PDA

View Full Version : Lake Alfred, FL. 9 & 10 Oct.

Jeff_G
09-25-2004, 08:41 AM
I am curious as to the turnout. I am working on all the FV guys I have "promises" from 5 so far. Trying on 6 & 7. How about it are the OPC guys in R5 going to support the race or just let racing slide? It is up to us.

us1ss
09-25-2004, 09:12 AM
I will be in Jasper racing my drag boat on Sat., I am contemplating flying back to Orlando and meeting my boat at the race site for Sunday. I haven't decided if it is worth it. Mike

I've heard of 3 or 4 SS boats being there.

spn#43
09-25-2004, 09:55 AM
I’ll be there for both races and we should get some Champ boat help for at least one race 10/9 and 10 or 10/30 and 31. I’ve got promises from 5 Champ boats plus the usual suspects from region 5 and that should make 8-9 Mod-U boats.

Mike,
Wayne told me you are going to join Champ Boat series next year, is it SST-120 or a Champ?

www.simonmotorsports.com (http://www.simonmotorsports.com)

gdfatha
09-26-2004, 09:34 AM
DAMMIT___ I told you guys months ago....

The OFFSHORE NATIONALS are at Deerfield on those dates..

marc

Lamar--Please take some free photos for me...:D :D I'll trade you for OFFSHORE photos...:eek:

SPN43.. Don't forget to refill oxegen and fire extinguisher..and to paint arrow "This side up" adjacent to cockpit..:D :D

Also check tires on trailer...heh heh..

marc

spn#43
09-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by gdfatha

SPN43.. Don't forget to refill oxegen and fire extinguisher..and to paint arrow "This side up" adjacent to cockpit..:D :D

Also check tires on trailer...heh heh..

marc

:D :D :D

Thanks buddy...:p :p ;)

Wile E. Coyote
09-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Please keep this post updated....I would like to attend as a spectator, however, its couple of hour drive. ALL the water in central Florida is REALLY HIGH and full of crap from all the hurricanes. If the race is still happening great, but if it gets canceled due to water conditions some advanced warning would be good......save me some gas money......

Jeff_G
10-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Joe Phillips, who is putting on the race will be getting a report on the lake condition Monday and making a final decision. As of now everything is go. He is supposed to call me Monday late and I will post as soon as possible.
If for some reason the 9 & 10 doesn't fly the 30-31 is on and will be on a record course.

gdfatha
10-03-2004, 11:25 AM
YESSS!! I vote for the 31st....

marc

I'm an APBA member and I approved this post!!:D

BLACKBIRD
10-04-2004, 08:17 AM
went out and turned the key on the bird after it has been sitting since March. It is ready to rock!!!! as usual!! I am going all out ,,,,SS Mod -u and I even have a 9.9 to put on the back of my tennis shoes for a- stock. (would that be a tunnel hull???) Uh, can I run 60 if I put it in reverse??:D :D

gdfatha
10-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Welcome back Jeff

Many were worried about your physical and property condition after the hurricanes..

(note I did not include mental):D :D :D

BLACKBIRD
10-04-2004, 08:52 AM
mentality is a gonner:D :D :D

PARKER RABE
10-04-2004, 03:19 PM
ill be comming over with bill joule on sunday only , to run mod u ,he runs the joule yacht transport seebold ,#38 , hes got a fast mod u boat , so the guys better have there best prop on !:eek:

PARKER RABE
10-04-2004, 03:23 PM
i just talked to dean pink and he said bruce is the only mod u boat comming , is that true ? of so we arnt gonna come , it cost alot to get the semi ready and loaded to come over there , to race one boat ?

i saw post that there were gonna be alot , did that change ?

gdfatha
10-04-2004, 03:27 PM
HEY SPN #43....

How many of you guys are going to Lake Alfred??

us1ss
10-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Parker, Has Billy ever taken his rig to Lake Alfred? I can't get my truck into the pit area. It is too low to clear the Railroad tracks and too long to turn into the park. Hate to see you guys get there and not be able to park in the pits. Mike

spn#43
10-04-2004, 03:59 PM
As far as I know there should be about 7 or 8 Mod-U boats for this race and maybe few more on 30/31st.
Bruce; Terry; Jeff; #178; Fred; Billy maybe George and me.

gdfatha
10-04-2004, 04:45 PM
I just posted a few photos of Lake Alfred 2003. It gives a general idea of the pit facilities and ramp entrance..

I didn't plan on any racing photos but that funny lookin #44 deserved a shot...:D :D

I still vote for last week in OCT.

For photos of pits/general Lake Alfred area here is link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/gdfatha-date

marc

spn#43
10-04-2004, 04:57 PM
I didn't plan on any racing photos but that funny lookin #44 deserved a shot...:D :D

marc

WOW>>> :D :D :p and BTW new boat is in making.

I still vote for last week in OCT.

There are two separate races, one next weekend and another one last weekend of October.
Page

:)

spn#43
10-04-2004, 05:16 PM
"funny lookin #44"

:D :D

spn#43
10-04-2004, 05:21 PM
:p :p :p

One more "funny lookin #44" :p :D :D

gdfatha
10-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by spn#43
WOW>>> :D :D :p and BTW new boat is in making.

There are two separate races, one next weekend and another one last weekend of October.
Page

:)
============================
OHHH...

Thats great news.. I'll be in Deerfield for the OS Nationals the first week but will definitely be there the last week of October. Also great news on the new boat. Keep me updated please.

Anyone else goin to the OS Worlds in Key West in November??

Over 110 boats expected to rub..

marc

ATTENTION REGION 5 OFFICIALS:--SST45, 60,120, Mod U, kneeldowns and OB drags all raced that weekend at Lake Alfred. Soooo, ...it can be done....

Love and kisses

gdfatha
10-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by spn#43
:p :p :p

One more "funny lookin #44" :p :D :D

Did Seabold approve that non bottle-neck body design??:D

ApolloImaging
10-04-2004, 05:54 PM
I will be in Jasper this weekend and will be unable to make it. Does anyone know who is the event director for the races on the 31st and how to get in touch with them?

Thanks

Hey Marc check your pms;)

PARKER RABE
10-04-2004, 06:51 PM
mike thanks for the info !!! wow, we would be pissed , ill talk to billy in the morning and let him know , i guess ill just have to drive him over in the esclade and pull the boat on a regular trailer , we have all the little dolly trailers in the semi cant pull it on that ! we have some regular trailers, there just across town ! the other thing is that billy needs his golf cart to get around , because hes paralyzed from the waist down , and thats in the semi ?:confused:

so is the better weekend to be there the 30 and 31st i am so confused on all these race dates , we will come this weekend as long as theres a good group of boats there.

gdfatha
10-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ApolloImaging

Hey Marc check your pms;)
=============
Lamar,
I know I am older than you but I do not have any "pms" (pre-menstral syndrone) symptoms...:D :D :rolleyes:

Jeff_G
10-05-2004, 08:32 AM
The race on the 9 & 10 is definately on.
The race on the 30 & 31 which should be a record course is a go, although they are waiting for final approval from the surveyor. The race director is Joe Phillips 321 799-4595.
I will not be at the 9 & 10 but will be at the 30-31 race :(

gdfatha
10-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Thats the best Region 5 news I've heard in 3 years...

In advance this fan wishes to thank all that made this happen.

I shall see ya'll on the 30th and 31st..:) :) :) :D

marc

PARKER RABE
10-05-2004, 02:40 PM
oh great so no ones gonna show for this weekend :eek:

Jeff_G
10-05-2004, 05:07 PM
No, don't read something into something that isn't there. There should be a good show of all the OPC classes. In FV we were added at the last minute and there were some scheduling conflicts with a number of drivers, so not enough for a good show. So instead of driving 7 hours and sitting watching all the others have fun I will stay home and prepare for the 30-31.
We all need to support all the races we can. Sometimes other things pop up. I thank FORA for the opportunity, they are the ones bending over backwards to give us a place to race. But like I have been preaching, we have the drivers we just need them all to show and support all the races.

PARKER RABE
10-05-2004, 05:24 PM
hmmm i have a bad feeling that this might be a small race :o

spn#43
10-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by PARKER RABE
hmmm i have a bad feeling that this might be a small race :o

Well Parker,
It’s only a local region 5 race and not major series Champ; Apr or not even Ptt so yes it is a “small race” but on the end of the day only drivers and fans can make any race big or small, so if enough boats show for each class any small race can become a big one.
I did what I could for Mod-U class and invited Terry Rinker; Billy Joule; and two more Champ Boat drivers who are suppose to come for the next race on 30/31.
If every driver does the same for each class, our “small” regional races would become big and fans would love it.

Page

PARKER RABE
10-06-2004, 08:05 AM
i just got off the phone with bruce , im gonna call him on sat and see if theres more than 3 boats there, if so were gonna head over sunday !

PARKER RABE
10-08-2004, 04:48 PM
IS THE RACE STILL GONNA HAPPEN????? WERE ALL READY TO GO ! WE TESTED TODAY ! I WONDER IF WERE GONNA GET ANY BAD WEATHER B/C OF THE STORM IN THE GULF ...HOPE NOT