PDA

View Full Version : hard water spots

supercat
08-13-2004, 07:22 AM
I have seen friends use lime away and the works on their I/O drives . I decided to pick up a bottle and try it on my mid section and steering bracket etc. The label on both products read not to use on painted or polished metal or anodized aluminum surfaces. Any experience on whether this creates more of a problem with dulling or etching long term?

SKATER241
08-13-2004, 12:19 PM
IF USED FULL STRENGTH IT WILL DULL THE FINISH OVER TIME.WATERED DOWN WILL CAUSE LESS OF A PROBLEM.WALMART SELLS A PRODUCT CALLED HULL CLEANER MADE BY BRITE SOMETHING OR ANOTHER THAT WORKS QUITE WELL.

Perfect-Storm
08-19-2004, 07:01 PM
Try Simple Green Marine Water Spot Remover. I have been using it for a couple of years now and it works awesome on hard water spots. I have not had any problems with this product on fiberglass or finished metal, just rinse it well. ;) Cleans up a motors midsection better than anything I have ever used.

150aintenuff
02-27-2005, 12:30 AM
its hard to beat a good 3m cutting and buffing compound in the finest grit you can find... re wax after use and hard water is the thing of the past.

Scream And Fly
02-27-2005, 01:08 AM
You can also use vinegar on hard water spots. Since vinegar is a very mild acid, it works perfectly without damaging any paint or other surfaces. But don't leave water spots on too long, or they will etch almost any finish, including glass.

Greg

150aintenuff
04-23-2005, 10:06 PM
You can also use vinegar on hard water spots. Since vinegar is a very mild acid, it works perfectly without damaging any paint or other surfaces. But don't leave water spots on too long, or they will etch almost any finish, including glass.

Greg

how could I have forgotten the time tested old tric of vinegar............