PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas

BathTubBabe
09-09-2004, 09:19 AM
on how to get my pc to complete it's boot up. We install a new wireless card because the old one didn't work with the new hub. During this process we found out that my sound blaster card was having issue with the mother board. We removed it and the computer worked fine. We installed it again and the computer started having problems again. We removed it again but we didn't removed the software. the computer was turned off and now it wont complete the boot. I can't get it into safe mode and when I did, it locked up and I had to restart. This computer doesn't have anything fancy on it. I like it that way. Less things to mess up on it. Looking for any idea other then a complete reformat of the system. I have two hard drives. I use one for all the cuties stuff I like to save and the primaily is only for programs and to house the windows system.

joey jamz
09-09-2004, 06:07 PM
sound like a irq confilct try changing the slots the cards are in or the irq#'s in the bios

Markus
10-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Barb, consider a Macintosh the next time.

It is like going from a modified 1984 235 hp OMC to a new Mercury 300x.

I changed my home machine to a Mac about a year and a half ago, and I will never go back to Windows.