PDA

View Full Version : Hop up book?

Joe Raimondo
08-16-2004, 10:48 AM
With all you High Performance boaters on this forum someone should know of a outboard hop up book.Something with basics and fine high performance tuning tips would be great.Thanks for any info. Joe R

Mark75H
08-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Two Stroke Tuner's Handbook by Gordon Jennings

out of print and highly sought after, sometimes you can find a lightly used or second hand version that has never had the spine cracked for a little over $100 (sometimes more :( )

Two-Stroke Performance Tuning by A. Graham Bell

almost the same info, a little more up to date, doesn't do the basics as well as Jennings

Two-Stroke High Performance Engine Design & Tuning by Ceasare Bossaglia

Spend $200 to by these 3 books and you won't regret it :)

Joe Raimondo
08-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the book information.I will try and locate them.Its really hard to find 2 cycle performance information.Thanks again Joe R

Mark75H
08-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Try www.alibris.com

or www.half.com (http://half.ebay.com/search/search.jsp?product=books&keyword=gordon+jennings&meta_id=1&inStock=n)

Joe Raimondo
08-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Mark75H, Thanks I found one of the three and orderd it today,alibris had the Two Stroke Performance Tuning. Joe R

onegun
04-15-2005, 04:19 AM
Don't know how legal this is, but I know thats a lot for a book. Found Jennings book in .pdf
http://edj.net/2stroke/jennings/

Mark75H
04-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Yeah, copyright violation extreme-o. As soon as HP Books or Jennings finds out about that site, it will be gone .... they guy might even have to pay royalites based on his site traffic .... dumb

Might even be a good idea for Greg to delete the link to avoid any complications of complicity

Dingie
04-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Onegun,you are a week late on the Two Stroke Tuner's Hand Book by Gordon Jennings I paid $130.00 for one in great shape got it this week .It is a great book and anybody interested in 2 srokes should check it out.Thanks for the help