PDA

View Full Version : Saving Pictures from the Galleries

speedyfast
10-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Why can't I save any pics from the gallery or make them my wallpaper. Some of the best pics (like jasper) running shots are unsavable. When i right click on the pic it doesnt do anything. Whats up?>

stvhelm
10-21-2004, 09:21 PM
go to the gallery and click on the thumbnail of the pic you want. when the pic comes up you can click on it again for a larger version. when you run the mouse over the pic you'll see a little box pop up on the left top side of the pic. click on the disc and it will save the pic to your computer. you can then set it as wall paper

speedyfast
10-21-2004, 10:24 PM
:D :D

speedyfast
10-21-2004, 10:39 PM
man i want some of these jasper shots but there is no box appearing in the corner of the photos...........

stvhelm
10-21-2004, 11:08 PM
here I just pulled the first pic from the jasper photos out of the gallery
while youre viewing the pic in the gallery just run the mouse over the pic. a little box with a few icons should appear on the top left then just click on the blue disk. that will save it to your comp.

Spd-Kilz
10-22-2004, 06:00 AM
:)

pyro
10-22-2004, 06:59 AM
Of course that only works if you've got Windows 2000 or XP. If you don't, there's 2 other pain-in-the-ass methods I'm aware of:

Copy and paste:
This is what Checkmates Forever did in the picture above. With the picture on the screen, use the Print Srcn key on your keyboard (usually it's Shift + Print Scrn)
This will "copy" whatever is displayed on the screen to the "clipboard." This means that if you open any graphics program, choose File --> New (new blank page) and then choose Edit --> Paste, a "captured" image of the screen will appear. Then you can crop the image to remove the menus and forum goodies, then save. If you choose to use this technique, your monitor will need to be set to a high enough resolution to display the entire image without scrolling.
HTML:
Under the Explorer menus, choose View --> Source. This takes practice. You need to dig through the page code and find the file name that the code points to that displays the image you want.
Open up Notepad, and create a IMG SRC tag. Like this, but use these < brackets instead of these { brackets :
{img src="http://www.screamandfly.com/images/file_location_here.jpg}{/img}
Save this one-liner to your desktop as "file.htm" or similar. Go to your desktop and double-click it. It will display the image by itself, with a functional right-click.

Greg disabled the right-click in an attempt to keep naughty people from remotely hosting images from his server.

-Chad

BLUElixir
10-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Your right only 2000 and XP can use the mouse over the picture method.

In older windows versions just copy the part that I have highlighted in the image below. then paste that into your address bar and you should be able to right click and save the image like usual. Its still a pain but not that bad.

LakeRacer99
10-22-2004, 10:11 AM
That's funny, yesterday I was going through the source to snag some pics when I noticed the icon bar pop up on one of the pics. I spent about an hour figuring out how to take the tag from the code and once I figured it out. I noticed that all I had to do was hover over the image. Damn this W2K.
:D