PDA

View Full Version : Water/Fuel filter help.??.

Jeff "Yammer"
05-11-2001, 12:11 PM
Your knowledge is needed once again,

I have just installed an 18 gal. fuel tank and
will be running a Holley Blue pump and regulater.
My oil injection system has been removed for reliability
factors for the 7500-8500 rpm's I now will be turning.

****** This may be a dumb question but will a Racor
water seporater have any effect on the 40:1
mix I will be running*******

And the filter should go between the tank and pump?????

THANKS .
JEFF.

AlaskaStreamin
05-11-2001, 12:28 PM
Jeff,

I run the Raycore with mixed gas. No problem. It should go between the tank and the pump. Good luck!!

Jeff "Yammer"
05-11-2001, 12:51 PM
Thanks Ron ,

It would be nice to run with ya one day.
I'll call on you if I ever end up making a wrong
turn on the lake and end up in Alaska.

Thanks again!!
Jeff.

sosmerc
05-11-2001, 04:47 PM
I think it works better when you use the electric pump to push fuel thru the Racor. You could install a small clear inline filter (with 3/8's barbs) just prior to the electric pump if you are concerned about clogging the pump. I've had great luck with the Holley pumps....not such great luck with the Walbro units for some reason. I'm currently running a 7 psi Walbro to push fuel through my Racor to the engine and occasionally it seems to lose its "prime". I've got it mounted down low, yet on several occasions I've had to disconnect the inlet and prime it. So I have installed a Tee fitting with a Merc quick disconnect fitting just ahead of the inlet so I can easily use a remote tank to re-prime if needed. If I end up having to do this very often I'm going to ditch this pump and go to the Holley. I've rigged up fuel pressure guages on my dash for both my low pressure as well as my high pressure pump on the engine. My engine has the old "Laser" style EFI system.