PDA

View Full Version : Whaere do you clip your kill switch

H2Onut
11-18-2001, 10:59 PM
Is it your sleeve, around your wrist, to a belt loop ?

And do they make impact steering wheel...i.e. for racing, are the designed to absorb impact like a automotive type wheel.

The impact wheel, my logic was if ya stuff the bow, your going into the wheel, It seems ribs are always taking the brunt of that impact.

Also has anyone located kill under seat, attach to ring on crotch strap of jacket?, Out of the way of feet and arms ???

PropWash
11-18-2001, 11:50 PM
Around my wrist - I have a heavy elastic (almost like bungy cord) wrist band. It is a firm fit over my hand but comfortable to wear.

Fitting it to my life jacket might be more secure but I find it a hassle - and I always forget I am tied to it when I jump up to check something.

Techno
11-19-2001, 05:45 PM
I wear mine attached to the D-ring on my jacket. Since the D-ring doesnt do anything I guess thats what its there for.

If I'm not wearing the jacket then I attach it to a belt loop.
I have forgotten to unhook it but, hey it shows that it works when you forget.
Somehting else to consider is when do you want this switch to trigger. I want mine to trigger as soon as my butt is located an uncomfortable distance from the seat.

Gerben
11-19-2001, 06:46 PM
Put the cord in a loop around my ankle/leg. Keeps hands nice and free.
Hmm impact steering wheel. Now there is something to think about. Though most guys seem to be ejected trough the side :eek:

Greetings,
Gerben

AnthonySS
11-22-2001, 12:57 PM
Since my Kill Switch is located in my Control Box, the tether always goes around my Leg, to make it as short as possible. I recommend most do your best to make it as short as you can, and not in the way.

This way You won't have to be in the water or the back seat before the engine kills

NPW
11-22-2001, 01:33 PM
Clipped on D ring on Life jacket,and as short as possible.. I want the engine stopped before I'm fully out of the seat..

FCnLa
11-22-2001, 09:22 PM
Engine to stop before you leave the seat? LOL! That will not happen especially over 7 K!

I like the jacket idea. Two much stuff to tangle on my feet, in my boat anyway. A bungie around the wrist I don't like either. If it can slip on it can slip off. But that is just my opinion

Techno
11-22-2001, 10:50 PM
In cars they have a flexible strip contactor for the seat. Its feedback for if your in the seat and don't have your belt on.

Put one of these in and it would be automatic. Of course if you normaly ride in stuff rough enough to bump you up then it wouldn't be any good.
I don't have enough seat time and differing water conditions to know if it would work in my situation.