PM
I must say even though everyone has good points (for the most part) i have never seen screamandfly so divided and bickering at eachother like on this board...not like normal S&F

PARKER RABE
11-20-2004, 08:53 PM
jesus crist .......greg just take the stupid video down !!!!!!
let everybody save there comments!

Hot Shot Merc
11-20-2004, 09:03 PM
What s/f do you read?Almost every thread I click onto has people argueing and debateing like this.Thats crazy.WTF.Not that I think its ok to argue all the time but what an off the wall comment.................And to capt carb..I have been to the RBR and several other gatherings where you dont have to have all kinds of sanctions and insurance.I will be contacting the sheriffs office about this and getting them involved as WOT pointed out and as Russ Matos has done for years.They will most likely want to be invovled in some way with the Fish and Game Commision.I am doing my best to make this all work out.But one thing remains the same.We have to be respectfull and curtious to other people on the river.Nobody said we would interfere with public boat traffic.We have actually said allready that we will have boats on each end of the run with two way radios to give the all clear,not stop the flow of traffic.Remember this is not down town traffic were talkin about ,It's tha damn Suwannee river in March.There will not be many other boaters to worry about anyway.In case you havent noticed,I'm trying to make this tripp go off smoothly as possible without anything that would hinder future hot boating in Florida like some other scenes I've witnessed.

Ospreyproduction
11-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Hot Shot Merc
[B..........theres a gang of Hell's boaters on the loose reaking havach all over the damn river. [/B]

If there is, let me know so I can go party with 'em!!!
wooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Shot Merc
11-20-2004, 09:13 PM
I might have to go before the city commision in Cheifland to get the Challenge approval and the Fish and Game depertment on our side.In my presentation,Do you think I should show that video to get the backing of the Local government?I dont.Poeple are entitled to there opinion.

10.5' Tunnel
11-20-2004, 09:15 PM

Hot Shot Merc
11-20-2004, 09:20 PM
OOOH We've never seen that before:rolleyes:

Ospreyproduction
11-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Ask anyone that was at last years Toys for Tots Run and see just how helpfull the Cops were.

Gimme a break.

Hot Shot Merc
11-20-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm not here to argue with you man.The god damn toys for tots run was held in a river with ****ing speed limits.GIVE ME A BREAK!Why are you guys so in denial that thet video was so safe and good for the sport.It was very cool, nobody can deny that.I'm sure everyone ther had a great time.That doesnt change the fact that it was a bit wreckless.Thats all I saying.Not trying put you down or **** on your parade.It directley contradicts what I'm trying to do at the suwannee river.We cant have that kind of stuff there if its going to work out.

1BadAction
11-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Ospreyproduction
Ask anyone that was at last years Toys for Tots Run and see just how helpfull the Cops were.

yeah, it all depends on the cops and the area. I wonder if TFT this year will be that bad? :confused:

rob, you got a PM

captcarb
11-20-2004, 09:50 PM
I don't want to drag this out because it would probably not be productive. I'll just make a couple of comments for your consideration:

The Lake county water patrol is not happy with the actrivities accociated with the St Johns River Toys for Tots run. I have heard their comments. It was posted on here that they were not happy with the latest St Johns run. They will be present at the upcoming Toys event on the Harris chain. I think Russ notified them.

Since I live in Lake county and own a performance boat, I don't like to see trouble between the locals and the performance boat community. It's as simple as that. Some of the people that are not local don't seem to care. The speed limits on the St Johns are the result of an overreaction to the fast boats. It did not have to be that way if everyone used their heads in my opinion. Now we have to live with them.

I would encourage you to speak to the sponsors of the Rumble on the River event about their organization and rules. I was not there, but I did talk to them and I was impressed with the organization.

Jim

Hot Shot Merc
11-20-2004, 10:07 PM
It doesnt suprize me to hear what you just said.I dont want things to get worse than they allready are either.The Suwannee river where we go does not have speed limits at this time and I would love nothing more than to keep it that way.I am trying my damndest to get the rite people involved and get all the support it takes to be sucsessfull.I cant explain everything to everyone about what I am doing to make this happen.But I can tell you that It is in progress.Ultimately its up to the people who attend to behave in a monor thats conducive to future laws and approval of the sheriffs office to continue these types of gathereings.I'm doing my part to get people together and see some of the fastest boats in the country,meet these people and have a big ass party at the same time.It seems that some would rather just show up and raise hell without thinking of the consequences.This aint even close to what a race commitie goes through to have a sanctioned race but it still takes a lot of effort.I feel that if I dont take the rite channels,the **** could hit the fan and ruin it for future get togethers..........I'm going to bed,This has got me all stressed out.I'll argue with the rest of you who feel its nessacary tomorrow.Thanx Capt for the advice.

