View Full Version : End of season Lower Fox River Run

KaptainKirk
08-27-2004, 12:01 PM
November 6th........Rain/Snow or Shine.

Details to follow as I have them.

KaptainKirk
08-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Update
The restaurant/bar will be open for us at 10:00 A.M.
I am having food served at 4:30 to 5:00.
Gas will be available for us from 10:00 A.M. on...maybe earlier.
This will be 92/93 octane...at marina prices.
Anyone needing oil I will have a few gallons to spare of merc. hi-perf.
Launch is free
Parking is free just please follow marina workers directions on where to park.
Food is free.
Coffee/pop/tea... all non/alcohol drinks is free.
Cash Bar
Please tip accordingly, even though its free these people are there early for us!
So how about 10:00 we show,have us in the water and tied up by 11:30,drivers meeting at 11:45 and leave at 12:00 Noon.

The food time can be bumped up...I am creating the menu today.....it will be a modified list of their normal menu....but still very extensive to choose from.
This year it will be order what you want off the menu I am creating, so alot more than just chili and burgers like last year.
If you have eaten here before the food is excellent!
Also remember if we all go in at once they will have limited help this time of year so it could take awhile for food,so be patient!
If it rains or snows times are still good and we will have tv's set up with vcr tapes of boating so bring your tapes and we will just party all day in the restaurant.
They have a dart machine and a new golden tee machine.

More to follow.....
K.K.

KaptainKirk
08-31-2004, 07:23 AM
Classic Salads

Choice of dressing: Caesar, Ranch, Italian, Thousand Island or Balsamic Vinegar & Olive Oil.
Crumbled Bleu Cheese can be added to any Salad

Caesar Salad- Dinner Size
Traditional
Shrimp
Calamari
Chicken Breast
Side Caesar Salad

Super Sandwiches
Served with Cole Slaw, Pickle, Fries
Choice of bread: Bun, light rye, sour dough or white

Hamburger
Cheese Burger: American, Cheddar, Swiss, Mozzarella, Jalapeno Cheese
Blackened or Grilled Chicken
Turkey Club
Ham & Cheese Club
Italian Beef: Sweet or Hot Peppers
Italian Sausage: Sweet or Hot Peppers
Beef & Sausage Combo: Sweet or Hot Peppers
Patty Melt: Served on light rye, with grilled onions & melted Swiss cheese

Pastas
Includes House Salad
Port Barrington Special
Angel Hair pasta with fresh tomatoes, garlic and basil
Farmers Special
Angel Hair Pasta with tomatoes, mushrooms, goat cheese in a creamy white wine sauce.
Rigatoni Victoria
Rigatoni pasta with Italian sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, in lemon butter sauce.
Olio e Aglio (Garlic and Oil) with Broccoli
Fettuccini Alfredo (Egg noodles in a tasty cream sauce)

If needed there is also a childrens menu included.
Remember no alcohol is included all other drinks are included with the above.

????

K.K.

KaptainKirk
09-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Thank following sponsors so far :
Bill Gohr / Gohr Performance
BP

john w
09-12-2004, 12:48 PM
FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD IS IT READY YET. I CAN'T WAIT

sleekcrafter
10-10-2004, 09:12 AM
KK, sounds like a great time, an awsome close to a strange summer. I've never ran with you guys before, but have met up with Ron V before, and Aircraftman, well worked with him for a few years. Would you guys mind if a few other boaters joined in? I know the area, and have the chain sticker.

Thanks in advance:)

KaptainKirk
10-12-2004, 08:24 AM
TTP

Brad Zastrow
10-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Holly and I will be there. Even if I need to wear a snowmobile suit. I will bring the Warlock. I have found some serious speed in that boat in the last few weeks. It needed more setback and bigger props. I assume the "River Run" is at Port Barrington?

KaptainKirk
10-12-2004, 11:01 AM
See ya there !!

TeamSunset
10-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Does one need a permit or sticker that late in the year? or is law pretty quiet on the water in Nov?

