PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's been a month - how do you all like the message forums?

Scream And Fly
05-12-2001, 08:20 AM
What do you like? What do you hate? Do you all like it more than the old ones? Let me know!

Regards,
Greg

Dewey
05-12-2001, 08:32 AM
Greg,
I've only been here for a less than a week so I don't know about the old format, but this is the best outboard forum I've seen yet. Lots of participation, lots of opinions, and lots of good people. I think I may stick around for awhile.

Bill

thumper
05-12-2001, 08:54 AM
DIDN'T like it at first! Like it now that I've started using it. The boards just keep getting better and better don't they??

Euroski
05-12-2001, 09:09 AM
The different "brands" moved over to the new format. STV, Hydrostream, etc... Other than that it's fantastic!

Rocket
05-12-2001, 09:35 AM
I liked the old format much better! This is too hard to see what everybody is saying. To much on one line! It is nice to have lot's of choices, but all in all, the old form was much more user friendly! Also you can't tell what you've already read.

Techno
05-12-2001, 10:15 AM
I've noticed that posts can go dead very quickley on this board. Also posts that should go dead go to the top and get more notice than the person probably intended. (the junior thread)
I still have to use the right mouse button to open all the links, so there is no diff there.
If it makes it easier for you then I have no problems with the new board.
There should be something like the smiles and Vb links to explain all the different functions of the board though.
I do like the part about how many members are on the board(300+ not the active) Kind of shows the interest level. Which gets back to the use of the board thing. A lot of new people and heres this mega thing staring them in the face.

I would like a direct link to the home page rather than the home link to home link link link. Or a post by you to say check the home page for an update.

AlaskaStreamin
05-12-2001, 10:55 AM
It took a little while to get used to this new forum. I only wish I hadn't posted on the Junior thread cause I get e-mail notification every time someone posts. I like the notification other than that. Keep up the great work!!

Looks like I can disable the e-mail on the Junior post by un clicking the box on that thread. Just read the FAQ. Sheez!! Wish I had read that earlier. :o).

Balzy
05-12-2001, 11:46 AM
You just have to learn to use all the tools. Search, e-mail, "view new post", etc. I also would like to see a link to the main outboard home page though. Thanks for all your dedication Greg and crew.

Gerben
05-12-2001, 05:20 PM
Really like the new forum since I got used to it.

Sure wOuld like to be able to exclude alle the for sale posts in the "view new posts" option.

This board sure is alive and kicking!

Thanks for all the hard on this board. Thanks also to everybody who makes this forum to what it is....

Greetings,
Gerben

XBuddawg
05-12-2001, 08:11 PM
It was easy at first to go check responses. After a month now, there are so many threads, and responses, it makes things a little harder to find. HOWEVER, the "Check new Posts" link is the best part! After ya read what ya want, all ya have to do is check there for any new posts to old threads ya are watchin'. That works well!

Keep up da good work!

OH YEAH!!! and we can DO THIS!!!
http://xbuddawg2002.netfirms.com/omctail.jpg

Later, Buddy

Delta
05-12-2001, 08:44 PM
The "junior thread" was just my attempt to consolidate all the inevitable new posts regarding the 'junior' status into one.There were so many different ones.I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing!

Virus & Co:I think this forum has the best format I've ever seen.The features it offers are outstanding,with very little short comings.Once people learn more about its 'tools',it will become even more accepted.The only thing I regret is losing(for now) some of those STUBBORN old fogeys who aren't willing to accept a little change,resulting in us greener folks missing out on a lot of knowledge! Copperhead,I'm talking about cha! Thanks Virus,Delta

PS: Doh! I just remembered I can maybe delete that thread!
I'll try now.If I can't,Feel free to do it for me Greg!

Sleekster
05-12-2001, 10:18 PM
Its really been great. I need to spend more time figuring out the options to follow some threads better. Feels like a five star. The 'ol standard form got to be like a Motel 6 on a Friday nite at times. I don't miss it.

Thanks for all your hard work. Met some really nice people thru this board, and have plans to meet more face to face. I feel very fortunate.

rl
05-12-2001, 10:49 PM
thank you greg for all your hard work and dedication, it is greatly appreciated, thx. again rl lanham in ky.

05-13-2001, 06:34 AM
Yours is the best! Now lets figure out which Chat room to use........

T-REX
05-13-2001, 08:13 AM
I like sum of the new board and I miss sum of the old one...But hey, kan't have ya cake and eat it too now can ya?? Good job in any case...REX

Scott Gilmore
05-13-2001, 08:42 AM
I like the new board much better, it's easier to use than the old ones. I like that all the info is on one main page. AND BALDY .............quit talkin about using your TOOL ! Also it would be nice if we all could decide on the same chat room for monday nights. Scott(I need a drink) Gilmore

Rocket
05-13-2001, 09:18 AM
I will try and get along! Love ya Scream & Fly Thanks for trying!

Todd
05-13-2001, 01:42 PM
I like the layout and ease of use. It is interesting that people migrate to the different forums even though the topics don't always apply.

I like being able to choose email notification on thread replies.

It might be worth re-posting a help column for inserting pictures / URL's. It would be good to have a portion of the site to upload pictures to and then be able to post corresponding URL in Thread. This would make download much faster.

[Edited by Todd on 05-14-2001 at 07:01 AM]

Barney
05-14-2001, 01:36 AM
Especially if my image capabilities get turned on!

Markus
05-14-2001, 04:48 AM
I think it is great now that the traffic has picked up again. It seems like some people always disappear once a board changes to a new format, though. :-(

Scott
05-14-2001, 08:29 AM
Ive got some great Ideas from the board, seems easy to use and a wealth of information, opinions. Hope to meet Sleekster FTF this season! Would be nice to be able to post a PIC from time to time, if anyones interested in the Project Baha? Thanks for all your work, a friend runs a boxer rescue board so I'm familiar with the time it takes to keep it up. Thanks Again!!

RocketMan
05-14-2001, 10:07 AM
I like the new forums. Better organized, etc. Thanks for your efforts.

One question: on the old board I could tell, by a color change, when I read something. Is there an indicator now?
If it's there I can't see it.

Thanks Again,

Paul

RULE-1
05-16-2001, 11:24 AM
The old Board was getting alittle long in the tooth. I wish however we could show a photo in our signature like the corvetteform does. This board is Great though, Thanks!

AnthonySS
05-16-2001, 11:35 AM
Dear VIRUS,

This new forum ROcKS! I love all the features that make this one a keeper!

Thanks a ton for your efforts as it is much appreciated by me and many others,

Sincerely,

AnthonySS

Rickracer
05-16-2001, 08:07 PM
Keep up the good work!!!! And many thanks.

Jay Smith
05-17-2001, 07:17 AM
Got to admit I like the old board better, because you could scan the old board alot quicker to see who said what and what thier feeling was about a subject. That is why I don't read and post as often on new boards it's to time consuming and that is one thing I have'nt got is time to hunt and pick through a chat board to get information I am interested in !

Just my 2 cents!
Jay @ JSRE

Greg Moss
05-17-2001, 08:04 AM
the only thing about the new board that is better than the old board is the ablility to attach pictures. the new board take to long to scan through, load and see what is worth replying to. The old boards where much easier to use and load. if someone started a board like the old formate i think it would kill this one. I think like Jay said it is the reason he doesn't post here as much and that there are others that don't post here for the same reason.