Ospreyproduction
11-20-2004, 10:10 PM
You know what, this was not a sanctioned event. It was just a group of guys out having a good time. Doing crazy chit, extreme stuff and if you don't want to do it, well then, don't.

Some people would say that the 260HP motor hangin on the back of your little boat is ....stupid.....crazy....unsafe....wreckless....should be illegal......etc......

And they have a right to their opinion.

BUT, when they start to push their opinion on you, seems like you may have a change of heart.

And you ain't pissin on my parade. It just scares me when people start telling me that I should call the police to "supervise" any activity I have on the water, or anywhere for that matter.

Ospreyproduction
11-20-2004, 10:20 PM
...............laws and approval of the sheriffs office to continue these types of gathereings.[/B]

I don't need the Sherrif to tell me if I can or cannot "gather ".

rmh77
11-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Oh yea thats what i would do tell the water cops you gonna do a speed run challenge on the river!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fish
11-21-2004, 02:30 AM
hey Parker, you just getting home too?? :D

As Rodney king said... "can't we all just get along??" LOL

Pretty much everything has been said, and said pretty well: Video and editing is awesome, driving is awesome and on the edge, safety is important, image is important and we should not f*** it up for everyone else, some cops are good some blow, greg does not like to get his boat icky. think that about sums it up.

fish

Tom Foley
11-21-2004, 06:16 AM
Very contrversial stuff !! Contacting FWC is not a good Idea , trust me . further discussion of the event is best done less publicly , in my opinion . Have fun . Tom .

Talon2.5
11-21-2004, 06:56 AM
:eek: damn

did they have life jackets on in the diamond marine video? (just wondering not trying to stir sheot)

i think the cops here in florida are harder to deal with only because theres so much boating going on in this state and they have to deal with so much on the water all year long, that to find any as cool as the group balsy had or the group at the rumble would be hard

i remember in kentucky H2Onut had a problem with fan belts when he came into carrolton and a cop pulled up and actually got his hands dirty under the hood and took him to the parts store, i have NEVER seen that happen in florida, it's an act of god to get a florida cop to change a flat for an elderly person stranded on the side of the road

i know i was impressed with the carrolton cops, they did thier job but were cool and for me to see cops like that was definately different from what i'm used to here

calling "florida" cops on yourself can only lead to paying for the policemans ball through tickets..just my opinion, been there and paid them

i guess i'll shut up now, i see points from both sides so i'm of no help, hell i'm off the water to boot so.......

good luck finding common ground

Hot Shot Merc
11-21-2004, 08:26 AM
Do you all have your head in your ass?That little bitty St Johns run was not a sanctioned event ,your rite about that.It shouldnt have been.Whatas there like twenty boats if that?How many times do I have to tell you that there are no speed limits on the Suwannee river where I'm planning on going.You cant be driveing like a bunch of ididots but you can be organized and run solo pass's without breaking any laws.The RBR is very sucsessfull each year in Palatka Florida where on the nriver north of Lake George is no speed limits.The fish and Game was brought in and gave a breifing on what you can and cant do.The welcomed us and never bothered anybody all weekend.You cant argue with that.They want to bring revinue into these small towns and if we cooperate with them they will be willing to give us a warm welcome.Nobody said anything about the sheriff telling us if we can gather.Please.Stop avoiding what I'm trying make as a point.............I remember last summer when a bunch of us where at Winter Haven and Parker went flying through one of the canals with his loud ass motor and pissed off so many people that Vector Pat heard about it through the Grape vine that the local cops where all pissed of and we had to avaoid the chain for several months.If yall would chill out a little and think things can work out.Its not set in stone anyway.I havent spoke to any sheriff or fish and wild life people so back the **** off.I dont see any off you trying to bring somthing like this together.I'm just trying to put a gathering together that will enable some of you to see something that you have never seen.130+ mph boats.

Capt.Doug Metko
11-21-2004, 08:30 AM
If you try to involve local or state law enforcement this event will probably never happen.With no sanctioning body,no insurance,and no safety infrastructure they will never issue any of the permits.

If any of the enviromental organizations get wind of this they will try to stop it,and that will just bring more negative publicty.

If the event goes foward and there's an accident it could mean massive speed zones and no wake zones on the river or even horsepower restrictions.

Just ask the people in Brevard,Charlotte,and Lee counties about their speed zones....

The best thing we could do is go foward quietly.

Doug

pirogue
11-21-2004, 08:40 AM
lets evaluate the safety gear in these vids. it should be addressed but not pounded. for those without mistake, throw the first stone.

