PDA

View Full Version : PBCC Rice and River Run

AnthonySS
09-23-2004, 09:57 AM
RICE AND RIVER RUN - Saturday October 02/04

This event is the final on water PBCC event for the 2004 season. This is an informal get together at AnthonySS’ Family cottage, on Rice Lake. It includes a river run on the Otonabee River, lunch stop at Elmhirst’s Resort and then a late afternoon of fly-bys and rides. For those who wish to hang around for some evening activities, there will be a live band performance too. Suitable for most boats however the run will be limited to 20 boats maximum due to docking availability. Large boats (over 21’) will require launching at Bewdley

If you would like to attend this event and require details, please email AnthonySS at: Anthony.santocono@kawneer.com

MarkHP
09-23-2004, 11:52 AM
When is it and is it open to non-PBCC members ??

AnthonySS
09-23-2004, 11:55 AM
THANKS MARK..

the Date is:

Saturday October 2, 2004

...and yes it is open to non PBCC members.

Let me know if you want to be put on the details list

STV Dreamer
09-23-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm in.....hopefully we can have the same weather conditions as the poker run....the river will be a riot.

AnthonySS
09-23-2004, 12:53 PM
No Worries RICH...I put my order in for it.;)

Suprisingly...I got 13 boats signed up already....and most are not regulars....

one guy coming that has not been to a club outing in about 10 years and he is bringing a rare Mandella...it will good to see Bob again

STV Dreamer
09-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Have to get out emails cuz alot of guys wont see it here in events!

I have 2 guys that have the Charger STV's who were interested if you don't mind a few more newbies.....will call Billy The Kid too....he has a friend w/euro for a col more boats.

Let me know here/email and I'll start to try a round up. This is an excellent lake to run!!

EXSTREAM EH!
09-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Anthony, Count me in. I will drag my rig with me. I sure hope the weather is better than last year :eek: I guess I will bring up the rear with my slow ride. Just let me catch up from time to time eh. :D Since you don't drink you can buy your pal from the states a real beer eh. ;)

EXSTREAM EH! GONE

Murph
09-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Keep the Weather coming. I will be there.

Fibertron
09-23-2004, 08:18 PM
i wish i could come, but i dont think i could even get into my boat right now, let alone push the foot throttle!!!

AnthonySS
09-23-2004, 10:08 PM
What's up Bryan?:confused:

Fibertron
09-24-2004, 12:08 AM
knee surgury, was up, two weeks ago, it turned out worse then they thought and now i cant walk for 4 more weeks, so my boating season got cut a little short.

chris_lacey
09-24-2004, 07:09 AM
Looks good for me, I'm scheduled to travel the following Monday.
MarkHP, email me or give me a call if you need local accomodation for this run. Austin, will be nice to see you again.
Now, shall I put on the chopper, or leave on the accelleration prop?

AnthonySS
09-24-2004, 07:41 AM
BRYAN,

Sorry to hear...hey if you can make it out, I am sure we can find you a ride...so please feel welcome to come, without a boat...give it a thought

AnthonySS
09-24-2004, 07:43 AM
BTW....

MarkHP and Bryan...send me email adresses, so I can send you details and directions on the event

chris_lacey
09-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by EXSTREAM EH!
Anthony, Count me in. I will drag my rig with me. I sure hope the weather is better than last year :eek: I guess I will bring up the rear with my slow ride. Just let me catch up from time to time eh. :D Since you don't drink you can buy your pal from the states a real beer eh. ;)

EXSTREAM EH! GONE

Austin, weather???? What was wrong with last years weather?

AnthonySS
09-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Then the sweet afternnon

chris_lacey
09-24-2004, 01:55 PM
It's always pretty calm tucked in behind White's Island anyway.
Neither wind, nor sleet nor dark of night....or something like that.
I know it will be an outstanding day, no matter what.

AnthonySS
09-24-2004, 02:05 PM
THAT"S RIGHT CHRIS,

Don't forget you and I have an advantage and I have been talking to Him daily on the subject of this run;)

Its going to be GREAT:D

chris_lacey
09-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Amen!

EXSTREAM EH!
09-24-2004, 03:32 PM
I guess you guys so far up north have an advantage in that respect. HE has been a little slow with the weather down here :D
3rd coldest and forth wetest in the last 100 years :(
Chris put on your best prop, you will need it to keep up with me. Besides I have to stay close to Anthony to make sure that buzzard of his makes it back;) Save me a spot at the dock.
Cheers!

EXSTREAM EH! GONE:D

Murph
09-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Anthony got the email and directions. This is going to be a blast of a day. I drive down to you place by truck and trailer and then almost make it back to my house buy boat. See you on the 2nd.

chris_lacey
09-27-2004, 06:35 AM
"Chris put on your best prop, you will need it to keep up with me."

Hehehehe.
Besides, Anthony says, no lake racing. I saw Anthony's Buzzard on Saturday. Very, very nice for a 25 year old boat. Made mine look like a scow.
I should have taken a picture though. At the dock that day we had his Vulture, my V-King, and my neighbours Vision at the next dock. 20', 18', and 16' all together.
Anthony: re your overheat. Take off those side covers and have a look. If necessary use a coat hanger of compressed air to clear the passages. I'm betting you have a blockage in that area.
See you guys on Saturday.

AnthonySS
09-27-2004, 07:41 AM
CHRIS,

You are far too generous with your compliments and there is no way your boat is a scow...we would all be so honoured to have a Vking like yours.

YES ...SURE enuff the covers came off on saturday nite and can you say "Debris". Further more...off came the the t-stat housings and PORT side was stuffed with silty Rice lake crap.

Cleaned it out went for a rip and it was great. Almost hit a dear swimming cross our bay tho...that was freaky.

Then Sunday went to take the family out and it up with weeds again...very frustrating....bad memories of CLE and t t-stats and low Stream Transoms. The T-stats are coming out for this weekend ...at least.

THANKS for the insight Chris and really liked your serene part of God's country you have.

BACK ON TOPIC.....18 Boats so far...looks like we will make our limit

chris_lacey
09-27-2004, 07:48 AM
"CHRIS,

You are far too generous with your compliments and there is no way your boat is a scow...we would all be so honoured to have a Vking like yours."

I like to say I have an 18' boat. Looks great from 18' away.

Spoke to MarkHP on Saturday afternoon, and he is coming for sure and he was trying to convince Glenn Francis as well.
See ya Saturday!

chris_lacey
09-27-2004, 07:54 AM
And, the weather network says:

AnthonySS
09-27-2004, 07:55 AM
Looks Good Chris

EXSTREAM EH!
09-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Man........ you guys are makin my teeth hurt! :D All those nice sweet complements your throwin back and forth! ;)
So Chris if you have an 18' boat and have to stand back 18' to look at it I guess since mine is a 17' 9" barge I figure I need to stand behind yours to look at mine eh. But if I do all I will see is the shine of your fine ride.:D OOOOH my teeth!
Anthony I can't wait to see your buzzard! And maby get a ride in it.
See you guys this weekend.

STV Dreamer
09-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey Anthony, you have a rundown of who is commingboatwise/size etc......did Billy The Kid confirm? still trying to get ahold of the 2 Charger STV guys from my area also if thats OK w/you.

Hey Austin, Chris look forward to seeing you both again and yes lets hope the water is good.

race#115
09-27-2004, 10:03 PM
looks like i will be tagging along with stv dreamer.the stator i have on my boat is not mine and i have to return it and cant get one by the weekend .tell me again why i changed my omc to this black piece of merc!

but i dont mind bringing some props for people to try i have a Ron hill 28p yamaha drag copy that works good on mine and a 4 blade 26p preditor.

chris_lacey
09-28-2004, 07:02 AM
26 Predator? I run a 24 Predator as my day to day prop, but can rev it past 7000. I'd like to try the 26. Come to think of it, I'd like to try both!
See you Saturday.
PS, trying to hit 900 posts today. Somebody ask me a question, or I'll have to do like some of the LI guys do, and just go to the boats for sale area, and tell everyone what nice boats they have.

AnthonySS
09-28-2004, 07:56 AM
Here who has contacted me and I still have not heard from some regulars ...so my 20 boat limit is right on

1. James Laughlin - Rampage
2. Anthony S. Santocono - Vulture, 200 Merc
3. Sal Gennuso - Vegas, 2.5 Merc Carb
4. Mark Nye, 22 Eagle, Turbine
5. Austin Plyem – Valero YT B/R, 175 Mariner
6. Pete Reagan – Vegas, 2.5 EFI
7. Bill Marner - STV Euro, 2.5 EFI
8. Art Azis - Voyageur – 200 Yamaha
9. Bob MacDonald 18’ Mandella
10. Steve Knight Voyageur 200 Yamaha
11. Richard Brown 19’ Stv PCS, 2.5 EFEI
12. Tony Virag Vking, 200 Merc
13. Wayne Hammond Vector 235 Johnny
14. Chris Lacey Vking – 235 Johnson
15. Chris Murphy 16’ Murphy – 115 Merc
16. Mark HP 18 Vista – 120 Johnson
17. Chris MacDougall Charger STV, 200 OMC
18. Kevin and Patricia Ward 20 RapidCraft, 2.5 EFI
19. Dave Rhame Vking, 150 OMC

AnthonySS
09-28-2004, 08:00 AM
OK...let see so CHRIS.....

When you getting married?;)

BTW....I will have 2 CLE cases by the weekend, One has broken drive shaft , other is complete, 1 2 hole, 1 3 hole...anyone want to trade the 2 CLE's for 1 SportMaster?

chris_lacey
09-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Gee, thanks for asking!!!
Oct 29th. 4 posts to go, then I aim for 1000.

AnthonySS
09-28-2004, 08:35 AM
THANKS CHRIS,

Gee I can't remember you Dog's name...I know it was something nautical and fast boat related;)

Was it:

YamaDOG?
DOGliner?
HydroDOG?
:D

The kids really had fun with him on saturday;)

chris_lacey
09-28-2004, 09:03 AM
YamaDOG?
DOGliner? <- this one killed me!
HydroDOG?
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! That is hilarious!
His name is 'STREAM, and he is still putting up a valiant fight over his cancer. Doctors gave him a couple of weeks, a couple of months ago. I had him out in the boat Saturday night.

<'((><

AnthonySS
09-28-2004, 09:08 AM
FUR sure...I did not not foget his name...just trying to get you up to 900 posts..;)

Guys I almost forgot...I have 4 band mates that need rides. I will take 1 plus another freind (Chuck)...makes 3 in my boat ...so I am hopeful we can get the other 3 rides...any offers?

THANKS

chris_lacey
09-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Yep, count on me for a band member, or two. I'm bringing my camera, so they can take the "action shots'.

AnthonySS
09-28-2004, 09:15 AM
THANKS CHRIS...I am sure STEVE would like to ride with you again...he quite enjoyed the time with you last year

1 more post to go

chris_lacey
09-28-2004, 09:27 AM
STEVE......, thanks for reminding me so I didn't have to look like an idiot when I met him again this year.
900. Now I better do some work, and get off this board.

STV Dreamer
09-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Anthony looks like a great turnout....as for rides...... Looks like I'll have Race#115 and Andrew with me.

Is Mark Nye actually bringing his turbine to run??? that will be worth the price of admission alone....I'll bring the hotdogs...LOL.

AnthonySS
09-28-2004, 09:38 AM
YES SQUIRTII will be on hand....Mark was one of the first to sign up...don't forget your ear plugs;)

...cool too hear Andrew and Brian will be with you

AnthonySS
09-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Not a great pic...but here is SquirtII

race#115
09-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Andrew and should put all our parts together to make one boat that runs and wont sink.:D

AnthonySS
09-28-2004, 12:30 PM
SORRY GUYS,

James has informed me that Mark Nye can't make it:(

STV Dreamer
09-28-2004, 12:38 PM
WELL! I was expecting to see a JET BOAT and HUGE FLAMES!
Isn't this the "Farewell to Rampager Tour"? and it's the end of the season....what do ya say James. LOL.

AnthonySS
09-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Just found out Pete Reagan can't bring the boat. He Broke his arm...the old fall off the ladder story;) ...doing something for the wife

He may come for the Party...if he can drive a car:confused:

EXSTREAM EH!
09-28-2004, 03:52 PM
You guys know that you NEVER help around the house during boating season :D

EXSTREAM EH!
09-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Pete, Bummer! Hope you heal fast man.
Chris I just hit 115 posts MAN I'm smokin now:D
OH dam this could have been two posts!

EXSTREAM EH! GONE :D

P man
09-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Hey Anthoney Id love to come pop in for a while (boatless of course)
Sounds like you are going to have quite a turn out. Just keep praying for the good weather.
If thats ok could you shoot me some directions?

AnthonySS
09-30-2004, 07:37 AM
Bill Marner can't make it now...he sold his boat....DREAMER must have bought it...

funny I was going to ask Bill to keep me in mind if he ever thought of selling it......but I thought...naw....that guys is going to keep that one for a long time;)

chris_lacey
09-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Bring rain gear. Weather network says:

AnthonySS
09-30-2004, 07:57 AM
A full face helmet is good too to keep the rain bullets from pelting your face and don't forget some RainX on the visor...it will be a blast:D

race#115
09-30-2004, 08:14 AM
we are going to look funny trying to hold a umbrela in Richards stv at 100.:D

chris_lacey
09-30-2004, 08:35 AM
I hope at least you're going to hold it over Richard. All the more motivation for bringing/accepting passengers.

AnthonySS
09-30-2004, 08:47 AM
River Run 1999...it was wet so here is waht the STV looks like with an Umbrella...it even had cute fishy's on it.

I kept thios in the boat at all times ...for sun or rain:D

AnthonySS
09-30-2004, 09:18 AM
OK...so The calls are coming in and folks are sure interested in letting me know the forecast for the weekend....

So YES... there is a rain date ...which means, we have a date with the rain on Saturday:D

I have said this many times....

"I have had some of my best boating days in the Rain";)

BTW...I have pretty serious head cold that I hope gets better soon...I NEVER get colds in the summer:confused:

chris_lacey
09-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Rain date? Wimps. All ya need is something so your butt isn't too wet at lunch.

11:50am, 980 KRUZ (Peterborough)is reporting only 40% chance of showers Saturday.

STV Dreamer
09-30-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm in! 40% chance of rain means it could rain for only 40 minutes....right :rollseyes:

Brian you have to come and be my ballast....this new labbed cleaver is freaky solo. LOL. PSST it was 106 and still pulling....did I scare you that much!

Saw Bills boat at Speedy's and heard the news....very suprised but he did come from a 24 '. I do like the Euro alot but there was an ultra super minty extra sweet wicked '02 RR at the shop that I drooled all over....best of everything.....very low hours and on 3rd owner... BUT I'll never get out of the ProComp.....I love the hump. Now the 350 HP race block that runs 107 octane tweaked my interest:D and the possibilities of making it into a centre steer. ohhhh yeah.

ALSO, we think we saw a Murph boat at the dock today. You would of been proud Murph it was in great condition....the guys said it was 1 of only a few made.

I'm in like Flynn......duckgear is packed. Look forward to seeing ya'll.

race#115
09-30-2004, 09:43 PM
I will just bring my bike racing rain gear i know it will be fine at 100mph .and yes i must say that prop is abit scary when you let off but my old allison fell off the pad the same way when you let off:eek: but after some seat time i got used to it .if you want i will bring my lead balast bags ,all my boat needs is 20lbs in the right side (but my wheel is on the left )and it is a total different boat .the guy i got the boat from had 4 bags in it ,i moved two forward and took two out and it balanced perfect.

plus i would have felt better if i was wearing my lifeline.if we had crashed all that ski vest would have done at that speed is let the cops know that there was two people in the boat.;)

Riverman
09-30-2004, 09:51 PM
It's gonna snow here tomorrow!!

STV Dreamer
09-30-2004, 10:04 PM
I knew you were crapping. Re: the ski vest....atleast it was regulation and you wouldn't have gotten a fine cuz it has the Coast Guard certification. HAHA.

I think you just told everyone in a roundabot kinda way that I need more seat time....THANKS!
Whether or not Andrew shows and rides with us....your in the back.:D

STV Dreamer
09-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Race#115 go to "Gen. Discussion" under smaller boat ideas.....guy stole your Avtar :confused:

race#115
10-01-2004, 09:19 AM
not meant as a insult it is just like anything the more practice you get the better you get :D but you even looked suprised when you let off ,and when i was on the dock and it started to sponson walk on you the guys on the dock were saying OH no he is crashing !it did look like a scary ride :eek:

and the back seat may be safer atleast i know you wont be backing in to something:D

Andrew call me last night he will be coming but he has no ride ,his truck died, so we will sort that out .god aleast my car runs:D

EXSTREAM EH!
10-01-2004, 09:58 AM
Don't you guys wimp out now! Its 10:45 am friday and I'm headin north to Gods country. Only 8hrs and 450 miles and I will be there!:D Then back to the cottage to close up for the winter. Then I get to drive home. All this for a boat ride....... am I crazy!
No coments from the peanut gallery. ;) See you all on the lake.

EXSTREAM EH! GONE :D

STV Dreamer
10-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Have a safe drive Extreme and we'll all see you Saturday.

Sponson walk!!!!! so you mean its not supposed to do that sorta thing at 90.....see I learn something new everyday. KIDDING of course. Getting acquainted with a new prop....seriously not wreckless at all.

Brian, you and Andrew going in your car? or were you guys gonna drive up with me....need to know before too late so I can decide which route to take.

Murph
10-01-2004, 02:00 PM
STV Dreamer, yep that would be this boat with a different motor. I just called my buddy that owns it and he said that Yamaha was putting another motor on the boat. The last one was a dog. Did you happen to see if it was running. My buddy is tring to get it back for the weekend but they haven't called yet. Got the rain suit ready, I am comming no matter what. I always get wet following your guys spray anyhow so it won't make a big difference to me, ha ha. See you all tomorrow.

http://forums.screamandfly.com/Gallery/data/500/446513_Blue.JPG

STV Dreamer
10-01-2004, 03:37 PM
That was it Murph and ye I think they had it running.
Brian said he watched the 2 mechanics gently persuade the flywheel off with a large screwdriver and hammer:eek:

We kinda knew it was 1 of yours. See ya tomorrow.

chris_lacey
10-04-2004, 06:59 AM
I posted some pictures under the general discussions.