05-11-2001, 02:21 AM
V8 MIRAGE JAG
Thinking of trying it any one have any input Thanks

Euroski
05-11-2001, 06:06 AM
That's my 2 cents

Greg Moss
05-11-2001, 07:00 AM
At West Lake A few years ago Gordon from monty Racing had one on a river racer. The power head was mounted on an OZ mid with a V6 lower unit. He ran it in the unlimited class and none of the Mercs even came close to catching him.I don't know what it would run on the top end but I bet it would be faster than Brad ever thought one of his boat would go. If you could get the mid cut down to lower the center of gravity it woould be a screamer that will really get allot of looks.

Bruce Washburn
05-11-2001, 11:47 AM
Keep in mind that all V-8's are not created equal. The motors that they ran in F1 were very different from the stock V-8. Gordon at Monty racing would be where I would start. He can give you the best information. Gordon is now running a V-6 OMC on his drag boat. Jack Boush at Full Throttle has Gordon's old V-8. He blew the boat over at Eustis. I think that for running the lakes and rivers you would be alot happier with a V-6. A merc Offshore SS would be hard to beat as an all around go fast pleasure motor. The SS has a 15 inch shaft which will lower the center of gravity and make the boat handle better. If you want a go fast OMC, Monty could build a stout V-6 as well. The boat will handle much better with the V-6.

wetvette
05-11-2001, 07:00 PM
Euroski thanks for the 2 cents.
GREG MOSS & BRUCE WASHBURN thank you for your input the V8 was built by MONTY RACING and I will keep you posted
Pat

thebone12
05-12-2001, 01:15 AM
Done up right a V-8 at 4.6 liters bored out with ALL the tricks is a monster putting out 450hp. Now with madefi.com putting out the toys with land and sea it is an appealing thing. Plus if it does not top any dam merc, you can have the joy of having the meanest outboard out there and if they really piss you off just challenge them to a pull off. With that thing hanging off the back, you can pull anything black or grey underwater! Just my 2 cents!