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61112&highlight=outboard+overkill
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51214&highlight=ou
ttakes

Trikki1010
11-21-2004, 08:46 AM
I don't need the Sherrif to tell me if I can or cannot "gather ".

No laws against gathering Lee, and PLEASE, don't take this as a bash, you guys shoot straight and fly right. I WAS of the same opinion and I still F**k off when boating and I LOVE to gather, BUT

The other side of the coin is watching and slowly REMOVING our liberties...It's really a toss up.....Gathering is 5-10 boats, generally NOT a problem unless a tree hugger floats by in a canoe:rolleyes: A REAL issue we NOW have to deal with....

Rob is trying to gather ALOT of boats and it COULD get ugly REAL FAST. You sneak it under the radar once and raise a stink, It ain't ever happening again. Large scale events, when planned properly, should WORK with the authorities and even tree huggers to quell their fears, only because they don't need to be "blind-sided" and forced into action by somebody complaining.

It IS much easier to get the approval or set the ground rules beforehand, than to have to negotiate new regulations....

Take it from someone who has already been to court. The biggest complaint, was a lack of accountability ;)

Aren't there enough "Manatee Free" zones yet ????

Hot Shot Merc
11-21-2004, 08:47 AM
I said it once and I'll say it twice and then I'm done.....You dont need sanctions, you dont need insurance,and you dont need permits.You need approval thats it.Hers the deal............Since everyone knows best.I will not say a ****ing word to any game office or department and everyone just come and run and play.If it gets shut down because we didnt take the propper channels.Then you guys explain it to all the people who come from way up north and dont get to run.I'm through with it from here on out.You all know the dates so be there or be sqaure.

rmh77
11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by pirogue
lets evaluate the safety gear in these vids. it should be addressed but not pounded. for those without mistake, throw the first stone.

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61112&highlight=outboard+overkill
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51214&highlight=ou
ttakes

That doesnt count!!:rolleyes: Thats in New York;)

CDave
11-21-2004, 09:22 AM
I'll say this, when I had my slow Glastron I never wore a lifejacket and got stopped all the time.
Now I have an Allison and never ride without a lifejacket and I've been stopped twice in 3 YEARS.
Do the math.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you show disreguard for your and everyone's safety and the water cops will rain on your parade. Remember the song, "I fought the law and the law won"?

Give ya an example. Years ago, I had a Mustang 5.0 and there was a group of 5.0 owners that street raced all the time at night. It got to the point if you owned a 5.0 and were out at night you could almost bet a cop was gonna be on your butt waiting for you to do ANYTHING illegal. I think that is the point that is trying to be made here.

rmh77
11-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Man i miss street racing!!:(

CDave
11-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by rmh77
Man i miss street racing!!:(

I don't, I miss having a NHRA drag strip 15min. from my drivway. :(

Hot Shot Merc
11-21-2004, 09:40 AM
If I had a nhra drag strip 15 min,from my drive way I would be in heaven:)

WOT RACING
11-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Man what has this thread turned into....................:mad:

I think Im going to start a new one in the Gen Dis. "This is where one can B i t _ h" Thread. You guys have turned what was only a fun weekend not intented on upseting people video into a real pissing match.......This has gotten to be rediculous.............:confused: I think maybe Lee should just take this thread down and whoever got the video.....got it. It just really upsets me to see you guys do this to our enjoyable moment!!!!! I am real careful to not pick sides or piss people off or do anything that can be brought back to me as a problem on this web site. I just cant believe that this is the way this turned out....

Sorry everyone if we didnt have fun and ask for the approval of the board before hand. I am sorry we didnt make sure that your video not ours was done exactly as you people wanted. Next time we will be sure to post what we are doing before it happens and see if things are going to work out for you guys.......oh and make sure we get everyones options out first, that way we can design a weekend handbook of things we are allowed to do and not to do...........:(

Hot Shot Merc
11-21-2004, 10:07 AM
You obviously havnt taken in one ****ing word that any of us has said.This is a magazine and Greg is the publisher.He has the rite to dissclaim anything that he feels is wreckless or promoting the wrong Idea of hot boating today.When have you ever seen a picture in Hot Boat or any other magazine with stuff like this in it.I can tell you from experiance.I had an article done on me and my boat in the February issue of Family And Performance Boating Magazine.They would not take one photo with out a life jacket on.Do ya get the point now?Damn.I would rather he does delete this norrow minde thread.It wouldnt hurt my feelings.Have it your way.See how much negative publicity it gets.

Fish
11-21-2004, 10:18 AM
hot shot, you have mail.

rmh77
11-21-2004, 10:37 AM
ROB!!!! Why the hell are you so concerend!!!! SCREAMANDFLY has been a hypocrite on this subject! Practice what you preach!!

Hot Shot Merc
11-21-2004, 10:43 AM
OK so maybe he has posted videos that were not all saftey oriented.He posted this one too.He's just makeing a point that in the future if you want videos by him that saftey has to be a much biggere priority.It doesnt take much brains to see that.You no what have it your way.Dont dry when the whole state becomes a no wake zone.If you want to argue so bad why dont you call out LPB or something?He loves to argue with you,I dont

Ospreyproduction
11-21-2004, 10:45 AM
If I could take the thread down I would, but it belongs to Greg and I can't remove it.

Ospreyproduction
11-21-2004, 10:52 AM
.Dont cry when the whole state becomes a no wake zone.

Again....Gimme a break Rob. Your startin to sound a little rediculous.
We get the friggin point....and I have told Greg that I will not shoot any other runs without someone wearing a life jacket. SO....the situation has been addressed, and there is a solution, and I understand Gregs concern, what the hell else do you want us to do???????

Hot Shot Merc
11-21-2004, 11:03 AM
NOTHING ,I DONT WANT YOU TO DO A ****ING THING.GOD DAMN IT.I sent you a pm trying to explain myself in a peacefull manner so if this is gonna be your attitude then **** it !

Scream And Fly
11-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by rmh77
ROB!!!! Why the hell are you so concerend!!!! SCREAMANDFLY has been a hypocrite on this subject! Practice what you preach!!

Wrong. We have lifelines, jackets, and helmets and we use them. Maybe not at all times when we're cruising around in the bay, but for top speed runs, always. Here's an idea: why not resist the urge to turn this constructive subject into complete nonsense?

At times all of us have used boats without proper safety equipment - although we all should, there are times when people don't. But that is what learning is about. That is what sites like this are about.

I think Rob makes some very good points.

I also think it's one thing to not use safety gear, but the latitude of the situation is completely different when people are operating the boats in a very unpredictable and dangerous manner. I was seeing passengers in those boats in what appears to be a contest of “who can ride the wildest wheelie.” Where does that eventually lead? Boats flipped over and people in the hospital. Is that what some of you are defending? I hope not. Because I couldn't care less about the boats - it's the people I care about, and I don't want to see anybody get hurt.

That is the concern. So, why the debate? The concern here is for the safety of the boat operators, the people watching, and the sport as a whole. And that is what this website is about.

I think all points have been made, and I don't want this to turn into a brawl. Lee did a great job with the video and it's fun to watch. But let's try to see the bigger picture (no pun intended).

Let’s just see it from that standpoint and get along now, okay?

Greg

Tuesday
11-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Can you believe that I haven't posted an opinion yet????

I'm sure you've all been waiting on the edge of your seat....LOL

Okay...I do believe that this has gone too far....we are all friends here and it is out of control....Soon we won't be able to gather because we will all be enemies!

I have addressed the concerns here at the house.....If something bad were to happen, we have a lot to lose. Mainly, the father of my children.....OUr lives would never be the same and life would never be right again......

Yes...I do agree that there should be safety gear and I have made it clear that if the concern for safety does not change, there will be big problems here at the house....

I also believe that the drivers of these boats should never be consuming alcohol at the same time they are boating....No matter what anyone may think, alcohol delays judgement and reaction time and one little slip can cause a huge mess and a lot of injuries and destruction of beloved property..........

BUT....what is done is done....the point has been made and is well taken by those involved. Now that the point has been made, enjoy the video for what it is----Extreme boating at it's best (minus safety gear, which is the only that would have made it better) and a great time for all involved. Nothing bad happened (Thank the good Lord) and a few good guys had a great time together. Take it for what it is and not what it could have been if someone made a mistake, hooked their boat, ripped their engine off, busted their transom, blah, blah, blah....Hopefully, Next time things will be different and safer.....

ALL OF YOU THAT ARE CONCERNED (including me).......Your point has been heard!!!!

Now, for the people that live on the river that complain about the noise and the restaurant that refused to serve patrons because their engines were just "too loud....." That is just plain ridiculous!!!! How often do we really disturb them???? A couple times a year? Once a month at best? I say GET OVER IT! Have a little fun and if you don't want to, don't impinge on others. A little noise at appropriate times won't kill anyone!

Okay...now everyone....Can't we all just get along? Enough is enough!

Scream And Fly
11-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Tuesday
I also believe that the drivers of these boats should never be consuming alcohol at the same time they are boating....No matter what anyone may think, alcohol delays judgement and reaction time and one little slip can cause a huge mess and a lot of injuries and destruction of beloved property..........

I could not agree more.

- Greg

Ospreyproduction
11-21-2004, 12:15 PM
AMEN...Kill the thread Greg.

blkmtrfan
11-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Why kill it :confused:

This is a discussion forum, what makes it intersting is the ability to debate an idea, sometimes it gets a little out of hand, but if we can't look at both sides to a given argument, how can we learn anything new. ;)

Trikki1010
11-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Peace, but keep it Lee, Unlike most, I think we've gone full circle and it shows we CAN discuss. ;)

'nuff said.

Great video :D

captcarb
11-21-2004, 01:19 PM
This one gets my vote. It's only going about 10 mph, he can hold it there and make turns etc. He should be wearing a pfd, but there is a safety boat just out of the picture, and there are paramedics standing by.

The lake and surrounding land is privately owned by the water ski team which is comprised of Jr high, high school, and college kids only. They bought it with ticket sales, sponsor money etc. The team has been around for about 25 years now. There turnover is great because when it's time to go to work, they leave the team.

Jim

Hot Shot Merc
11-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Wheres the motor?:confused:

captcarb
11-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Rob,

Here's another shot, not quite as high. The motors are lower than the surface of the lake. The driver at Twin Lakes WI did this stunt too. It's not hard to do if you know the trick.

Jim

Hot Shot Merc
11-21-2004, 01:31 PM
I know its off the wheelie subject but they have a ski show here in Sarasota.Two years ago they made an attempt at record to pull 48 skiers at once with tripple merc 150's.They kept trying but only ended up with about 30 something.It was hoot to watch.

captcarb
11-21-2004, 01:42 PM
I think trhey have pulled more now. They have a Dyne with 3 2.5 xs mercs on it this year.

Janesville team.

Jim

http://www.rockaquajays.org/images/2004_thanks.gif

mendo
11-21-2004, 01:44 PM
The level of experience is evedent in the fact that no one was hurt.

This is a popular site and some that view it have less experience and may get in to trouble imitating the behaviour that they see.

I think promoting safety is a good thing.

My freind pulls up a number of bodies each year from people who had it handled and were in control right up until they weren't.

An unconcous body sinks in seconds and will not rise until it starts to decompose.

I agree with the policy of modeling safe behaviour. If lives are saved because they wore safety gear because they saw me do it, ....................

If someone dies because they saw me do something less safe and did not realize,.........................

Have fun, Safely.

Tuesday
11-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Cool! What fun to watch! (the skiers that is)

BTW....I'm sorry Greg! I was posting at the same time you were!

:-) Tues

baja200merk
11-21-2004, 01:49 PM
but he knows how to wheelie

kevin

Tuesday
11-21-2004, 02:09 PM
what so great about wheelies anyway?????

captcarb
11-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Nothing!

Jim

stokernick
11-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Geez,here I was worried about any controversary with the election over we get this!!Concerning everyone`s infallability does anyone remember the post about the broken steering arm bolt and the quick exit out the side of the boat!! You young bucks are all indestructable so I won`t tell you what to do,but for this old geezer I`ll wear my life jacket.I`ve been to enough funerals to see the pain and suffering that`s left behind!

Ospreyproduction
11-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Tuesday
what so great about wheelies anyway?????

Nothing other than Parker is the KING......and that it will make your ass pucker.

Tuesday
11-21-2004, 02:27 PM
How exactly will it make my a$$ pucker???? Just an honest question!! :-) E

BTW, Lee, I really enjoyed the video. It was really awesome! I just wish my hubby would be a bit more careful! He has two precious little boys to think about!

Tues

PARKER RABE
11-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Nothing other than Parker is the KING......and that it will make your ass pucker. :eek:

Tom Foley
11-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Man let's just all shut the **** up wear our jackets and have fun . Dont call ffing the NewYork Times and continue paying attention and stop all this candyass nonsense . See you in March or sooner . Tom .

Hot Shot Merc
11-21-2004, 07:00 PM
We left it alone five hours ago.Now you bring more ****y comments to the table.Why??

Ospreyproduction
11-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Tuesday, He'll be just fine....especially after this ass chewing. lol

Trying to schedule a Winterhaven run after Christmas.....
Foley, Doug, YOU IN???

Tom Foley
11-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Rob we were out at the Anclote Sand bar enjoying the sun and sand with my 5 year old daughter in the mako . I love living in Florida ! I will call you on the mid tomorrow , Thanks . Tom :D

Tom Foley
11-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Lee , Were in , call me .Tom .

PARKER RABE
11-21-2004, 07:37 PM
sh.it what the hell is that ! is this a joke !:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ospreyproduction
11-22-2004, 11:08 PM
OH Parker.......

u my bich!!!

Scream And Fly
11-22-2004, 11:15 PM
You guys do remember that this is an all-ages forum, right?

Ospreyproduction
11-22-2004, 11:23 PM
10-4

IGOTADAMBOAT
11-22-2004, 11:23 PM
iTS MY OWN LIFE U SHOULD SEE ME IN A CAR

rmh77
11-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Greg wheres my post/pic??? It just dissapeared:confused: :confused:

IGOTADAMBOAT
11-23-2004, 10:35 AM
IM SURPRISED WE DONT HAVE ANIMAL RIGHTS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DOG IN THE BOAT!

Scream And Fly
11-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Scream And Fly is here to promote fun, safe, and responsible performance boating. We are also an all-ages forum, meaning we do not allow pornography or any explicit content. Simple rules, really.

Greg

jmc
11-23-2004, 12:05 PM
I just wanted to say awesome video guys! Wish I could have seen it in person.

Its always fun until someone gets hurt or dies......but there is usually someone to remind you of the danger which is good....and then there are others counting on disaster or wishing for it deep down. Some of you guys need to button up your vest and worry about your own arse.....everyone is a big boy in the video.

CDave
11-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Y'all should get the Dec. issue of Bass&Walleye Boats and read the article by John Tiger Jr.!!!

I can scan it and post it if that isn't getting into copyright infractions. Let me know Greg.

Adam McKeon
11-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Hey man, you gonna be at the dealer meeting in Dec. I,ll be there looking for a drinking partner. One of my girls is coming up from Bradenton. Later

Oh yeah, nice video guys.

PARKER RABE
11-23-2004, 08:02 PM
i dont know yet

Talon2.5
11-24-2004, 06:19 AM
whats the bass and walleye article about?

CDave
11-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Basically it's about safety while runnin' boats at high speed and the need to wear the proper equipment, even though we are all guilt of not doing it.

It's a good read.

Talon2.5
11-24-2004, 12:36 PM
oh ok, thanks :)

allisonracer
11-24-2004, 03:38 PM
also has a 104 mph bullet w/ new 300 merc and 2 people

wicked tunnel
11-24-2004, 08:44 PM
awesome video!!

Ospreyproduction
12-01-2004, 04:13 PM
For POLITICAL reasons....I had to bring this thread back to life and back on top.

blkmtrfan
12-01-2004, 04:25 PM
For POLITICAL reasons....I had to bring this thread back to life and back on top.

:D

I thought you wanted to kill it before, now you want it on top

:D :D

IGOTADAMBOAT
12-01-2004, 04:37 PM
HOw do i put a cute pic under my name? Political theres not politics just HAIL KING BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blkmtrfan
12-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by INEEDADAMBOAT
HOw do i put a cute pic under my name? Political theres not politics just HAIL KING BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is called an Avitar, go to the top of the page and puch the "User CP" button, look at all the settings, go to the Avitar section and following instructions

XTB21
12-01-2004, 09:23 PM
All else aside i think the Alley was the best!

Ospreyproduction
12-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by blkmtrfan

After countless hours of deep thought, I changed my mind.

Ospreyproduction
12-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by XTB21
All else aside i think the Alley was the best!

I'm so glad you like it.

Fish
12-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by blkmtrfan

you talkin about my girlfried or the video??? LOL;) :D

blkmtrfan
12-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Good one Fish

This time: The Video, LOL

AMEN...Kill the thread Greg.

thaw ripper
06-16-2005, 01:50 AM
Keep the shiny side up! The perfect set up! Rabe!:cool:

Luke Tucker
06-16-2005, 06:13 PM
that is some of the best chit i've ever seen keepum cummin

PARKER RABE
06-16-2005, 06:45 PM
i wonder if i can do that in the stv? and a speedmaster?

blkmtrfan
06-16-2005, 09:02 PM
i wonder if i can do that in the stv? and a speedmaster?

Be carefull, might go over backwards as the isn't as much drag when you let off :eek:

thaw ripper
06-23-2005, 02:41 AM
i wonder if i can do that in the stv? and a speedmaster?:D I WONDER!

Tom Foley
06-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Check this one out ! What a weekend ! The party following all this action lasted till the wee hours !

Tom Foley
08-21-2005, 05:34 PM
oh yeah its back , all long island guys need to watch this one !!!!!!!

Ospreyproduction
08-21-2005, 09:09 PM
.....BASH was not there!!!!

godspeed
08-22-2005, 10:53 PM
WOW THOSE GUYS ARE SICK IN THE HEAD :eek:

Tom Foley
08-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah , Parker has a tuned throttle foot and trim finger !! Too bad Bobby from Lake Tarpon wasn't there that weekend , he would have given Parker a good run for his money ! Highly skilled athletes !!! Looking forward to this Novembers Jungle Run . Come on down and enjoy !!!

