PDA

View Full Version : Waste of Gas

ben673
08-08-2004, 12:02 PM
First of all the inboards are cool, the look good and they go super fast. But the same boats race over and over, with gas, with nitros... And then ten minutes between races cause they're always refuelin, and then it takes an hour and a half to load'em. And then, well **** boys were out of time for the outboards, sorry. I was mad, I wanted my money back, but what I really want is to see GW and Travis race, that's why I went. So, if and when you guys race, let me know cause I still want my $10 worth.

Travis Fulton
08-08-2004, 12:22 PM
i know what you mean ben, i want to race and too see the rest of the guys race that have put all the effort into their boats! i am going to try and have a race before cold weather?!?! so all that want to participate let me know and we will see if it happens

GHOST
08-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Hey guys, I was glad to finally meet some of the people I read about and put some faces with names. It was a pleasure, but I do feel like everyone else, I was not pleased with the way the race was run. I agree with Ben in that the inboards are cool, but I came to see the outboards run. I think that not one particular individual can take the blame for the unfinished business at hand. The race organizers did what they thought was right, but I don't think that there should have been double elimination races. You really can't blame the Water Patrol, they were just doing their jobs and covering their asses, but it wouldn't have hurt anything if they just up and decided to leave or turn a blind eye so that no liability falls on them. I think in the future there needs to be two separate races, one for inboards and one for outboards. This way there will be plenty of time for everyone to participate and they can put as many classes and formats as they want at each individual race. Though I don't have anything race worthy at the moment, I believe that the outboard turn out was poor. I believe that there were only 11 total in the outboard class, there were more than that at the stock race and this was a first year effort for that. Are we getting pushed out of the way by inboards? or, is this a dying sport? I think neither, but I hope that this can be resolved. For the racers it was bad enough, but a lot of the spectators were just as pissed, they came to see the outboards run.

Ted Stryker
08-08-2004, 08:51 PM
I raced one SDBA race with an outboard and will never do it again... While some of the car motors can warm their stuff up in the pits , outboards cannot unless you drop the lower unit off.. They would'nt let me put any heat into the motor when it was in the water whatsoever... As we know , flogging a cold 2-stroke can be catastrophic... I had strict instructions to crank my engine when the "COUNT OF TEN" clock started blinking , not one second before... One of the officials (Dickhead) patted my cowling stating that that was "plenty of time"... There were many other complaints about the operations of that event , but I won't bore you... I know of a lot of outboarders who enjoy running in the car motor events, so maybe they've improved some things since I participated..

pumpshock
08-09-2004, 12:38 AM
I can see that i am not alone with my opinions of this years race. The inboards are awsome the first ten times you see them run but continually seeing the same boat going over and over? too much. I wouldn't have even drove there if not for the outboards. Even if there were only 11 boats it still would have been worth it. I don't put any blame on the water patrol since i can't put them at fault for doing there job and sticking to the rules. WHy was the race changed so that the big boats went first? what happened to the small outboards kickin the race off? Poor planning maybe? I feel terrible for the guys who sunk so much time, effort, and money into there setups and didn't even get in the water. I was glad to see such a turn out but i hope that next year we will see more outboards and the planning to be a little more thought out.

v6merc
08-09-2004, 12:06 PM
I DROVE A HOUR AND A HALF @ 80MPH(THOUGHT WE WOULD MISS THE OUTBOARDS) TO GET TO THESE RACES, AND DID'NT EVEN GET TO SEE A OUTBOARD RUN! THATS B***S***. HEARD THAT THE TROUTTS AND COWTOWN WAS GOING TO MEET UP AT THE PIPELINE TO GIT R DUN, BUT I HAVE'NT HEARD WHAT HAPPEND YET..............................................................:confused: