PDA

View Full Version : need ideas for a cd player

montiboats24
08-27-2004, 02:32 AM
i need some ideas on where to put a cd player in my 86 checkmate enchanter where it is out of the way and not showing because i like to leave my boat in the water for the weekends.
Thanks,
Travis

Techno
08-28-2004, 02:33 PM
Skip the Cd player its obsolete.

Get one of those memory stick player things. Some of them can hold hours of music. Are solid state so no tracking probs and are tiny. You can take it with you too for more use and no theft.

BUT if I had to and getting to it isn't a problem. Either up under the dash, which could be inside a glove box. Or under the coaming, if you have a coaming that would work. In a glove box is a searchable location. Under the dash or coaming is somewhat reachable and not likely to be searched for goodies. Besides both are "water proof" since it unlikely it will rain or flood at these spots.

If you want it like a radio but not showing make one of those pods like a console. stick it in there and carpet the whole thing. Flip up the carpet flap covering it or something of that hidden nature. A glassed pod covered with carpet don't have to look nice so anyone can make one and is a nice accesory anyway for wasted space.

GP-1
09-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Yea.. I'd do MP3's, if possible.. If you have to use CD's, a changer is usually more skip resistant than a deck..

mendo
09-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Hide the amp somewhere real well and run an MP3 player that goes with you when you leave. All you see when it is gone is the small wire that plugs in to the headphone jack of the MP3 player.

montiboats24
09-05-2004, 09:28 PM
do you have to buy some special stuff or what?

GP-1
09-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Damn it... I wrote a big, long answer.. and my PC crashed when I hit "submit"..

Anyway, my point was that unless you want to spend a bunch of money, I'd just buy a CD/MP3 player and throw it in the dash.. Almost everything is removable face nowadays, so even if you didn't want to take it (the face) with you, you could hide it someplace in the boat..