PDA

View Full Version : Found the ultimate polish

Barefoot Bob
10-14-2004, 07:24 AM
Wizard Products, and the coolest thing about it all is my cousin owns the company. He ran a body shop business most of his life and went into detailing products (polish and sealants) over 15 years ago. He recently came home for a visit and took a look at my Allison. Anybody that knows me, knows how I like to keep my stuff looking good. Well he gave me a few tips and told me if his product doesn't work better than what I was using,he would change it. I could not believe it, I used a product of his called Metal Renew on my gear case. it brought the lightly discolored polished gear case back to a mirror shine in twice the time as the other product I was using. I then sealed it with another one of his products called Power Seal. My lakes are very acidic so its hard to keep the gear case nice for very long. I ran for over 30 miles averaging about 75 MPH with a top speed of 100. I was amazed when I loaded the boat and there was no change or loss of shine in the polish job. I cant believe how nice it looks. It actually looks as if I had the whole thing chromed. He also just came out with a new polish that he tested exclusively on Gel Coat. It is so new that it is not in his flier or on his web page. Just thought I would pass this on so all of you can experience the same results I just did. Here is a link to his web page.
www.wizardsproducts.com/
I would be glad to mail anything anyone would like to try. If you call and order direct just tell Amy that Barefoot Bob sent you.

ProComp
10-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Would appreciate you coming up and doing a demo on my Euro. Saturday good for you? :)

ProComp

PS - Can ya light it on fire just like the stuff on TV?

Barefoot Bob
10-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by ProComp
Would appreciate you coming up and doing a demo on my Euro. Saturday good for you? :)

ProComp

PS - Can ya light it on fire just like the stuff on TV?

That is real funny:D :D When he first got started he did that to make fun of that outfit. That lighter fluid doesnt even get hot.

If you call the company at 1-800-356-7223 and tell them I sent you, they will give you some samples to try.

Barefoot Bob
10-14-2004, 08:27 PM
The had a great time talking with a few hot boaters. They really liked the responce they got. And anyone that trys this product will agree with me...UNREAL!!!!!

Scream And Fly
10-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Bob, you know how I am with my stuff. I would like to give it a try on my lower unit. I'll have a look at their website.

Greg

msc5195
10-14-2004, 08:57 PM
I will be placing an order.

Not to go astray but have you had any prolems with your McGard spline drive lugnuts? I went last week to have my wheels rotated & balanced. Well two of the lugnuts were seized onto the studs. The only solution was to shear them off. First thing that the Chevrolet dealership said was it wasnt covered under warranty due to me having aftermarket rims and nuts on the truck. Funny thing is the local dealership has brand new trucks and suvs on the lot with McGard spline drives on them. Studs were only 4.00 ea but the aggrevation and my time of changing them out cost me more. Also the chrome started flaking off in pretty good size flakes. I immediatley called McGard and explained to them the problem ant they said that the use of an impact wrench will damage the nuts and that the instruction sheet along with the package says that. They also said that it clearly states this on their website. Well first off I ordered from a dealer and they were shipped in a plain brown box with no writting or instructions. Second off I asked the service rep exactley where on the websight was that statement? Wile I was on the phone with him I went to that page and it clearly says that the use of Impacts will damage the LOCKS. Nope nothing about lugnuts. Well anyway the agreed to replace the lugnuts but I would have to deal with the dealer about getting a refund. I have contacted the dealer but having no luck on getting my money back. I would suggest using C5A or another type of antiseeze when you remove and replace them.

Sorry for being long winded but just thought that I would give you a heads up.

Thanks

Robedoll

Barefoot Bob
10-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the update on the lug nuts. I used a 3/8 inpackt to spin then up and torked each one to 110 from there. Time to rotate tomorow anyway so I will take your advice. Thanks, and you will love there products...Just tell them I sent ya. I heard from a guy on the Alison sight that called. He said that my at the company was telling him a few old barefoot ski stories.

