PDA

View Full Version : Chattahoochee, FL ODBA race

W. Tripp
07-20-2004, 11:53 AM
"Big River Blast"

Talmadge and Monica Fitzsimmons are working closely with Lee Garner at the City of Chattahoochee to make this a fantastic event. Mr. Garner will be airing TV and radio ads for this event. I have spoken to several newspapers in the panhandle of Florida concerning this event as well.

This will be a Mercury Marine triple Crown event. Mercury will have representatives on hand on Sunday, but they are unable to have a racing support truck on hand. To show their support for the racers, spectators, and the sport, they are trying to arrange to have a truck on hand at the Plymouth, NC event in September. Mercury is also sending photographers to the Chattahoochee event to get racing photos for use in the 2005 calandar, brochures, and catalogs.

Lamar Standish, a writer and photographer for Hot Boat and Family and Performance Boating magazines will be at this race to cover the event for Hot Boat and to get a couple of articles detailing several of our racers and their boats. He will also be photographing the racing action for those who want to buy pictures of the boats.

Russ Rogers will be photraphing the action and writing an article for Drag Boat Review.

For accomodation information, pease see the front page at www.odbaonline.com

Each race this season has been better than the last, and this event is shaping up to be the best race of the 2004 season yet. I am looking forward to seeing you all there.

W. Tripp
07-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Holiday Inn Express 850-526-2900
Best Western 850-526-5666
Comfort Inn 850-526-5600
Hampton Inn 850-526-1006
The above hotels are located at I-10 exit #142 in Marianna, Florida (16 miles to Sneads exit #158; 24 miles to Chattahoochee exit #166)

Chattahoochee RV Campground 850-663-8000
Campground is located on race site

Directions to race site:
Easiest
From hotels in Marianna to race site:
Take I-10 east to Sneads exit #158, exit left (north), travel aprox 6 miles to Hwy 90 (second stop sign), turn right (east) on hwy 90, travel aprox 4 miles to bridge (race site will be on the right, Jim Woddruff Dam will be on the left) turn right on top of the hill at Hardees.

If traveling to race from the east:
From I-10 Exit #166 (Chattahoochee exit)
Exit north, travel aprox 1 mile to dead end, turn right, travel aprox 12 miles to red light, turn left, travel aprox 1 mile, turn left at Hardees.

G-Train
07-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Sounds GREAT!!!

See you there.

Where are most guys staying?

Will we have some Testing time avail. on Friday?

G

W. Tripp
07-21-2004, 01:48 PM
The rescue crew can't be there on Friday, so we will not have "officially sanctioned" testing. But the permits are in place, and the water will be available.....

The guys are staying at different hotels in Marianna, FL. Our team will be staying at some cabins at the original race site, about 2 miles from the present race site.

Greg, if you need anything call my cell (205) 432-8041

Liberated 18
07-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Looking forward to it..see ay there.

spdboat
07-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Great run last weekend Wayne. I'll be there for sure and I'm going to try to bring as many of the Bama Gang folks as I can.

Ray

W. Tripp
08-18-2004, 09:21 AM
There will be a blues band at the race site Saturday evening for spectators and racers. Come one, Come all!

I am looking forward to seeing you all there this weekend, this should be a another great event.

DHos
08-19-2004, 10:08 AM
We have reviewed and run the race course. The staging area will start underneath the bridge. Their will be no start barge because the post of the bridge has a large flat area for the officals to call the shot. The race will then procede down the river towards the corner of the bend. If any of the racers turn to their left at all they will run aground on some submerged coral rock formations. But no worries. It is a great course.
Another note, more than likely, there will be a rope for the drivers to hold on to.
This is shaping up to be a great race and the people of Chattahoochee are looking forward to a great event.

G-Train
08-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by DHos
If any of the racers turn to their left at all they will run aground on some submerged coral rock formations. But no worries.

Uhhh Yeah!!!

DHos
08-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Ok
Just in case somepeople *ahem gtrain* didn't understand about turning left.

Anyone who would like to turn left into the nice large body of water at the end of the course will run aground into submerged coral rock.

xstreamed
08-19-2004, 05:20 PM
around 4pm fri should be to the race site by 8pm. see you guys there. we will be in the big ford with white trailer. :D

so go fast turn right:eek: