PDA

View Full Version : TWO THUMBS UP for Sam Baker and the April 14 boating bash!

Ron V
04-16-2001, 12:38 PM
A BIG “hats off” to Sam Baker and gang for an awesome impromptu get-together on Saturday. What a way to kick off the new boating season! Got sunburned and windburned and had a great time in the process! Thought I was coming to test a prop or two in the morning, maybe go to lunch, and then go home. Turned into a 12 hour boating bash! Sam's Allison, two Hydrostreams, a Baker tunnel, a Laser LTV, a Crownline, and my Rapid Craft hit the water and cruised the Fox Chain with things kicking off at around 1 PM (after some tinkering around with motors and props at Baker Marine). Saw the entire Chain (some of it twice), making four stops--the first and last of which were Famous Freddie’s Roadhouse, which always has awesome food and a great crowd. The weather couldn’t have been better, though it got a little nippy later on in the night during the cruise back to Baker Marine in the dark. Not enough to bother us northerners though. Things finally wrapped up at Baker’s with some good trailer loading antics just before midnight.

Again, it was great to meet everybody who came and spend a day on the water with them. All of the attendees were a lot of fun to meet and go boating with. What a season opener. Thanks again Sam for having us, and thanks to everybody there for being really cool to spend the day with. And thank you, God, for keeping us all safe, keeping all of our engine parts where they belong, and for keeping my motor from overheating again.