PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Eustis AOF Drag Nationals Canceled

Banker
09-23-2004, 10:54 AM
After much discussion we have decided that due to winds, rain chance percentage, and Hurricane Jeanne we have decide for safety and racer's expense to cancel the 2004 Eustis AOF Nationals.

At this time we do not see another opportunity to race this year due to conflicts with other race events already planned and the annual change in wind direction that will make Lake Eustis unraceable. I will be contacting all sponsors and we are already discussing a date for the 2005 April Spring Shootout.

If you have made reservations with Holiday Inn please call ASAP to cancel your reservation.

Again I am sorry to due this, but safety is our number 1 concern.

Regretfully,

Michael Price
President
Lake Eustis Powerboat Inc.

PRAOF
09-23-2004, 01:48 PM
I want to take this time to thank Mike and everyone for the hard work that was put into the first ever AOF drag nationals. Th weather just isn't cooerating this year. Look for really bigger and better things to come at Eustis in April. Also, I would like to let all of the drag boaters know that you are invited to the AOF national meeting in Ocoee, FL November 6-7. We will be presenting the official outboard drag rules to be adde to th rulebook. All discussion is welcome and come if you are a member or not. You can email me at
PresidentofAOF@aol.com for an update. I was planning on meeting many of you for the first time and thank you all so much for considering coming to our event. Keep up the good work.
Tony Staron

Mark75H
09-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Tony, will there ever be drags for smaller motors? 30, 40, 50 cubic inches? Super E hydros?

PRAOF
09-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Sam, I don't know why not. If you mean like Kilos or 1/4 AOF can have hem and has some very sophisticated equipment to put one on. All it takes isa club to do it. A lot of the records are now open as they are retired each ten years. Wish someone would work on it. tony