PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Unlimiteds & Champ drivers

gdfatha
08-24-2004, 05:27 PM
I took the following from the OSO site.
For those of you going to San Diego and want to meet a true leader and gentleman please accept Steves invite. He always has time to talk to fans and other racers.

These are Steves words...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Friends,

Thanks for the kind words. Our final points race was Sunday in St. Clair Michigan and unfortunately the final heat was blown out. Prior to that we won heat 3 B against the Bud in what was probably the roughest race in my life. 30 MPH winds against the 6 knot current, and 3 to 4 foot rollers. On Saturday we were averaging 148 MPH laps, We won heat 3B at an average of 102 MPH and that was only by the grace of God!!!
The Bud was behind us and started coming apart and ultimately blew a hole in the right sponson on the final lap.

For the National points, Bud ended #1, Elam #2 and we were #3, all within about 60 points of one another. Llumar finished 4th. in National points only 7 or so points behind our team.

Our next race is San Diego in September. It's a non points race this year, but you can bet everyone of us wants to win the last race of the year.

Congratulations to the Bud team on their National High Points Championship. We tried real hard, but they were superior.

If any of you can make the San Diego event, please look me up. We've always got Oh Boy! O' Berto beef Jerky and (thru the kindness of the Bud Team) Budweiser!

Take care, and thanks again.

Steve David

Jeff "Yammer"
08-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Hope to be there to see the ChampBoat Rookie points leader take the crown.

Jeff