PDA

View Full Version : S&F Question

Dukeofchippewa
10-31-2004, 11:09 AM
I wasn't notified by email of replies, and when I go to post replies don't show up?:confused:

Scream And Fly
10-31-2004, 12:05 PM
Duke,

That can be caused by many things. First, are you using any firewalls or spam blockers? Are you using an Internet cookie blocker? Utilities such as that can cause the forums to act in an unexpected manner.

Spam blockers can detect your subscribed thread notifications as spam and block them.

Also, if you're using some form of "web acceleration" software (AOL Top Speed, etc.), that could affect how the forums function, since this software caches web information on your system.

Greg

Dukeofchippewa
10-31-2004, 12:21 PM
sometimes these puters have a mind of their own. I just found in Ie the security level got turned to high, maybe that did it. We'll see. Thanks

Scream And Fly
10-31-2004, 12:35 PM
Very high security settings could influence forum use as well. Remember that a message forum (any forum) is an interactive website that exchanges information with your computer. That interaction can be blocked.

Greg

Dukeofchippewa
10-31-2004, 03:54 PM
, I found that my wonderful Inwave email will let me send but not receive. Of course there tech support is not open on Sunday. :mad: