PDA

View Full Version : New Racing Venue

BLACKBIRD
08-20-2004, 11:30 AM
There has been much discussion here in the racers hang out about boat racing and what it needs. I wanted to start a thread to get some discussion on what the spectator would like to see. I realize that everyone may have there own favorite class but

I would appreciate it if you LEFT OUT CLASS IDENTITIES, we don't want to bring that discussion up here. Just talk about what you would like to see in a boat race.

This board is full of performance boating enthusiests and it would seem that this is where good spectators opinions would be.

how many laps, left turns , right turns , what way a race should start, pit stops, cautions, multi classes, marathons, closer to crowds, figure eights, boats towing cars, multi drivers ect ect..

It is my opinion that boat racing needs new venues, so let hear your ideas

BLACKBIRD
08-20-2004, 11:31 AM
I feel that pit stops would be a great asset to spectator involvement. It certainly works with NASCAR. this would bring a team effort in the mix. Of course new sites would have to be friendly to this, But it also might be easier to sell to a potetial sponsor.

Something like pulling into the dock, one member has to pull a safty switch to make sure the boat has not the abillity to restart, then another member can pull a 3 gallon removable fuel cell and insert another one. The safty switch can be reinserted and an official can give a green flag to go when he sees all is ok.

Ripper
08-20-2004, 11:41 AM
I agree, I would like to see more pit access, (Yes, I know the troubles it causes...) but the fans want autographs and to take pictures with the drivers / boat...

Ripper