PDA

View Full Version : Update on Pre-Firewater.................

Balzy
05-13-2001, 12:01 PM
Read the 4th post down on this thread for details. It's the post with the fancy pictures.

I will be booking a block of rooms next week in Fon Du Lac for people from out of town. Please post a reply here if you need a room, whether you want a single or a double. I have negotiated rates with a few hotels that have adequate safe parking. It looks like the rooms will be between $40.00 and $50.00. We will pick a hotel that has enough rooms so everyone can stay at the same place. You can also send mail to Mbalz@charter.net if you have questions.

More News: It looks like there is a chance that there may be some Grass Roots Drag Racing available to all of us at Firewater itself. More details this week.

Can't wait for Firewater week myself.

Here is summary of the schedule of events:

Pre-Firewater "North" officially kicks off on Sunday
August 12th. Some people will be pulling in early. Steve Anderson (fellow
Amigo) will be rolling in on Thursday the 9th. (Oh boy, 10 or 11 days of
solid boating, somebody's got to do it) Anyone that wants to come early is
welcome. We will be on the water everyday.

Tentative schedule as follows:

Sunday afternoon/evening - boating on Lake Winnebago. (Weather permitting,
the boys from MN and MD can't seem to get into the 1 1/2' to 2' chop)

Monday the 13th - Mercury High Performance tour in the morning, prop testing
with Dennis Cavanaugh in the afternoon. Dennis will make up a bunch of
whatever we want for props to play with. I have reserved a real nice
small supper club for our private dinner in the evening, great food. We will be making a donation and presentation to March of Dimes at dinner.

Tuesday the 14th - Rally type Poker run on the Wolf / Fox River from Oshkosh
to Fremont or Winneconne. I will be getting gift certificates etc. from
local places on the water. It will be kind of a treasure hunt type event
with prizes. I will probably have a fry-out at my house in the evening.

Wednesday the 15th - We all head down to Baker's for the start of Firewater.
Kaptain Kirk and his pa are sponsoring a late lunch thing at the Marina
above the locks. It was a nice time last year. Great boat ride there and
back. We usually we do a dry run of the poker run Wednesday evening.

Thursday the 16th - Morning, ?????, got to ask Sam. Blarney Island drags in
the evening.

Friday the 17th - Poker run / Rally on the chain by Sam's. 5:00 - Grass Roots Drags at Sunset Tavern on Lake Koshkonong near Fort Atkinson WI. Should be a lot of fun.

Saturday the 18th - Up to Kosh on the Rock River near Fort Atkinson WI for
the speed runs and bikini contest. Did I mention bikini contest?

Sunday the 19th - ??????, always the end of a great week of boating. I
always hate that day !!!!!!!!

As far as Pre-Firewater goes there may or may not be a small fee. The only reason for the fee would be because I want to tie this together with a donation to some local charity and do some good for those who can't. (Probably March of Dimes) It might be $20.00 or so a person. I want to do this for the charity itself but I also am trying to promote our sport that we love. I will try to get some news coverage of the donation deal along with the event. It can only help out sport to show that we are good guys. I used to be in a Corvette club that raffled a car every year and gave the proceeds to Spina Bifida and we got a real good name for it. We also have a local Harley club that people thought were hellions until they started doing benefit rides and brat fries etc. and now everyone thinks they are great guys.

[Edited by Balzy on 07-20-2001 at 12:47 PM]

KaptainKirk
05-14-2001, 01:08 PM
Will be needing a room there Balzy!
Will let ya know this week when we are coming!

Balzy
05-14-2001, 01:56 PM
covered. Got a room blocked for you and pa for the 12th, 13th and 14th. If you come up earlier let me know. Read the next post for details. You still need to call the hotel.

[Edited by Balzy on 05-14-2001 at 02:59 PM]

Balzy
05-14-2001, 02:13 PM
I just blocked 15 rooms for Sunday August 12th, Monday the 13th, and Tuesday the 14th at the Baymont Inn & Suites at 77 Holiday Lane Fond du Lac WI 54937.

10 doubles and 5 kings have been negotiated down to $49.00 a night. Free continental breakfast, 2 free drinks in the evening, 10% off meals, pool and whirlpool, lots of parking for rigs.