Greg...I have a polished sportsmaster gearcase and I really like to keep it shined up but its was such a pain to keep it that way. My cousin told me to give it a try and see what happens. I used a sealer that Air Chair sells for there foils. It helps on the foils a little but didnt do a thing for the gear case. One time out and it was discolored already. My cousin John wasnt sure if his sealer would work either because of the heat for the gear case with the water splashing on it, but it did. What I used for the hard to reach spots was his metal buff kit. I used a high speed buffer on the smoth surfaces. A few people that saw it thought I had it chrome plated. You cant tell the difference between the stainless and the aluminum. Ya just never know, he may want to get on the advertisers index. You are going to love this stuff

Cp
10-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Pictures Bob, pictures. Come on. Internet pimps must post PICTURES. Let's see your lower unit. :eek:

Barefoot Bob
10-14-2004, 10:12 PM
You know how I loved to post pics. And as Greg found out at balz to the wall, I cant post pics from my camera anymore. I try to down size and it still wont let me do it. I tell ya what, Barb is here and I will have her help me with it tomorow.She knows way more about it than I do.

Any of you guys that are close by me. If you are interested in trying some of the products just let me know and I can help ya out without the shopping charges

GP-1
10-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Geez Bob.........

What a whore you are... First it's the oil, now the new polish. Where's the new wax that makes your car invisible to radar???:D :D :D :D

Barefoot Bob
10-15-2004, 10:45 PM
This is how it looked after an afternoon on the water. We ran about 30 miles. Polish job still looked great even in acidic water.

Barefoot Bob
10-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Here is another one

Cp
10-15-2004, 11:32 PM
BoB!!! How do you do that?

I'm going to drop my unit at your place on the way home from the land of Randy. Could you have mine looking like that by March or so? I'll shop a little for you while I'm in Stuttgart next week if you can commit. Do you like Porsches or Mercedes? ;)

Cp

Barefoot Bob
10-16-2004, 11:39 PM
Either one will do just fine;) :D

GP-1
10-19-2004, 09:58 AM
I think I used to date a Porsche and a Mercedes....

that might not have been there real names, but who knows.. them chicks had skillz.....

Barefoot Bob
10-19-2004, 10:08 AM
That must have been back when you were daiting all them strippers...Hey, you remember Bambi:D I chatted with her the other day;) :)

Took the high speed buffer to the truck with his new sealer for paint and gel coat...Holy Crap!!!! Does that baby shine and is is slippery. Well my milage should go up just from the wind resistance. I need that now that diesel is at 2.18 a gallon:(

Barefoot Bob
10-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Here is what he had to say.......Hey do you have a ghost in the shop? That second photo of your lower unit looks like you have a cross between Joe Camel and ET looking back at you if you tip your head to the left and look at your reflecion taking the pic

GP-1
10-27-2004, 09:21 AM
We're gonna change your name from Barefoot Bob to "Bling Bling" Bob....:D :D

Barefoot Bob
10-27-2004, 09:29 AM
Did you see the Camel Pic in my gear case??? Its pretty darn cool
He told me he see's things like that now since he had lazer eye sergery:D He said it would be cool if he would be able to see through cloths like the Sony cameras could a few years back. Then I would be making an appointment with Dr. Suffy

TACO
10-27-2004, 09:50 AM
SORRY TO TELL YOU BOB BUT WATER FLOWS OVER A ROUGH SURFACE BETTER THAN A SMOOTH SURFACE. BUT IT LOOKS GOOD. YOUR NOW A MEMBER OF THE JASON HUBER POLISHING CLUB.

Ripper
10-27-2004, 10:09 AM
There is a huge Dist. that lives in Winona MN. He works with me at TRW... I will post his info and how to order from him shortly. He is the best priced I found on it around...

Ripper

(Taco, I admired your boat at GPI last week... It looks fast even standing still...)

ProComp
10-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Just soda blast from the nose down to the skeg. :eek:

Maybe blast a flame pattern Bob. Its a long winter ya know!

ProComp

TACO
10-27-2004, 10:42 AM
IT"S FOR SALE. BOB IF YOU"RE GOING TO TELL THEM ABOUT WIZARD THE MIST AND SHIN IS THE BEST QUICK SHINE I"VE USED

Barefoot Bob
10-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Thats a good idea...That would look sweet.

Taco..I will sacrifice a bit to look good. Accually I ran the fastest I have ever ran the last time out. Maybe it was the polish;) not bad for a motor with tons of hours on and probably needs rings. Or could it be that hydraulic steering...LOL

Ripper...I know the guy you were talking about. Cant remember his name but I met him about 15 years ago. He has a real nice old Mopar and I think his wifes name was Bunnie... Close to Bambie anyway...LOL

Barefoot Bob
10-27-2004, 10:49 AM
If you love the mist and shine you have to use his blue towel with it. It was desined for it and works awsome. He recomends doing the mirrors in the house with it too. I told him I tried it on some of the glass windows in my house and it works great there to. Looks like I will need a 55 gallon drum to do them all

GP-1
10-27-2004, 11:01 AM
I heard that if you use it on your mirrors it makes you look bigger when you flex in front of the mirror, huh??:D

Barefoot Bob
10-27-2004, 11:03 AM
I forgot to door the mirrors in my gym:D :D ;) Thanks Gary:)

Ripper
10-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Then I'm doing the mirror above my bed!

Barefoot Bob
10-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Ripper
Then I'm doing the mirror above my bed!

DUDE....I had that in my old house...You need to get with the times:D :D :D Now I just plug the Vireo camera into the AV jack on the front of the TV and I am in the movies...LOL:D

GP-1
10-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Thanks Bob....

There's a movie we don't need to see...

jbf2002
10-29-2004, 01:23 PM
gps-1

so how many girls have you met by the "brass pole"?

j.f.

GP-1
10-29-2004, 02:09 PM
What's a brass pole?????

It really hurts to get hit in the head by a 15 lb silicone "object"..

joey jamz
12-23-2004, 04:25 PM
15 lbs. mmmm that a nice fake boob ;) ;) ;)

Dtile
01-08-2005, 12:19 AM
How does one get the polish look on the speedmaster, I have two and would rather not take them off. Can it be done? I have the brushed look.

Barefoot Bob
01-08-2005, 10:45 AM
What I would do is start with 320 grit on a DA and work your way up to 600 grit. Then go after it with the polish and a high speed buffer.

150aintenuff
01-25-2005, 10:54 PM
how about this for fun..... polish all above bullet and then blast the bullet and skeg in a liniar flame that would rival West Coast Choppers Flame jobs... add som BLING BLING factor And gain top speed???

THE HOSER
01-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Barefoot Bob

Start at the beginning please. How did you do that to the gear case
it looks really cool
and did you loose any speed from it?

Barefoot Bob
01-27-2005, 09:38 AM
The gear case started its life as a polished Sportmaster. But as everyone knows they dont stay looking very nice, unless you go after it with a polish every time you get it out of the water. I have the same problem with my air chair foil.
If your aluminum or stainless already has a smooth finish its real easy. If it doesnt you will need to sand it till there are no scratches at all. Then just get yourself a wool pad and a high speed buffer. Put some of the wizards Metal Renew on the pad and have at it. Doesnt take long at all and its a mirror finish. Fot the hard to reach spots I used an asortment of drill buffs that I can get for you also. All the prices for the products are on the web sight http://wizardsproducts.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PLST&Store_Code=WP After its all polished you apply Power Seal by hand and just wipe it off. Let it sit for 48 hours as instructed on the power seal bottle and your ready to go. in between buff jobs, you can mantain the shine by applying Power Seal in between uses. That takes about 5 minutes.
The day I went out and tested the gear case I gained 1 mile per hour and ran the fastest I have ever run. 100 MPH
I can help out anyone that needs the product by selling then at dealer cost. Just give me a call at 1-507-359-1197

Thanks, Bob

stokernick
01-27-2005, 09:41 AM
why does looking at that gearcase make me think of MarilynMonroe???

Cp
01-27-2005, 09:44 AM

Ya got me. Why? :confused:

GP-1
01-27-2005, 03:59 PM

That's a tough one... Are we talking about the same Bob??