PARKER RABE
04-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Heres A Good Old Viedo

tunnelmike
04-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Parker was the King. Mike

Tom Foley
04-12-2006, 04:31 PM
what a great run this was .... skip back to about page five and read on . Parker , you need another single seater to keep the Crown ! Thats it, wheelie contest at River Ranch , maybe Conant will come out of the woodwork for this one !

Fish
04-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Tom, I took that pic of the red stv in your post. Parker came back in and said he needs more trim, he can't get the bow up.:eek:

BTW, I think Johnboy might want a piece of that action; he's been to hammer down wheelie school

tunnelmike
04-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Fish had a much better wheelie attempt picture somewhere. Mike

Fish
04-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Fish had a much better wheelie attempt picture somewhere. Mike

Oh Yeah, TunnelMike rockin the mixed doubles wheelie category:D

1BadAction
04-13-2006, 02:23 PM
meh, i got those beat. :D

Fish
04-13-2006, 02:27 PM
meh, i got those beat. :D

Tilting the trailer all the way up and spraying the boat with a hose does not count:p :D

tunnelmike
04-13-2006, 02:27 PM
That wasn't even an attempt. These lite boat's will fly when given the chance !

Fish,given my computer illeteracy if you shrink that pic to avitar size I want to use it. Thanks Mike

1BadAction
04-13-2006, 02:35 PM
try this

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/9615/tmike8ud.jpg

tunnelmike
04-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks Bad !

Fish
04-13-2006, 02:37 PM
try this

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/9615/tmike8ud.jpg

damn that was fast, I was just getting ready to do the same thing. Thanks 1bad

tunnelmike
04-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Well thanks anyway Fish. 1Bad I appreciate your speed of shrinkage ! Mike

1BadAction
04-13-2006, 02:40 PM
No prob. :cool:

hopefully I'll have new ones of mine after the 22nd

tunnelmike
04-13-2006, 02:45 PM
He's more places than Bash with the camera !! Mike

Tom Foley
04-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Always great pics from Fish !! I am reliving the whole weekend , what a blast ! Some great people here at Scream and Fly !!

WILDMAN
04-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Here's a wheelie with the original flamer

Tom Foley
04-14-2006, 04:19 AM
Randy , now that's what I call a wheelie,POWER Wheelie . Are you making it to RR ?

WILDMAN
04-14-2006, 07:50 AM
I'll be there

Tom Foley
05-31-2007, 05:38 PM
This is the thread from a great weekend !Check out the video .

RIVERRUMMER 70
06-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Very Interesting, I Want To Like It And Part Of Me Say's Kick Ass F'n Boat Controll And Wow It Takes Some Serious Seat Time To Get That Cocky And Or Aarrogant, I Had The Sinking Gut Feeling The Whole Time Watching This ! While I Was Downloading This I Read Some Of The Posts From The Orig Thread About "safety" And It Made Me Think Of A Few Times I Have "buzzed The Tower" And Did A Few "fly By's" All Ov Course No Jacket No "helmet" No Chance!
Forget The Jacket What About A Helmet First? If We Get Knocked Out We Can Float Face Down Its 50/50!!! Helmet , Jacket , Eyes ...
#1 The Helmet Can Help To Keep Us Concious.
#2 The Jacket, Impact Resistance , And Flotation!
#3 If No Tinted Lens On Helmet, Impact Resistant Polarized Glasses!:d
Most Of The Stuff At Low Speed Was Harmless, But Some Of The Higher Speed Stuff Was Careless , I Saw Alot Of Risks With Other Boats That Could Have Become Secondary Victims And Passengers In The Boats Doing The Stunts Could Be Killed As Well!:(
Sorry I Didn't Intend To Piss On The Video As I Can Tell Alot Of Good Work Went Into It ! It's Just My Opinion. Im Glad No One Wrecked Or Got Hurt.
I THINK EVERYONE IS MORE SAFETY AWARE SINCE 2004, WE HOPE !:D

Hot Shot Merc
06-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Your right there was some reckless acts here and we have already been through it.Read the thread some.Its very old and we all know what can happen.After a few bad accidents the last few years we all know we need to wear our saftey gear and more often than not we are.Most of us anyway.

WILDMAN
06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Sure was fun though!!

Ospreyproduction
06-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Sure was fun though!!

DAMN RIGHT!!!

Little Jon
06-01-2007, 01:38 PM
osprey, do you stillhave the link to the river ranch videos?