KaptainKirk
10-15-2004, 02:23 PM
locks are closed and the law for the most part is usually non- existent!

Local law enforcement for where the launch ramp has been notified and will be doing drive bys.....He enjoys boating as much as we do!!

john w
10-16-2004, 09:56 AM
BARRINGTON MOTOR SPORTS. AS FOR THE POLICE DON'T WASTE YOUR $ ON A CHAIN STICKER. I SEE THE POLICE BOAT ONCE A DAY THATS IT. THE RIVER IS PRETTY LOW. I SPOKE TO 2 PEOPLE IN LAST WEEK THAT HIT SOMETHING UNDER THE RT 14 BRIDGE. DON'T GO SLOW.STAY ON PLANE. IS THE FOOD READY YET.

Jeff "Yammer"
10-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Ya'll yankee's better look out naw. Canada is cominn back to town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

john w
10-25-2004, 09:36 AM
HAS BEEN PULLING CHANNEL AND NO WAKE BOUYS OUT ALL WEEK ALONG THE LOWER RIVER. IT'S ALMOST TIME.

KaptainKirk
10-25-2004, 11:07 AM
I like ta hear..... nuttin like runnin along the shoreline with someone behind ya and ya yank it to the middle.....look over and watch them fly over the dash as they beach themselves wondering why ya yanked over to the middle so fast :)

Always remember how water flows and settles in turns and you will be good....but for the few trees,cars, and sleds out there :)

Was almost tempted ta run sunday but gonna leave the boat all clean for the event.

See ya'll soon......

K.K.

john w
10-27-2004, 09:50 AM
MUSKIES - WALLEYES - MONSTER CARP. **** THOSE CARP COULD TEAR UP A LOWER UNIT. THE WATER IS COMING UP A LITTLE,THEY MUST BE OPENING UP THE LOCKS A BIT AT MCHENRY

KaptainKirk
10-27-2004, 10:28 AM
the hunters:)

tripledude
10-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Ya better warn the restaurant that Big John's comin'. Otherwise there won't be enough food for the rest of ya.

WARLOCK
10-27-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm definitely gonna dress warmer than last year. Plus this year I can tip a few back. cold beer and no cops...this could be heaven. Clyde, you gonna finally make your once a year appearance? Later, Dave

tripledude
10-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Don't know if I'll make it. Haven't heard if Jeff is going either??? I put antifreeze in the jet last weekend so it's done for the season. Sounds like I'd be able to hitch a ride from somebody. I'll keep you posted. If I come up and the weather is looking good, maybe I'll drive the GTO and run it against that Gohr Mustang (oops, I mean Shelby).;) :D

NPK2003
10-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Oh Boy!

Ally is in Three Lakes and two slow, STV Euro is "in recovery", so......, Do I bring a 1/4 Master and pound my buns off and freeze the balls at the same time?

OK, I'll bring the 1/4 Master and use your old, BUT now re-worked by DAH, 27 SRX!

Do you have the Riot drinking from a bottle yet?

Nicky!

PS: E-Mail me your phone numbers as memory on celly dumped. LOSER! This means you too!

Send to: npkaye@cybercnc.com

Food and Friends were GREAT last year, even though I got their late. KK knows how to do a "GIG!":D

NPK2003
10-27-2004, 10:10 PM
So I was "re-winding" to read more posts after posting 1st time above, when I noticed that KK was a BRONZE MEMBER!!

Kirk, did you bronze your balz's, bunz's, or baby shoes? :D

He-He! Ya gotta miss me and I'm still holding the King of Nickfest trophy as a hostage!

"SMACK"!;)

outboards4life
10-28-2004, 01:03 AM
Looking forward to this one. Can't wait to see you guys again. Kirk I owe you a couple. Don't let me forget:D See you all soon.
Travis:cool:

john w
10-28-2004, 08:43 AM
HEY CLYDE, NO REASON TO TELL THEM I WORK WITH THEM EVERYDAY. I HAVE A NEW PERSON IN MY LIFE,I DON'T EAT THAT WAY ANYMORE FOR NOW. LOST 22 LBS SO FAR. SEE YA SOON MY RAT IS GOING BACK TOGETHER TODAY.GOING BOATING FRIDAY 10/29/04 ON THE CHAIN.

