PDA

View Full Version : Why are my avatars always blurry

j.iverson
10-01-2004, 01:48 PM
I use Adobe Photo Shop Elements 2.0, and when I resize to the max 100x100 pixels, the image is still always too large. By the time I get it to fit it ends up being tiny and compressed so much that it's blurry. Yet some people have larger and clearer Avatars, Help :confused:

Dukeofchippewa
10-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Email me an original pic, I'll see what I can do.

Hydrovector
10-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Is that one of the pictures I put in the Gallery? If it is.
I had to reduce it from a larger file If you want the full picture let me know then you could try to use that and see if it becomes clear.

pyro
10-01-2004, 05:24 PM
1. every time you open and re-save a JPG it adds more compression and distorts it more. If you mess up and save a bad image, revert to the original saved image and start over. Keeps it clean that way.

2. In your re-sizing options, set it to "bilinear." The image will usually be clearer, less stair-step effect.

3. When you save, set the compression slider to the middle, maybe even a little more compression for something like an avatar.

Not sure why your file size was coming out too big. The severe compression on the fuzzy image has reduced its size to a hair over 1 K. Mine is a bit over 3 K.

j.iverson
10-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Duke, if I don't figure it out, I'll send it to you, thanks.

Mike-I actually took that pic in New Ulm with a 3.3 mp camera.

Pyro, I think I'm doing as you say, except my compression is usually set to the right of middle, maybe that's why I get a file too large. Whenever I resize pics to 640x480 for posting, they always come back too large too. Perhaps my compression setting is too far to the right. I always save as copies, so that the original remains unaltered. I don't know, but this can get frustrating at times.:confused:

SleeveA
10-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Doc.
Maybe it's cause your so fast:D

Doc.... Go with the blur,,, use the blur:p

Oh-Boy!!!! Dis is gona stick:eek: