PDA

View Full Version : hey mike

superboat 21
11-26-2001, 11:16 PM
hey mike how are you? this is jim i was talking to you about a month or so ago . i have a 21 superboat also ,but with a bridgeport. i was wondering if you got a new top speed,and if you ever got to try that trophy prop? let me know if you heard any ideas to get more speed on these hulls? i been hearing the same stuff so i dont have nothing new to report,but stay in touch by the way thats a nice pic of your boat i seen . i have to get a pic of mine on here so i can show ya good luck jim

at100plus
11-29-2001, 12:49 PM
I just did a search on Superboat and found this post. (Never used the search option before).

Anyway, my latest top speed was at the Conn. River Run. I GPSed at 74.5. running my Bob's 10 in Hydraulic jacked as high as it would go before losing pressure, and my DAH worked 24 Chopper. I borrowed an older CLE for this event.

I returned homw to find that my head gasket is blown (75 psi on the bottom left), and there is a chunk out of the borrowed CLE from some rocks that we hit at slow speed. (I was following someone who I thought knew the waters but obviously didn't). We had fun though despite the damages. Pulled my powerhead off since, and it is sitting on my workbench waiting to be reringed. I am also planning on getting a set of heads.

Mike

superboat 21
11-29-2001, 04:34 PM
hello mike, so you think the CLE is getting you a better high end speed then the bobs gear case jim

at100plus
11-29-2001, 11:19 PM
I never tried a Bob's, I originally had a Sportmaster, and yes I think the CLE works much better. I hear a Bobs might even be better than a CLE.