WARLOCK
10-28-2004, 08:48 AM
JOHN IS IN LUUUUV!!! He finally gets some after 40 years and now hes in love. Wake up oh foolish one. Just kiddin around John. Later, Dave

tripledude
10-28-2004, 08:55 AM
For forty years, John's greatest sex fantasy was to have a partner!! ;)

Baja18
10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Does anyone need any??? I've got about 10 gals. of 110 thats already mixed with Merc Prem @ 40 to 1. I wont be able to burn it up before season end. Brad

WARLOCK
10-28-2004, 11:07 AM
You mean a live male partner above the age of 11. Ha Ha Ha, Later, Dave

KaptainKirk
10-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Nick will need that fuel so bring it.

Nick glad ta hear your coming and this year set your alarm clock so your a lil earlier.

Glad ta hear one of my old srx's is going to good use...as for my bottle fed baby....shes in the closet hiding out ta come out next year and feed on some poor fools:)
But I do have a different very special motor onda back ofda Riot so I will be boating...
Tell all the ladies they can come to.
They can always hang out in the restaurant....by the way everyone bring your dvd's we will have a player going in the restaurant.

As for you running a 27.....I will probably run a 30et.
I have ta run last for the first leg of the run...but the second leg ofda run is the fun part:)

One week left everyone...see ya'll there boats or no boats.

K.K.

Brad Zastrow
10-29-2004, 10:41 AM
For those not familar with the river. The bouys will be gone marking the bad spots. It is very important to know the few spots to stay away from. The only bad one is a sand bar about 3" deep nearly in the middle of the river north of the Rt176 bridge. Stay to the west there. The river is only about 6' deep in the middle so no shoreline running. Big cruisers in the summer do just fine with the bouys.

When all these two strokes go buzzing by, the people on shore will think the APBA is in town with a race. :confused: :confused:

racerx
10-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Rain snow are cold the canopy will be in tow.With a 32

aircraftman
10-29-2004, 06:11 PM
john,
why ya so hungry?

ill be dere runnin a 18 yammie turnin 15000 r's!:D

anyone gots a 26 yammie i can wreck ,... i mean borrow. Kirk??? ill buy it if i wreck it, of course. gladly pay you on tuesday for a prop today.

racerx, i hear your runnin in your skivvies with a space heater in the DR??:confused:

judging by the current weather we may be sweating. 75 today. WTF!!!!!

Dave, i will be at the garage!! make sure you got all that free beer ready!!!!!!!! bitch! -

:cool:

KaptainKirk
10-30-2004, 06:13 AM
I have a back seat open of course.

A-man don't I always have a prop for you ????:)
I have a river 26 I bought off Kurt ya can run.

One week and counting....Oh and by the way RACERX I thought the dr was sold ??

And can I get a pass in that canopy?

K.K.

john w
10-30-2004, 12:53 PM
WENT OUT ON FRIDAY 77 DEGREES. BURNED 23 GALLIONS OF 93 IN 3 HRS. KIM AND MYSELF WILL BE THERE, SEE YA SOON. I AM LOOKING AT THE RIVER NOW 45 MPH GUSTS.A LOT OF ROLLERS

tripledude
10-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Was beginning to wonder if Kim was a poster on your bedroom ceiling.:D ;)

TeamSunset
10-31-2004, 02:03 AM
Big blonde hair, a head full of teeth, red Danskin, nipple H'-ons.......Farrah!!!!!!! Sorry Jon, but Clyde is pretty good at painting pictures in his posts. :D

tripledude
10-31-2004, 08:28 PM
I remember that Farrah poster well. It was on MY bedroom ceiling.:cool: