PDA

View Full Version : Cenrral Fl. Races

Joe Raimondo
08-02-2004, 11:00 AM
Does anyone know when they are racing next in central fl. I was told this coming week but have no information about what days,location,or times,Thanks for any help

gdfatha
08-06-2004, 07:09 PM
I think a few guys may be drag racing at Crescent City...But I can't find the thread...So don't quote me..

It also appears as though Sept 24-26 is scheduled (though not firm to my knowlege) for Eustis.

Offshore Nationals will be running at Deerfield ( just north of Ft Lauderdale) in 8-10 October.. I think (also not certain) the OPCs have Altamonte Springs scheduled for the same time..

marc

Joe Raimondo
08-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the information ,We keep hearing about races after they had them .

Hebert519
08-06-2004, 09:18 PM
I believe the altamonte race has been cancelled, please correct me if im wrong:(

gdfatha
08-06-2004, 09:55 PM
I hope not for the sake of the racers..BUT..I noticed it dropped of of the APR schedule and there is a lot of construction planned on the general area-office buildings, condos... etc for the next two years. I live about a mile from there.

I have seen no OFFICIAL word yet...We've now lost 3-4 prime race sites here in central Florida if Altamonte goes--

Howey in the Hills near Eustis is a potential site, but the locals have to have a attitude adjustment in relation to parking. The fan parking is on top of Cardiac Hill about 3/8 mile 20 degree grade hill. It almost makes Daytona Race NASCAR race site look flat.

Another potential is Cypress Gardens where the F1s & SST120 used to race. But some region 5 leadership I mean officials has to go interface with the new owner and that's a wet dream since nothing appears to have been done about losing the lakes we had for mixed class racing.

marc.

spn#43
08-07-2004, 12:31 AM
:) OPC's

October 9-10 Lake Alfred FL,
October 23-24 Crescent City FL,
and potential November race in Okeechobee FL
:D :D ;)

Hot Shot Merc
08-08-2004, 05:49 PM
www.fastboatsinc.com

Wile E. Coyote
08-09-2004, 06:09 AM
The Eustis Drag Race is going to happen, everything is in place, media blitz to follow.....:D

gdfatha
08-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by spn#43
:) OPC's

October 9-10 Lake Alfred FL,
October 23-24 Crescent City FL,
and potential November race in Okeechobee FL
:D :D ;)

I hope they don't schedule Okee the same time as the Offshore Worlds....:mad: :confused:

Please provide direction to Okee from Altamonte Springs..I've never been there..

See ya in Crescent City unless you come to Eustis

marc

spn#43
08-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Unless I switch to drags (witch is highly unlikely) you won’t see me in Eustis.
As for Okeechobee if that race ever happens directions will be posted here and on APBA site and I will e-mail them to you personally so you better start thinking of some other excuse.
:D :p :D

gdfatha
08-10-2004, 06:08 AM
blah-blah blah:rolleyes: :D :D

Jeff_G
08-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Godfather, just go south.

gdfatha
08-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Well.

There really is a Sir Jeff lurching in the background. :D :D

Since I love the accent of the Carolina purebred ladies, (if any attend the races that far north) I plan on tip toeing up there for a race next year.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But..I will definitely head south for Ochee, but...once there do I "TURN LEFT" as SPN 43/44/?? can only turn???? Or do I go right???..Heh Heh.. I love road like courses on water..

Nice to hear from you Jeff...

Now go win one for the gdfatha...:D :D :D

marc

spn#43
08-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by gdfatha
Well.

..once there do I "TURN LEFT" as SPN 43/44/?? can only turn???? Or do I go right???..Heh Heh.. I love road like courses on water..

marc
:D :D :) :D :)
LOL...LOL
That's what they do in Europe...must be really cool, I would love to try it :cool:

GO FAST - TURN LEFT AND RIGHT