PDA

View Full Version : need sum technical advise...

T-REX
05-12-2001, 08:23 AM
Need sum good advise in rigging my 120 boat...I can't find any good place to hide the Nitrous bottle...I tried it in the fuel tank, but it floats when ya fill up da tank...dey ain't no hidden compartments, and tha midsection git too hot...Chris Ray, I know U did a good job of hidd'in yers, cuz I ain't been able ta find it...so any help would be appreciated...I know Marty's iz in da back of hiz lil boat, cuz tha nose stays so high...Now I know deys a lot of ole racers out der dat wuz good at use'in all availible sourses...so cum'on and open up...3rd place jus don't pay da x-ole ladies enuff ta keep'em quiet...

W. Tripp
05-12-2001, 08:54 AM
The bottle needs to be mounted closer to the driver. That way the lines do not have to be very long to connect to your helmet. Just tell the tech inspector that it is onboard air - and you wont mind running third place. BUT it does tend to make me a little slow about seeing the light turn GREEN.

Techno
05-12-2001, 10:26 AM
Smokie Yunik once mounted one on the driver so they could pass the Tech inspection. A tiny little thing, enough to help in just a few passes. Didn't work though the inspectors knew something was up and threatened to tear the enegine apart to find the illegal mod.
Try on top of the flywheel then you would get some added pressure from centrifugal force.
A billet fuel rail could be modified to be a small tank too.

Ray Neudecker
05-12-2001, 12:15 PM
Roark Summerford hid his under his Gentex. Small pony bottle.That big old water jacket would be a good place on an OMC.

stan merck
05-14-2001, 11:27 AM
JUST TAKE OUT ONE OR TWO PISTONS THATS A GOOD HIDING SPOT!!!

Ron V
05-14-2001, 04:44 PM
I would do something with a fire extinguisher. Empty one, gut it, put it back together with the bottle inside or something like that. Maybe you could run the hose through the back side of it and through the surface it is mounted on somehow. So you have two fire extinguishers in your boat--you're a more safety conscious boater....

Something else comes to mind, but don't know if it would work--my dad's boat came from the factory with a bleach bottle foamed in place with the spray foam flotation under the rear deck to act as additional flotation. If there is a place in the boat to add some "flotation", you might be able to go places with this idea too....even have a big removable piece that looks permanent.

6Killer
05-14-2001, 05:59 PM
I know the perfect place for it! It just might be a little uncomfortable when ya sit down! I gaurantee if ya put it there no one will ever find it or even want to look for it.

Six

T-REX
05-14-2001, 07:49 PM
I see why dey ain't lookin fer yo's now!!! wheeeuuuw!!!