PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new Z-71 Tahoe

at100plus
10-03-2004, 09:55 PM
What a deal. GM had a 72 hour 72 month 0% offer so I jumped on it cause I'm a family member of a GMAC employee, I got $7200 off this truck $1500 rebate and 0% for 6 yrs!!!

The only thing I couldn't find on a lot near here was one with a sun and fun package, so I need to find someone to install a DVD and a subwoofer. I want the headrest monitors. Anyone around here do entertainment system installs?

at100plus
10-03-2004, 10:05 PM
gray leather and 3 rows of seating!

CDave
10-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Hope ya have better luck than I've had with my Z-71.

1BadAction
10-03-2004, 11:13 PM
:eek: hope you own stock in exxon :eek: nice truck... I would refer you to a guy who does some of the cleanest stuff around, but he is in lehigh :p

Scream And Fly
10-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Nice truck Mike :)

Greg

at100plus
10-04-2004, 06:32 AM
CDave what has gone wrong with yours?

Shouldn't be any worse on gas than my V10 Dodge.

progression22
10-04-2004, 06:38 AM
mike,
You are better off buying the whole set headrest with the tv's in them, I have a really good guy my me. If you want i could set you up with them
p.s great looking truck

CDave
10-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by at100plus
CDave what has gone wrong with yours?

Shouldn't be any worse on gas than my V10 Dodge.

1995 Z71 ext cab. Bought it used in 98 and it has been the biggest POS I've ever owned. I got a Chevy instead of a Ford because of the better MPG. Basically I bought a lemon.

So far I've replace, starter, water pump, alt, windshield wiper motor, A/C controls in dash, A/C compressor/dryer/orifiace tube, Cursie Control, front brake calipers, rear wheel cyl., Master cly, power steering pump, Engine, Rear Diff., drivers side inside door handle and Front CVshafts.I've got around 7K in repairs in this POS.

Bad part is the engine broke in N.C. so I had to pay for labor and the rear diff went out in Miss. so once agian I was stuck with a big labor bill.

Also the front diff quite working. And a new accuator didn't solve the prob. So now I'm looking at having to drop the front diff and tear into it to see what is going on. I've spent so much money on it now I might as well drive it until the wheels fall off. No sence in selling someone a truck I've put in great shape just to have to start paying a truck note agian.

One more thing, the turning radius sucks!!!

blkmtrfan
10-04-2004, 08:12 AM
At100+, I really like mine, the newer ones really are great. Awsome tow rig, would tow my 7,000 lb cruiser with no problems. BTW nice color Mike ;)

C, Dave, I also have a 1994 Full size Blazer as my work truck and compared to my newer one it really is a POS

TheJuicyClam
10-04-2004, 08:15 AM
A company called Myron-Davis makes TV headrests. They match your interior and make headrests with the TV's in them already. So they are pre-rigged and there is no cutting. Also, you get to keep your old headrests if u ever want to sell the car without the TV's. But Progression22's guy is good. Depends what you want to do.

at100plus
10-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys. Yea, I would never have bought an older GM. I only bought this cause I heard they are better nowadays, and the deal couldn't be beat.

I remember everyone I know with a lat 90s GM had the fuel pump go at least once and leave them stranded.