Frank Molé
06-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Sure was fun though!!

you got that right:eek: :cool: :D

Tom Foley
06-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Frank , you making the nov. river Ranch deal ? Weather will suck in NY by then !:D

MCRacing
06-01-2007, 02:33 PM
That is not called a wheelie it called a proppie and my son hold the worlds record in a tunnel lite (cat inflatable).

Ospreyproduction
06-01-2007, 03:00 PM
That is not called a wheelie it called a proppie and my son hold the worlds record in a tunnel lite (cat inflatable).

Cat inflatables will do that without a driver.

TD
06-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Looks cool but also one of the most irresponsible clips of driving I have ever seen. Just plain stupid.

Frank Molé
06-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Looks cool but also one of the most irresponsible clips of driving I have ever seen. Just plain stupid.

dont watch it

Frank Molé
06-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Frank , you making the nov. river Ranch deal ? Weather will suck in NY by then !:D

i think i can:D i think i can:D i think i can:D :cool: :eek:

Tom Foley
06-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Thats only because you can't do it !!:D

Dukeofchippewa
06-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I can't find it, so I can't bitch.

Tom Foley
06-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Go to page one of this thread .

TD
06-03-2007, 10:21 PM
dont watch it

No, I'll keep watching them cause I want to see the video when one of the crazy bastards puts it over.:(

I hope it doesn't happen butttttttttt?

Dukeofchippewa
06-04-2007, 06:41 AM
Go to page one of this thread .
I did one of those with my Ventura once. (but not on purpose) Very scarey.:eek:

Tom Foley
06-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Parker is (was ) a trained professional , I think he only blew over once during training !!:D

Frank Molé
06-04-2007, 08:17 AM
No, I'll keep watching them cause I want to see the video when one of the dumb bastards kills himself.:(

you ARE A REAL DICK:mad:

TD
06-04-2007, 03:22 PM
you ARE A REAL DICK:mad:
And you are an Idiot for thinking somebody isn't going to get hurt driving like that. Stay off my lake and outa my way.

Pro300x24LD
06-04-2007, 03:25 PM
No, I'll keep watching them cause I want to see the video when one of the dumb bastards kills himself.:(

I hope it doesn't happen butttttttttt?come on now.....a little over the edge? maybe, but to watch in hopes of seeing someone get hurt?

TD
06-04-2007, 05:49 PM
come on now.....a little over the edge? maybe, but to watch in hopes of seeing someone get hurt?

NO, that is not what I meant and I'm sorry it was taken that way. I will take that down immediately.
I'm just trying to be realistic. Boats are dangerous enough without driving them this way.

Frank Molé
06-04-2007, 06:08 PM
No, I'll keep watching them cause I want to see the video when one of the dumb bastards puts it over.:(

a little better but still SICK:mad:

Tom Foley
01-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Another look at a good mirage pilot feathering the throttle !!!!!!! Go Parker ! Page One .

Ospreyproduction
01-20-2008, 10:52 PM
.............Stay off my lake and outa my way.

Don't worry......they never leave Florida.:D :D :D

baja200merk
01-20-2008, 10:57 PM
i love that video..

frank- get some wheelie video of the vegas! :D

heres jeff wheelieing the skittles boat last week on tarpon :eek:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4mKvDsLjJ7U&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4mKvDsLjJ7U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Frank Molé
01-20-2008, 11:16 PM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/frankmole/2004219201350306376_rs.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/frankmole/2001544232408028927_rs.jpg

baja200merk
01-20-2008, 11:16 PM
hahaa nice!

Frank Molé
01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
thanks that boat was a blast:D

baja200merk
01-20-2008, 11:23 PM
i need to find one for my brother hes up there, wants one for summer. keep your eyes open got plans for a v4 loopa, lets just say it wont be stock :D

gary slagle
01-20-2008, 11:30 PM
what a difference today from last weekend! you coulda surfed on lake tarpon today :mad: and froze your a$$ off!!:eek:

baja200merk
01-20-2008, 11:54 PM
yea no chit! :eek: but my motor loves the dense air :D

JR IN JAX
01-21-2008, 03:45 PM
What a great video, all Ya'll were missing was a couple of my Bat-turns [even though I am getting tired of broken seats and sore shoulders]. That would have really gotten every one stirred up.

Parker was so cool, he probably didn't even get an increase in his heart-rate.

Enjoy the toys [safely],
JR

Daddychatham
01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Tom Foley
01-21-2008, 07:42 PM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/frankmole/2004219201350306376_rs.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/frankmole/2001544232408028927_rs.jpg
Nothing like youth on the salt marsh flats of Long Island !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

MODVP22
01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Parker is (was ) a trained professional , I think he only blew over once during training !!:D

I don't think he's ever gone over. I know he went through the side of a boat once...not from wheeling though.