YOU NEED TO CALL THEM AT 920-921-4000 to guarantee your room on a credit card. Tell them you want a room with the "PRE-FIREWATER" group.

http://www.wiscohotels.com/fonddulac_baymont/h_baymont3.jpg
http://www.wiscohotels.com/fonddulac_baymont/pho_mainpage.jpg
You can see all the details for the hotel at: http://www.wiscohotels.com/fonddulac_baymont/index.shtml
There is a small map on this site.

Here is the link to a better map on expedia.com
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=mmvw&msds=35E86C5C$BC4Ew$80$27Ew94!E04!A0$0D0!2$37.Holiday.Ln!60$0B0Fond.Du.Lac20WI50$35$34$39$33$370000! 4$FF000!8$FF!60$A8$CB$FF$37$B8$E0E$40$A1$BB3$C0a$1EV$C060001000!8$FF!50$14000!4$FF!K0

I will keep tabs on how many rooms are booked and add onto the block if we need to.

[Edited by Balzy on 05-21-2001 at 11:15 AM]

SleeveA
05-14-2001, 06:05 PM
If any of you guys dont want your 2 free drinks, let me know. I would be very happy to take them off your hands:cool:
Was over at Balzys a week ago to test the water. Test went great!!! Lots of water and the river is a blast:D:D

Mach2
05-17-2001, 09:13 PM
Balzy, The number you gave for the Baymont hotel is incorrect. The phone number is 920-921-4000!

FYI - count me in for Sunday and Monday! Unfortunately will miss Tuesday-Thursday but will catch up with you for the poker run!

Jim
Concord Mach II

Balzy
05-21-2001, 11:20 AM
I edited the post so it's ok now. I was up on your water this weekend in Three Lakes. Did a little boating and a little fishing in the channel between you and Planting Ground. Crappies are starting. Had a blast.

Balzy
06-13-2001, 09:22 PM
the people without rooms booked can find the info easier...........

Barney
06-16-2001, 07:46 PM
Yes, that's right. The Barn will be there, or should I say Blarn. :eek:

Exact dates will follow.

I just have one question, is this island racing place (Blarney) an attempt to poke fun at me?

If so, then I'll be looking for Slam Blaker for another grudge match! :D

If not, just realize I'm I'm poking at all of you.

Sam knows he can't run with me! :D ;)

Balzy
06-25-2001, 10:54 AM
I went to the Baymont Inn and Suites to check it out. There are still some rooms available in our block. The rooms are very nice.

Wait, there's more, get this, it is straight across the road from Merc's production plant. Get up in the morning, make a pot of coffee in your room, look out your door at the view, and whalla, MERCURY EVERYWHERE !!!!!! What a way to start your morning. It don't get much better than that.

If you are coming to Pre-Firewater, put a reply here NOW. I need to start getting a head count for dinner at the supper club that is opening special for us to have our own private party.

KaptainKirk
06-25-2001, 11:20 AM
See ya there!!

SleeveA
06-26-2001, 02:09 PM
I will be there. What time do we start drinking? I'm sure it will be after boatin, just want to give my liver a heads up.

Balzy
06-26-2001, 04:23 PM
we all know that ya'll carry a spare liver with you on trips like this. We also know you learned that trick from the "Gillminator". If ya run out, I have a spare in the freezer you can borrow. Livers are like gearcases and trailer tires, never leave home without a spare.

Wait, with you showing up the Thursday before, I may need my only spare for myself, ya better bring at least two.

NPK2003
06-27-2001, 10:15 PM
Hey Buddy!

Sign me up for Merc Hi-Pro Tour and da dinner. I don't know yet if wife-ee can make it due to her work schedule. I'll take a room for that night, preferably a king in case wife comes, (or doesn't?). Anyway, I'll let you know details.

I plan on joining Mr. Gimlet and you ahead of time to practice taking 2'chop at 100+ with STV. I'll call you at work tomorrow to discuss.

Balzy
06-27-2001, 10:30 PM
though. I'll be in the office from about 9:00 ta 3:00. Then it's off to up nort to get my boat put back together and spend 9 days by Mr. Gimlet. We plan on doing lots of drinking, oops, I mean boating. Well, I'm gonna take along a spare liver or two just in case.